Jedi and Drugs

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 9 months ago #198163 by
Replied by on topic Jedi and Drugs

Goken wrote: I think that your last bit kind of explains what Edan said. I have friends that smoke but I don't. When they want to smoke they go out and I don't because I too can't stand to be around the smell and the smoke. I then am the one cut off and alone, thus creating a desire to join in so that I can fit in. We all know that it's not necessary, but there will always be that part that thinks that it is and is almost willing to do the thing we hate so that we can be accepted.

I suppose....the people I am around are usually considerate enough to stand down wind, so I've never had that "Cut off" feeling. We just found ways to include both needs. I realize that it's not like that for everyone though.

Their habits bounce off each other if you know what I mean

Yea I can understand that :) It challenges the Willpower more that's for sure.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #198167 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Jedi and Drugs
using my own experience as an example, all of the adults in my life smoked cigarettes - so the idea was in my head to smoke even without the peer socialization issue

but since i had already somewhat identified with the idea of it, by the end of middle school i started cigarette smoking almost entirely as a medium for social interaction - my high school experience cemented this behavior

i would say that this was pretty typical within my peer group

my personal experience has been that once the addiction was solid, cigarettes were harder to get over than booze, heroin or crystal meth

in fact ive had two dreams just in the last two or three weeks where i was faced with the experience of smoking again or not smoking

ive had this more with cigarettes than anything else

and i wouldnt take the risk of hanging out with cigarette smokers at this time in my life any more than i would with drug users, because the potential for "relapse" would be pretty high

there have been a lot of people who were snared by tobacco but werent quite at risk enough to get taken in by drugs

and when i say "drugs" those are the kinds of drugs that i mean; heroin, cocaine, crack cocaine, methamphetamine, and prescription pills

pills are maybe a middle area between "real drugs" and things like pot and mushrooms
pot can be overdone definitely but its really not anywhere near the same thing as smoking crack or using needles

pills dont appear quite so extreme on the surface -imo thats the most dangerous thing about them

quite a few are chemically addictive and many many many have a high potential for STRONG level of dependence
pills are really much more dangerous than they seem

this is why i consider them "middle area" because taking a couple pills doesnt have same psychological sense of extremeness that using a needle does, for example

many (not all but MANY) of the people who get involved in the heavier drugs have significant emotional and social development issues, which often (not always, but very often imo) happen as a response to exposure to traumatic violence, and/or sexual abuse during childhood

for most of these types, their entire "support structure" consists of the people who are directly involved with the issues behind the problems or with other people in their peer groups who they identify with because they have the same or similar problems themselves

or maybe more accurate to say they act out in the same kinds of ways

which does not translate into a "support structure" so much as it is "hanging out with the wrong crowd" structure

the article that was posted by Brenna in the child discipline thread is lined up with this topic perfectly imo - at least insofar as the "support structure" line of thought is concerned

People are complicated.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson

More
8 years 8 months ago #198798 by Tarran
Replied by Tarran on topic Jedi and Drugs
Marijuana: "I wanna chill out for a while and focus." :)

Salvia: "I wanna relax for like, 30 seconds." :side:

Cocaine: "I'm gonna get EVERYTHING done, FOREVER!" :cheer:

LSD: "Wow, man... like, that plaid cloud sounded so chocolatey!" :blink:

Crystal Meth: "I GOTTA GET THESE BEES OUT OF MY TEETH!!" :woohoo:

Apprentice to J. K. Barger

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 8 months ago #199025 by
Based solely on my own experiences and observations, LSD and Entheogens in general are not necessarily used for exploration of external space, but rather internal space. Your 'vision' of external space begins to fall in line with you perceive as your internal life. You project the beauty or ugliness you see in yourself at that moment onto the world. Not as an actual divorce from reality, but as an understanding of, this is what I'm experiencing inside myself right now. It helps you to pick out the internal and external factors that lead to your current mental and emotional state and understand interdependence. From what I see in the culture surrounding these particular substances, people don't see them as recreational at all. More as a powerful tool. Timothy Leary, et al. all believe that it was something to be done carefully and with great respect for the experience. There should always be someone present that functions as ground control for you when you go down this path. The only way for one to understand consciousness is to experiment with it. Limit it, expand it, alter it, whatever you need to do in order to observe the change that happens. Since it is intangible and only observable by the person in the experience, we have to rely on subjective experience. Then again, consciousness IS subjective experience. Without a sense of self or separateness, we can't experience what it means to be objective in the first place, to even experience belonging. Meditation can get you to these places with immense amounts of practice, sure. But there is a reason that scientists and doctors both use Entheogens to assist in the study of consciousness, because the results can be acquired in a regular and predictable time frame.

Do I think that these substances can be considered useful to Jedi? Absolutely. I've had a few eureka moments because of LSD, Dipropyl-Triptamine and Mushrooms. I would say that my current understanding of the flux of energy in the universe and how karma/law of reciprocal energy exchange work are rooted in these experiences. I wouldn't have broken through my religious indoctrination as a Conservative Christian or dealt with my history of sexual abuse as positively if I didn't have a history with these chemicals. Dipropyl-Triptamine (DPT) is actually legal to possess, the experience is rather short lived and quite enlightening. It's my favorite of these kind of experiences. Am I advocating? No. Be responsible and enter at your own risk. You're playing with your mind here. Those of unsound mind should avoid at all costs.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #214876 by
Bump?

Just saw this and thought it could be added here for wanderers, :) (Even though an article on this thread already described this effect... but this goes a little futher, :) )

Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/ao8L-0nSYzg

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
8 years 4 months ago #214890 by
Replied by on topic Re:Jedi and Drugs
I'm supportive of cancer treatment with cannabis oil. luckily I wouldn't touch drugs myself

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi