The Block

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 Sep 2016 15:34 #256864 by
Replied by on topic The Block
Thank you for sharing Master , i am reading the Art of Peace now and this verse goes well with what you wrote :)

2 One does not need buildings, money, power, or status to practice the Art of Peace. Heaven is right where you are standing, and that is the place to train.

We all to easy forget what we really need, May the Force shine on you :cheer:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
12 Sep 2016 15:58 #256868 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic The Block
Heaven can be right where your standing and THAT IS the place to train.
I love it. Great stuff. Iron and iron stays sharp. ! Thank u! I'm glad the Temple has u in it. Maybe he Living Force continue to find toy every where u r Marta!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Zenchi,

More
19 Sep 2016 14:15 #257599 by Carlos.Martinez3
It surly is a Monday. HI FRIENDS AND FELLOW JEDI this week seems to been the same for all of us. I noticed that things are happening here in the Temple. As we, as a whole receive new apprentice and new members a new wave or group of hearts and minds join our paths. Some of us are prone to a lot of self help type of learning or training in a way that's self paced. Nothing wrong with that. I myself can maximize some outcomes with a fairly organized manner when there are fewer individuals. In life this is rarely the case. As we learn ourselves and grow things begin to happen. I want to warn most readers if you haven't figured it out, this is a place for a bit of spiritual ideas as well. As we grow in all things there can be times when as some describe, " I just feel like crying or screaming for no reason" or the ever popular, "I don't know why im sad all of a sudden." out of no where. Now, things don't just happen for no reason. If you are a thinker like I am there is always some cause for effects, that much I have learned. So what causes this bout of emotional rushes or uncontrollable needs to surge emotion for apparently no reason. ?
I offer this idea
Any sportsman can tell you and any athlete can tell you that during the time of training there are pains. During the sprints the pushups the ups downs and the moving and shuffling there will be pains. Why? The process seems to generate pain and agony. Some focus on that aspect and in turn receive very little from the time taken to train. Others, who know and are willing will endure the agony and the stretch and even for some new growth of new possibilities. Oh no friends we don't just hurt and cry for no reason. All that time and effort we place into the process is evident. Some times in form of pain.
I give you and leave you with this simple idea. Got pains and woes and agony in your life still and wonder, but im studying and learning, why?
Some times in life we experience Mental growing pains, spiritual growing Pains, heart growing pains, family growing pains, sibling growing pains. That is normal. That should be expected, its the foolish one who thinks otherwise that growth can not be felt ever. We continue to grow. As we continue to live and die and live and die we continue to share and learn and continue to grow. Jedi, EXPECT for the pains to be there, expect for there to be a sore part or two in your own personal lifes. If you are growing then you will experience this one way or another. When you do Jedi , keep in mind this may be the gain pains you thought or didn't think possible....hu? your not alone. We are never alone in this Temple
May the Force be with you Every where you are my Friends
Carlos

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Zenchi, Jack.Troutman, , Vincent Causse

More
19 Sep 2016 16:28 - 19 Sep 2016 16:29 #257619 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic The Block
Very well stated Carlos! Growth, real substantial growth seldom occurs in a comfortable scenereo, as it is often, in one form or another, accompanied with some degree of pain. If it weren't the case, growth would lose all value and meaning. You make Mondays here worth while buddy, thank you...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 19 Sep 2016 16:29 by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
19 Sep 2016 16:56 #257623 by Carlos.Martinez3
Thank you so very much friend. As we learn we grow. There s no doubt our Temple continues to grow, and the best part is.... tah dahh... it grows by us!

Build, not tear down.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
19 Sep 2016 18:56 #257649 by
Replied by on topic The Block
Thank you Master , we have talked about pain a lot and how it seems nescessary for growth , we might not like it but how we conduct during this pain or loneliness defines us in the end :)

More
20 Sep 2016 00:23 #257671 by Jack.Troutman
Replied by Jack.Troutman on topic The Block
Thank you Master, that puts some perspective on a few things. I study, train, and meditate, but sometimes I feel like I am not making progress. Then I look at my life and realize that my life is completely different that it was before I joined the Temple. I have met some amazing people here to be sure. One day, I hope to pass on what I learn and what I think.

“There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” Ernest Hemingway
TM: Carlos Martinez
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
20 Sep 2016 01:40 #257680 by Carlos.Martinez3
That's the idea, one of many. ! The idea is to not fret if u do have pain either, its natural. WE Are never alone especially in this Temple. As iron sharpens iron.

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jack.Troutman

More
26 Sep 2016 13:56 #258411 by Carlos.Martinez3
One of many gifts of Jedi ism
Good day Jedi, im not sure how many know this but ill let you in on a little secret. There is a way to find things out for your self. No treasure map, no road maps or google ever needed, just good old fashion searching. Now, before you call me Indiana Jones, or some form of old joke lol (they are always welcome!) I want to put this out for the week. Meditation. The whole reason we as Jedi teach and preach Meditation and contemplation is in our teaching's. #2 says we are encouraged to "maintain a clear mind; which can be achieved through meditation and contemplation"
https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/doctrine-of-the-order

Now, in my learning I have come to a bit of validation. So many people ask me why the Temple? One of my easier answers is simple, and I offer it to you.
VALIDATION.
When I started on my path here in the Temple things were different. Time was different, Teachers were different, availability and the process was different. Not wrong, I wasn't used to it. Over time and effort I was in the mix of things in the Temple. After a bit of time, I learned the process and figured out a way to be a part of this wonderful place.
Now, that's not the point I would like to share today in the block party. The point is this, that word...VALIDAION
I offer it to the Temple. Why search ,why seek, why find out why ? In seeking you will find. IN SEEKING YOU WILL FIND. I put that in big letters so we all can see. The direction is in fact part of the reason here. Ill explain. Part of the Temple for me is,,, me. The time and effort I have put into it. The extra yard sale books I find, the web sites I link the subject matter I bring ,the songs I sing , the things I watch, that's all the Validation. All that is my path, me. On our path we will have that fire that urge to do something about it. Look it up , validate, it is our gift as Jedi to do so. I think at times I forget or my amygdala take over and I just take some ones word for it. Not wrong, im just not used to it yet. lol So, in this week as you take your time to practice your Meditation and contemplation as our 12 teachings encourage us to, I offer you this, the longer you stay in this path the more you learn , the more you learn the more you CAN validate a lot of things you always wondered. IS it true, is it path worthy , is it right for me? These are things each Jedi HAS to ask them SELFS on their own paths. So as a Jedi I offer this to you, why the Temple.
Validation, thru knowledge and good old fashioned perseverance, other wise know as curiosity. You got both in floods, I see it! So for this week, my hope is that you find your own validations and you find out for yourselves. My hope is you can still look at the great wall and feel small and still, you look up at the stars and wonder. My hope is we turn to ourselves and our teachings and find EXACTLZY what we need, not what "I" need but what we need personally. Remember, we are Jedi and the answers will differ as colors in a rainbow of light. Don't worry about the answers so much but get the process down. Start the fire , fan the flame, grow Jedi grow, no one can stop you, you know why? Its in our own doctrines that we can validate what we seek. Might not be the answers we want right then and there but we will find them. From one who is and has been there, friends, keep on! SEEK FIND share live grow. May the Living Force be with yall allways!

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Vincent Causse

More
26 Sep 2016 14:08 #258413 by Carlos.Martinez3
"as always Feel free to comment or validate anything... if you have any questions at all feel free to pm me. My door is always open and I am almost always available , some times for those who need it or want it. Be strong in your paths Jedi! be like water, be strong.

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi