Jedi Pyramid

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago #120037 by
Replied by on topic Jedi Pyramid
Irrelevant. It still does not give you the right to speak of me in public in the way you did. If you needed an example you could have A: Used a general 'dummy' (A made up example) or B: Tempered your words and informed me of your mentioning in this thread five months ago. Instead you went on using harmful words.

What you think. How you and others feel. How you saw it. How it came across to YOU. Is YOUR Problem. If you wanted clarification, you should have PM'ed me and asked question. Not make general assumptions then explode them over the net with negative labels.

I am, and always have been more than willing to discuss my viewpoints with anyone willing to ask about them and gain further understanding why I believe the way I do. I do not, however. Feel it right that anyone. Jedi especially. Should use them in such a downgrading way. If you and others do not agree with them. Fine. But keep it to yourself and move along or at least be respectful in your disagreement and instead offer Constructive Criticism to the person it influences and not behind their backs in a topic that had nothing to do with me. On a forum I hadn't been active on in 2 years.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago #120039 by

Alethea Thompson wrote: If Jax had posted her thoughts publicly on how she defines knights and masters, I most likely would have used her points instead. Because her standards are far more difficult to achieve. But she doesn't have them presented in a public venue. You did, and said it before a number of people which were from various boards.

As I know Jackie's ideas for standards best besides her, herself, I will attest to this. I guess the difference is that we make it clear that people who do not meet our standards are welcome to look elsewhere for training. We don't attempt (at IJRS) to make everybody happy. We simply do what we do, and grow as we grow. :) Hence why we rarely post in a public venue.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago #120040 by
One word I offer to you all, and it perhaps both the most difficult thing to find yet some essential to strive for: BALANCE ;)

Let us avoid getting overly angsty, and please allow discussion to continue in a cooperative fashion. Connor, well put :)

To each their own. Unless of course you are in the military and are required to meet a certain standard across many disciplines ;) Those who know some of the physical woes of service life will understand. You can meet standards, fall below or above them else ignore them completely, yet in the end, you must still live your life and learn from whatever outcome or choices you make.

There's my tangent's worth....so much for one word ;) Looks like I enjoy exercising my voice :p

Cheers

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #120041 by Alethea Thompson
Replied by Alethea Thompson on topic Jedi Pyramid
I tried to get you to talk about it (publicly, I didn't take it to private, because if one person understands it, there is no point, you need the masses to understand it), to open up more on the subject, you kept pushing it rather than trying a new way of tackling the subject matter.

How it came across to myself or anyone else is not just my/our problem- it's the communicators problem just as much as the receivers.

Using a hypothetical person just produces a hypothetical person. It's why I don't use fictional characters in the Star Wars Universe unless it is absolutely necessary- people don't gain anything from fictional scenarios. Even in one of these forums, Khaos presented a scenario where someone was on welfare had so many children and just milking off the government to make his point. Someone else came in said "you made up this fictional person", to which another person had to point out that the "fictional" character was actually similar to someone which was talked about on television in his hometown.

It doesn't have the same impact to make up people and scenarios.

It's not behind your back unless I had the intent of hiding it from you. And I didn't. I have never lied to you that I felt these were ridiculous. I gave you a number of reasons why I felt they were ridiculous.

Should I have told you when I initially brought it up- probably, I'll concede that point. Though I did figure you would have found it earlier, because I thought you were still here, that you would come in from time to time- and that you found no value in the ToTJO posts. I actually figured that because you didn't find value in the Jedi Compass later when I presented it to you that that may have been the reason that you didn't respond on this thread- you read over it, realized you didn't like the idea, and just shrugged it all off. At that time, as far as I knew, ToTJO was of the few places you actually had any interest in outside of IJRS and JRC.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by Alethea Thompson.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago #120042 by

Alethea Thompson wrote:
Using a hypothetical person just produces a hypothetical person. It's why I don't use fictional characters in the Star Wars Universe unless it is absolutely necessary- people don't gain anything from fictional scenarios. Even in one of these forums, Khaos presented a scenario where someone was on welfare had so many children and just milking off the government to make his point. Someone else came in said "you made up this fictional person", to which another person had to point out that the "fictional" character was actually similar to someone which was talked about on television in his hometown.

It doesn't have the same impact to make up people and scenarios.

The Problem with that Ally, is when you use real people as an example they have real feelings that gets hurt. Hypothetical situations allow problems to be solved, examples to be made without the other baggage, and without offending others.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #120044 by

The Problem with that Ally, is when you use real people as an example they have real feelings that gets hurt. Hypothetical situations allow problems to be solved, examples to be made without the other baggage, and without offending others.

Yes, except then those real people using hypothetical situations dont actually have to mature, grow, etc. As its nothing more than make beleieve.

Which defeats the purpose of any situation being used as a lesson, if the lesson doesnt actually have any bearing on real events in ones life/lives.

People need to get a thicker skin, grow up, and learn to hash stuff out.

Real feelings, real situations,amongst real people, create REAL experience.

Isnt that the point?

Or it is better to stay in a hypothetical fantasy land so no one has to go out of there comfort zones and grow?

I though the life of a Jedi wasnt supposed to be easy, or comfortable.
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by .

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
10 years 6 months ago #120061 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Jedi Pyramid

Br. John wrote: That's why surgeons, scientists, artists, etc are judged by how many miles they can run.

Welcome to the french education system.

A person who sees no value in knowing first aid is an idiot. That's all I have to say about that.

I can't say I disagree. It's too easy and too useful to let it fall to procrastination.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 8 months ago #198804 by
pyramid? or just a tunnel :) :) :side:
Attachments:

More
8 years 8 months ago #198813 by Alethea Thompson
Replied by Alethea Thompson on topic Jedi Pyramid
lol :) This was actually renamed to the "Jedi Compass", and became a book you can purchase on Amazon. :)

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
8 years 8 months ago #198817 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Jedi Pyramid

Khaos wrote: Yes, except then those real people using hypothetical situations dont actually have to mature, grow, etc. As its nothing more than make believe. Which defeats the purpose of any situation being used as a lesson, if the lesson doesn't actually have any bearing on real events in ones life/lives.

that is true for some people but not all, there are always going to be people that learn and grow from humility and others that merely use it as fuel for their resentment....

People need to get a thicker skin, grow up, and learn to hash stuff out.

Real feelings, real situations,amongst real people, create REAL experience.

Isnt that the point?

on this i totally agree, if people were less prone to being offended, or having their feelings "hurt" the world would be able to move towards harmony....i can't help but feel that the age of "political correctness" is going to create multiple generations of mentally/emotionally weaker individuals....wild animals don't concern themselves with not hurting each other's "feelings"...i'm not saying that having or experiencing emotional pain is a weakness, it's what makes us human after all, its allowing the fear of experiencing or causing that pain that is the problem...

I though the life of a Jedi wasnt supposed to be easy, or comfortable.

it usually isn't...choosing between putting others before yourself, or acting in self interest should always be done after careful evaluation...sometimes it's best to put others first, sometimes it's best to put yourself first...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi