The Block

More
7 years 1 month ago #275863 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic The Block
I have my wall, my temple i suppose in the context your speaking of. The reminder of hat and whom I am through the physical objects I choose to keep visible for me an the few that are locked away.

I have spent time honing skills for which I have hopes to never need. My gun sits idle in a safe, its age, almost 60yrs old now, but a reliable machine (Colt 1911 Vietnam issue .45), but one designed only for death. When I go to shoot or train someone else this weighs heavy on my soul that I am showing another how to use this tool for this purpose, (context of use aside). As I have grown naturally and through time I have seen that I want to be at peace. So then I have become pacifist, I am not even sure I would defend myself by bullet or blade anymore. The innocence or life of others having much more value to me now. So, now in my own mind these external tools remind me of the peace I wish to keep, yet, I own and train in methods of killing and cannot help but ask why?

This is what I realized from the sum of all these. My only real tool is my body, as I get older,(I a not that old) but I see the changes the weaknesses that are beginning to show. Like an aging building I can see where I neglected or where my actions have caused it damage. Besides all this the vessel and tool I have is to use this body to do and speak of what I see as right,peacefully, If I must be reminded that is justified, by my wall of Jedi-ism if you will.

I was not always this way, hence the gravitation towards the machines of death, and many years spent fighting others, the world and myself. Ironically, I spent some time last night vomiting up 3 of my teeth. Most my teeth are fake now products of the past......these were also fake but in time medical devices fail, we just don't want them lodged in our throats : ). I digress, this is not the first time I have vomited up teeth but this is the first time it wasn't caused by anger, aggression or warring with others. To me the very fact that this happened though painful, and quite a reminder of the past I see that as an improvement step. To ease the violence I choose to participate in for self serving reasons is a practice in Jedi, though it started before I arrived here. To continue this is one way to continue to use the tool and gift I have been granted. This is just an example to get that I can only base what I a as a Jedi on how I choose to use this physical form to make others world better. I say this because i can see the good in my world, yes, sometimes it's not fun, I get sad, lonely, aggravated ect., but to be aware of the things I am in the moment and to share my reaction with any who will listen is indeed my Jediism.

So, I will carry in my hand the person of whom I am in hopes of sharing the road that got me here to help otherwise. Yet, I will leave others on the wall so that lest I forget that I too have traveled up and down the road to get here. Yes, I enjoy wearing the temples symbol on my coat (pin) as it reminds me of this place when I from here in search of applications of the lessons I have learned here both IP and conversational. Thank you Carlos for this weeks thought I had already been thinking along the same line for myself so excuse my diatribe. Also, this morning brought back many memories that though I regret are ever meant to fade.

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 month ago #276723 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic The Block
Recently I spoke with my little brother , wife's younger . I asked him a simple question , do you start your day or do you just Kinna jump into it ? My little brothers smart and it , this question stemmed a slew of thought . How in charge are we really ? Where does the condition actually kick in ? The automatic .. When does that in reality kick in and the answer seems to be the same, the moment we don't , it does. Strange thing is now that you see it ... Now that it's been told to you , you will for ever know . In my own life I have taken active attention to a few many things now , I can actually say I think for my self more ... Way more than I did before.
The ability to think for yourself , NOT to go automatic as often as we do can yield a few different results, try it start out the day on your terms. Organize it a bit and insert ... The time you will need to do things . I we all... If we just thought or took a few moments on our terms , how different the world would be hu? How different mine is and how different ours can be ... On our own terms!

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi, Cyan Sarden, Kobos

More
7 years 1 month ago #276770 by Cyan Sarden
Replied by Cyan Sarden on topic The Block

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: Recently I spoke with my little brother , wife's younger . I asked him a simple question , do you start your day or do you just Kinna jump into it ? My little brothers smart and it , this question stemmed a slew of thought . How in charge are we really ? Where does the condition actually kick in ? The automatic .. When does that in reality kick in and the answer seems to be the same, the moment we don't , it does. Strange thing is now that you see it ... Now that it's been told to you , you will for ever know . In my own life I have taken active attention to a few many things now , I can actually say I think for my self more ... Way more than I did before.
The ability to think for yourself , NOT to go automatic as often as we do can yield a few different results, try it start out the day on your terms. Organize it a bit and insert ... The time you will need to do things . I we all... If we just thought or took a few moments on our terms , how different the world would be hu? How different mine is and how different ours can be ... On our own terms!

I believe the second the auto-pilot takes over, life eludes you. Not paying attention to the moment makes you miss the moment. As life is short for all of us, spending half of it in auto-pilot and another third asleep should never be an option :-)

Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #276777 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic The Block

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: Recently I spoke with my little brother , wife's younger . I asked him a simple question , do you start your day or do you just Kinna jump into it ? My little brothers smart and it , this question stemmed a slew of thought . How in charge are we really ? Where does the condition actually kick in ? The automatic .. When does that in reality kick in and the answer seems to be the same, the moment we don't , it does. Strange thing is now that you see it ... Now that it's been told to you , you will for ever know . In my own life I have taken active attention to a few many things now , I can actually say I think for my self more ... Way more than I did before.

It can be alarming to some, if not many, to hear, read or even come to the realization that the ego has been primarily in the drivers seat for most if not all of their lives. And even after one begins the process of awakening, it can be disheartening when we find out again that that awareness we may call "control" is temporary. And it continues...

Given enough discipline and even meditation, there will come a time when we allow our egos to fool us once again into believing we have finally achieved a state where the ego has finally ceased attempting to place it's hands on the steering wheel of life, and thus placing us in the passenger seat. This of course itself is misleading to a point as the ego is not really a "thing" per say, but a series of processes that are left over from our primitive ancestry.

When does it stop? The whole process of attempting to stop it all together is ultimately what ensures it's continuation on a more conscious level, lol. Truth is, we need it, it is imperative for growth. One of the hardest lessons for me in life has been "let go or be dragged." Otherwise it ends up permeating every facet of my life, including my art. This has, Imo, been a VITAL part of my growth as a Jedi, as the ego held full reign during my many years as a Sith.

Breathe, Observe, Let go or be Dragged. Today is all that matters...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by Zenchi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

More
7 years 1 month ago #276823 by Carlos.Martinez3

Zenchi wrote:

It can be alarming to some, if not many, to hear, read or even come to the realization that the ego has been primarily in the drivers seat for most if not all of their lives. And even after one begins the process of awakening, it can be disheartening when we find out again that that awareness we may call "control" is temporary. And it continues...

Given enough discipline and even meditation, there will come a time when we allow our egos to fool us once again into believing we have finally achieved a state where the ego has finally ceased attempting to place it's hands on the steering wheel of life, and thus placing us in the passenger seat. This of course itself is misleading to a point as the ego is not really a "thing" per say, but a series of processes that are left over from our primitive ancestry.

When does it stop? The whole process of attempting to stop it all together is ultimately what ensures it's continuation on a more conscious level, lol. Truth is, we need it, it is imperative for growth. One of the hardest lessons for me in life has been "let go or be dragged." Otherwise it ends up permeating every facet of my life, including my art. This has, Imo, been a VITAL part of my growth as a Jedi, as the ego held full reign during my many years as a Sith.

Breathe, Observe, Let go or be Dragged. Today is all that matters...

Thank I for being a part of my personal Jedi ism Z. That is defiantly a valid way of thought . The ability to Cognitivly Reframe ourself s is not the easiest task and even some who say they have still need time . It's a hard gig. So many difrent views possible ! To me all are valid. All . There is nothing I could every say that can make your path less than true. To me , for you if it is it is. The ability to say some... See this way , is wise. Every focus is difrent every person an individual . Every path MUST be difrent. I love it! I love to see how we all are different yet we all meditate , stop , pray , take time ... What ever u wanna call it . I love to see the colors and the song of life! Thank u !

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi

More
7 years 1 month ago #276824 by Carlos.Martinez3
The beautiful people ! The beautiful people ! !!!
Now that's in my head !

Build, not tear down.

More
7 years 1 month ago #277276 by Carlos.Martinez3
The Ability to say there are a few Jedi truths is hard. What's even harder is to find them . Jedi value life ... That is one as a easy one , not so easy .
A second is this , Jedi believe in the value of every human so in a way our paths can not or will not be the same .
No two paths will be alike. Well you say so and I say think on this , if I know ( I do) your path is difrent , valid but different and I accept it , then we are never enemy's with our words or our intentions. If our focus is to grow then we shall find what we seek and grow. Some plants needs shade others need direct light , oh Jedi if ... When ... We See ..can see... this... it will change and help so much .
I give to you this week .... Our paths must be difrent our paths will be different our paths are never the same . Think on that and see if something don't click , if it does let me know . Here we can build one another with simple things like this, let us build never tare down ! Somthing to meditate on Jedi ! May the Living Force be with y'all!

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #277716 by Carlos.Martinez3
As humans it is our right to think for ourselves. Part of a condition I noticed in my life was a strange not... Seeking . To not want to learn. For me it was the lazy ness I had let in my life take pretty much controll of a lot of my desisions. As I speak more and more to my family and friends it seems to be kind of evident more and more every day in the Internet and in the tv shows playing and the movies and the music ... At the store and even at the library. I personally notice more and more as the mindfulness comes evident in life. I hope others are doing the same .
Now this week think ... (Pun intended) on what parts we don't ...and ... Make a difference ... Not in the grand scheme but right where you are , right in your life . Find a few things we go automatic on and changing them or taking charge of them is totally mindfulness in the making . (Kinna one of many ideas here !) may the Force be with y'all every where you look for it

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rosalyn J

More
6 years 11 months ago #279967 by Carlos.Martinez3
My book Shelf

The mind is a wonderful thing. It is complex and difficult to explain and understand. We all know this. I have a few book shelf's in our home library. Some are tattered some books are rough some are new, some are comics some are magazines some are pamphlets. Lots of different styles and types in the Martinez Library. Small ones big ones Photo copied versions and even 3 ringed versions. Get it? See it?

Our minds can, CAN... be as such. Different books, subjects and versions CAN be available. Some of us forget that each and every time we learn something new "books" or volumes or just new info is placed in our "bookshelfs", aka our brain. The other day I bought a new version , a very great one!!!!!! of "as a man thinketh} james allen . Its a light book, small thin, but something happened...I had no room. I noticed a few out of place, my famiy and friends have full open use but often...usually re locate them. don't mind, anything to get them to read a dam book! any how, I had to re arrange the shelfs and make room stow a few ....IT REMINDED ME ABOUT MY MIND. some times we need a moment to organize re read stow and fix the doubles or the missing ones.
your book shelf? been at it lately? need some attention? dusting? filling? emptying? I hope this week we as a whole can take a few moments and straiten up or own before we start teaching a dewey decimal system? to preachy? lol May we find the Force where ever we seek it!

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #282282 by Carlos.Martinez3
Character . It seems the more I learn the more I realize for my self it's this I am missing. The myths give examples of many possible examples . Our parents give us examples. Our peers give us examples. There are so many different examples when it comes to character that my brain can literally be lost at the search of somthing worth. The question is always asked me " so who has the right to chose those things your looking for" the answer is simple ... Me , you. Jedi character is even tougher to find friends because we are few and far between. Keep the study and the seek in your life fellow Jedi , you WILL find the character you want and... You can build that up.

So what can one person do.... Be the difference ! The NEEDED difference ... See that? Be well my Temple! May the Living Force be with y'all!

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cyan Sarden, Jack.Troutman, Kobos

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi