The Freedom to Hate

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #342252 by
The Freedom to Hate was created by
Due to sensitivities and this place being family friendly, I have enclosed the entire post in a spoiler tag.

Warning: Spoiler!
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #342259 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic The Freedom to Hate
Did it take you a long time to build the cage for yourself so you could bash against the rails?

You're free to have whatever prejudices you like, for the most part.

Sure - I don't know where you live, or what you do with your time.

Do you own a widget shop, and the local council told you to take down your "No widgets for jedi" sign? if not that, or something of a similar enough nature that the example serves, then who are you fighting?

For what it's worth, the main thing that springs to, uhh, to mind when I read your "mind freeing" posts, is that your internet connection isn't fast enough to play Fortnite, so you get your jollies against ninety-nine other anonymous internet users via forums instead.

Were you hoping I would think you a monster?
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by JamesSand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #342260 by
Replied by on topic The Freedom to Hate
I think the main reason why people don´t want to fully hate is fact,
that they don´t want to be seen as intolerant < which society set up as a wrong feauture of men.

Therefore they don´t want to be different, but herd of sheeps,
People simley feel safe to be same as others, they play it so safe, to be considered as good, when they are as everyone else.

or they don´t want take up consequences that come with this opinions, alternatively they are worried what others might thing of them.
These are the main reasons of that. It´s up to each individual and their decisions.

Interesting report really, when I read it, I remembered at one thing on youtube,
where Nicolas Shreck nicely describe the behavior of human beings

I agree with you in point that people gave up to hate because of society, but I think if person hate someone it´s totally alright.

However, I would say that you have a problem with expressing your emotions fully, otherwise you would not have need to be frustrated by it.
exactly as James Sand wrote

Did it take you a long time to build the cage for yourself so you could bash against the rails?

I wouldn´t say it better.

More
4 years 7 months ago #342263 by ZealotX
Replied by ZealotX on topic The Freedom to Hate
You seem a bit confused. You are free to hate whoever you want. You said "if actions arise from this hate and those actions break the law..." hate speech is protected by the first amendment unless it contains threats or incitement of violence or slander. "fighting words" are also not protected. SO if you were to use racially charged language to someone's face that would be considered "fighting words", not because of the hateful content or bigotry but rather to the provocation towards that individual.

However, websites have a right to govern themselves. Free speech protection does not extend to private homes or businesses. Contract law also limits free speech the same way an NDA does. When you agree to the terms of use on a website that is a contract. Violating that contract means the forum can ban you. Your freedom of speech doesn't give you the right to then publish that speech using someone else's platform, business, etc. That's essentially their speech. That's why your posts become their property. And if this doesn't sound fair then tell me where you live so I can write "I love black people" all over the exterior. You probably wouldn't like that if that doesn't represent your view. I have a right to my own view, but I do not have a right to immortalized my view on your private property.

And since there are plenty of private sites where hate speech is welcomed and promoted it seems a matter of entitlement or privilege that wants to infect others while provoking others with hate by putting hate speech on where people of all types gather. As easy as it is for you to have whatever views you want I should also easily be able to avoid them. If someone's on my private property with crosses and white robes I would call the police for harassment and menacing. It may depend on jurisdiction but online harassment based on disability, race, religion, sexual orientation, or gender identity can be reported to the police as a hate crime. Hating someone isn't an action. Harassing someone is. Posting hate is an action. Confronting someone is an action.

The idea of intolerance towards intolerance is nonsense imo. First of all, there is no mandate that everything must be tolerated. This idea that everything must be tolerated is not at all held by those who are intolerant. So then trying to judge others for not tolerating their actions or beliefs based on hate is disingenuous and is a red herring for an idea that is preposterous on its face. No one ever said that everything must be tolerated. We don't tolerate bad behavior from children. Why would we tolerate it in adults? Should we tolerate criminal behavior too? Of course not. So the notion is absurd. Bug again, these 'whataboutisms' are generally red herrings. For anyone to be upset by such a check on their behavior would like a child getting mad at their parent for being put in time out as punishment.

You can call it political correctness or the sensibilities of polite society, but at this point the majority of society isn't in support of using hate to disguise their fears, ignorance, insecurities, and ultimately weaknesses. And when it comes to these things that's generally all it is. Private businesses and institutions have a right to protect their collective voice and image from being misrepresented by such.

As far as these ideas making you a monster. Heck no. These ideas simply expose weaknesses. Only by acting on them to a larger extent could one be thought of as a monster. And there are a lot of monsters out there already. Becoming one doesn't make you special in the slightest. Of course a lot of people are provocative and want to be identified through negative ideas just because they are desperate to be seen; noticed. But to go to extremes for attention, again, reveals only weakness.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rugadd, Kobos

More
4 years 7 months ago #342264 by ZealotX
Replied by ZealotX on topic The Freedom to Hate

Erinis wrote: Therefore they don´t want to be different, but herd of sheeps,
People simley feel safe to be same as others, they play it so safe, to be considered as good, when they are as everyone else.

or they don´t want take up consequences that come with this opinions, alternatively they are worried what others might thing of them.

I respectfully disagree. Although I see where you're coming from you have to realize that many people rebel against any given norm. Many people are afraid to be normal. Many people don't feel like they fit in to what they perceive as normal and they often are influenced by fringe and nonconformist groups that they... ironically... conform to.

A lot of people, for example, who are in the KKK are in it for social reasons, not purely ideology. These ideas often do not form independently, but rather come from a type of indoctrination where other people are thinking for you, telling you that this or that group of people are bad because _______________________________. And then, because they see themselves as a goat, they become sheep in a church of goats. They often sacrifice, by transubstantiation, people in these hated groups, to justify themselves and their own insecurities.

And often these people lack empathy and may have more mild and untreated cases of psychopathy. It's much harder hate when you can imagine what it might be like to have been born into a muslim family, what it might be like to have been born black, or born with both sexual organs. Ego doesn't like this and doesn't want to fully entertain these thoughts. But conscience... typically likes to explore the bounds of morality and helps to balance the ego. When a person lacks empathy they tend to lack, by extension, conscience, and therefore have an imbalance in their view of the outside world. For them it is easier to consider the rest of the world broken instead of accepting the reality that, lacking empathy, it is they who are broken.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos,

More
4 years 7 months ago #342268 by Carlos.Martinez3

Phoenix Vidensia wrote: Due to sensitivities and this place being family friendly, I have enclosed the entire post in a spoiler tag.

Feel free to find a platform that supports this
Front page :
“We believe in Peace, Justice, Love, Learning and Benevolence ...”

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #342276 by

JamesSand wrote: Did it take you a long time to build the cage for yourself so you could bash against the rails?

You're free to have whatever prejudices you like, for the most part.

Sure - I don't know where you live, or what you do with your time.

Do you own a widget shop, and the local council told you to take down your "No widgets for jedi" sign? if not that, or something of a similar enough nature that the example serves, then who are you fighting?

For what it's worth, the main thing that springs to, uhh, to mind when I read your "mind freeing" posts, is that your internet connection isn't fast enough to play Fortnite, so you get your jollies against ninety-nine other anonymous internet users via forums instead.

Were you hoping I would think you a monster?

... and you lost the entire point of my thread. However, for sake of history, I've been called plenty of those things I mentioned, by more people than I care to think about. I've even taken ownership of some.

I wasn't hoping you'd think me a monster, I was simply expressing myself and bringing up an issue I'm passionate about. Neither was I rattling any cage bars, since I'm not in a cage. Furthermore, I'm not "getting my jollies" and I think Fortnight is a waste of my time.

More
4 years 7 months ago #342279 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic The Freedom to Hate
These threads are always hilarious in their performance content.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rugadd,

More
4 years 7 months ago #342288 by Carlos.Martinez3
Jedi teaching
11. Jedi are mindful of their thoughts. We recognise the beauty in others and we provide help to those who come seeking it. Through our benevolent actions we strengthen not only ourselves but also our communities. Jedi act without prejudice.

12. Jedi believe that love and compassion are central to their lives. We must love and care for each other as we must love and care for ourselves; by doing this we envelop all life in the positivity of our actions and thoughts. We are providers and beacons of hope.

13. Jedi cultivate empathy. We try to view things from another’s perspective making us sensitive listeners. We provide the confidence people need when talking through their difficulties and we share our learning with those who would benefit. We do this to help create a more harmonious society.

14. Jedi are guardians of peace. We believe in helping all those that are in need, in whatever form, to the best of our ability. We recognise that sometimes providing help requires courage in the face of adversity but understand that conflict is resolved through peace, understanding and harmony.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: rugadd

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #342292 by

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: Jedi teaching
11. Jedi are mindful of their thoughts. We recognise the beauty in others and we provide help to those who come seeking it. Through our benevolent actions we strengthen not only ourselves but also our communities. Jedi act without prejudice.

12. Jedi believe that love and compassion are central to their lives. We must love and care for each other as we must love and care for ourselves; by doing this we envelop all life in the positivity of our actions and thoughts. We are providers and beacons of hope.

13. Jedi cultivate empathy. We try to view things from another’s perspective making us sensitive listeners. We provide the confidence people need when talking through their difficulties and we share our learning with those who would benefit. We do this to help create a more harmonious society.

14. Jedi are guardians of peace. We believe in helping all those that are in need, in whatever form, to the best of our ability. We recognise that sometimes providing help requires courage in the face of adversity but understand that conflict is resolved through peace, understanding and harmony.

Please...
What does your Jedi teaching have to do with this thread? I also wonder if you actually practice it but that's not my business, just my idle curiousity.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi