How do jedi view alcohol?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago #347597 by
Replied by on topic How do jedi view alcohol?
Lol you guys are funny! So isnt drinking by it's very definition the act of "getting drunk"? So why do we approve of drinking but not being drunk?
I love vodka! My fav! So versatile and I love being drunk off my ass! Lol just me though. Marajuana, different story! Makes me walk sideways and laugh at everything but damn it sure relives pain and anxiety! So why not use these things for what they are good at doing?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #347598 by Carlos.Martinez3
There are times I must admit things keep me longer than I want to stay and cost me a bit more than I wanna pay but it’s my choice. I have that old war soldier mentality as long as I can stand and I got my wallet - I’m good- no matter the state I currently stand in. For the most part - me personally - I truly think and know I have found my own balance, not for never unbalancing myself, but that’s real life , I say I can enjoy it now cuz I know and have found first hand my limits. I’ve prolly applied the school of hard knocks to a many things in my own Jedi practice and path. Love - yup I know what my limits are and where I’m strong and not so but that’s applying what I know about myself with the drink to my love life. ..not to be confused with the intimacy that is the treasure to me and my own love but the real stuff like why no one used to like to drive with me... or why I always thought I had relationship problems when I was usually the jerk. Seeing thing like this is a very good help for some. Some not. Why can’t ya be a Jeddist all across the board ? Those are the million dolla questions that change things. Why can’t I be as strong on myself with this like I do my drink. Force continue to be with us all.

Self reflection is a gift to all and can be it anyone.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago #347600 by
Lol yea that's the ticket Carlos! Teehee!! Dollar in hand and still standing? Yes I shall have another!

More
4 years 3 months ago #347601 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic How do jedi view alcohol?

Lol you guys are funny! So isnt drinking by it's very definition the act of "getting drunk"? So why do we approve of drinking but not being drunk?
I love vodka! My fav! So versatile and I love being drunk off my ass! Lol just me though. Marajuana, different story! Makes me walk sideways and laugh at everything but damn it sure relives pain and anxiety! So why not use these things for what they are good at doing?

Uhh, trigger warning, condemnation of mental health treatments, I guess -

I guess one theory is that if you are taking mind altering drugs you are not in control/in tune with your own mind, which some may see as a goal - to be able to be self aware and self regulate the effects of your own systems....

any idiot can get drunk, and sure, it's a good feeling at times - but isn't the preferred option to be able to manage and generate your good feelings without gaming your body?

using alcohol (and any more 'traditional medical practitioner' recommended drug) to modify your experience is, some would say, cheating.

Now there are going to be more than a few members here on prescription drugs for mental health, depending on their self confidence (or sense of humour) they may or may not get outraged at the above inference.

That's fine.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, Carlos.Martinez3, Brick, Rex

More
4 years 3 months ago #347602 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic How do jedi view alcohol?

Lol yea that's the ticket Carlos! Teehee!! Dollar in hand and still standing? Yes I shall have another!

That's a nihilistic view that is common/accepted/cool in people who live bleak lives - soldiers, spice smugglers, bounty hunters, and public school teachers.

Among the well off and upwardly mobile,I would call it at best "cultural appropriation" (ie - harmless) or at worst, asinine (ie - harmful for no good reason)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago #347603 by
It's not condemnation, its evolution. Marajuana is quickly becoming the treatment of choice for chronic pain, bipolar and a myriad of other so called "ailments". I dont view what others call mental disorders as detriments. They are superpowers that just need to be harnessed. Viking berserkers for example were praised in the old world, now they are put in hospitals and drugged up so much they cant stop drooling on their shoes. Sad and pathetic.

This idea of having to achieve nirvana as a means of sobriety seems a system of control by those in charge but I say bullshit. If booze or mj makes me happy why not? Altered states are the origin of every religion in existence, so why do we as jedi not embrace that?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago #347605 by
Cant die from mj and almost cant die from booze. Can anyone say that about all the crap chemicals they shove in our bodies these days? Opioids are killing at an alarming rate. Get off that death shit!!

More
4 years 3 months ago #347610 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic How do jedi view alcohol?
First off, no
Second off, can you please be a bit more mature. Insinuating mental disorders are just cured by "weed, dude" as opposed to actual pharmaceuticals is just as insulting to people who deal with them as it is wrong

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 3 months ago #347611 by
First off, I specifically mentioned pain killers not mental treatments.
secondly, ask for clarification instead of assuming in an inflammatory way. This is your failing as a Jedi, Thanks

More
4 years 3 months ago #347612 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic How do jedi view alcohol?
Remember to check for harmful/dangerous food and drug interactions, ethanol/alcohol not withstanding. Especially when dosing for recreational or spiritual effects as impacts might be sparsely or unreported. Some combos of things can kill ya.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Rex

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi