• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago - 8 years 11 months ago #194398 by
Replied by on topic Jedi and Drugs

ren wrote:

Aqua wrote: I drink tea and coffee, considered an Eco-drug :blink:

How on earth is that eco? Grow weed in your garden:
-Very resilient plant, does not require artificial light, greenhouse, pesticide, or particular food to grow.
-The Co2 emissions from processing/consuming the flowers, or walking between your house and your garden, are negligible and likely inferior to the quantities of Co2 that are absorbed by the plant.
-Byproducts are 100% biodegradable and can be used as fuel or to declare independence from England.

Also, the consumption of the plant will decrease your energetic consumption and activity levels, while the caffeine in tea and coffee will do the opposite; make you keep your lights on at night or make you drive for longer.

:whistle:

Ehm..

It has nothing to do with CO2 or biological stuff.. Guess it is an Dutch term, but I am not sure, If I translate it: ''A ecodrugs are products with a consciousness influencing effect derived directly from nature..'' In Dutch we consider an drugs are always an composite, ecodrug is one component that is originally not tooled or today almost not tooled.. Like coffee, tea, herbs and psilocybin mushrooms.. or known in dutch as 'paddo' (comes from the word 'paddestoel' --> the word 'stoel' means 'chair' .. just know that of 'paddestoel' means 'muchroom') so much complexity.. ..
Secondly there are smart products, and are a combination of multiple products. Like energy drinks..
And no worry, i only use sparingly coffee and quite some tea.. nothing else. :blush:

I hope that I could clarify it :)

- Aqua
Last edit: 8 years 11 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
8 years 11 months ago #194409 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Jedi and Drugs
what you're talking about is "organic". (a natural product in the biological sense)
Other drugs would count as synthetic or processed. (derived from chemicals in a lab, or extracted from a plant)

"eco" in english is always short for ecological or snake oil.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #194412 by
snake oil :blink:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 11 months ago #194413 by
Thats good that you made the class more fun. However I find it how people say if you do drugs such as Cannabis you won't succeed in life. Which varies in most cases. If you're using Windows on your computer, designed by someone who did drugs(Bil Gates, who admitted to using Weed and Acid). Apple products: Well we all know Steve Jobs was a hippie and did anything that he thought "expanded the mind".
Thand we can go into science. Carl Sagan was probably the most know "pothead" of science. Now we have Neil Degrasse Tyson who has hinted he has done it. According to some writings, Isaac Newtons friends smoked cannabis when they would meet up at a local coffee shop and discuss different things in the world.....I guess you can say these people had a good grip on self control.

More
8 years 11 months ago #194416 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Jedi and Drugs
10 Famous Geniuses Who Used Drugs and were better off for it

http://www.salon.com/2013/08/16/10_famous_geniuses_who_used_drugs_and_were_better_off_for_it_partner/

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
8 years 10 months ago #194423 by Alethea Thompson
Replied by Alethea Thompson on topic Jedi and Drugs
Sigmund Freud :laugh: :silly: :laugh: :silly: :lol: :silly: :woohoo: :silly:

Carl Sagan :laugh: :silly: :laugh: :silly: :lol: :silly: :woohoo: :silly:

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #194425 by
Carl Sagan was one of the most influential minds of the 20th Century most of his work is still studied to this day. Cornell University just named a building after him.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
8 years 10 months ago #194449 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Jedi and Drugs

Aqua wrote: snake oil :blink:

Things that claim to be things they are not. For example, eco lightbulbs that are highly toxic, etc.

Stimulants aren't bad if you know how to take them. I doubt anyone goes to a final exam in medicine without amphetamines flowing through their veins. There's absolutely nothing wrong with this drug when used responsibly, it improves pretty much everything you can possibly want to improve.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

More
8 years 10 months ago #194489 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Jedi and Drugs

ren wrote: Stimulants aren't bad if you know how to take them.

They used them in the USAF for pilots. I dont know if they still use them, but here is an interesting 1997 article which would be a good starting point to base any research into any 21st century usage;
Stimulant Use in Extended Flight Operations
http://www.airpower.maxwell.af.mil/airchronicles/apj/apj97/spr97/cornum.html

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 10 months ago #194491 by

Adder wrote:

ren wrote: Stimulants aren't bad if you know how to take them.

They used them in the USAF for pilots. I dont know if they still use them, but here is an interesting 1997 article which would be a good starting point to base any research into any 21st century usage;
Stimulant Use in Extended Flight Operations
http://www.airpower.maxwell.af.mil/airchronicles/apj/apj97/spr97/cornum.html

The fighter pilots used them in an episode of Battlestar Gallactica as well, though I'm not sure that's entirely relevant.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi