The Freedom to Hate

More
4 years 8 months ago #342360 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic The Freedom to Hate

Phoenix Vidensia wrote:

Manu wrote: We all do hate.

Personally, I find it more useful to explore "why", than blatantly celebrate that I do hate x thing, like some moronic child.

Why is celebrating that a person hates... being "like some moronic child"?

I'm working from the assumption (based on my experience) that people in general talking about what they hate publicly and adamantly proclaiming it rather than wording in a way that encourages exploration/conversation, has usually not given deeper thought to the issue, nor to the consequences of tactlessly manifesting their hatred. It is thus a immature and/or stupid action.

There is of course some form of "hate" hidden in whatever we might defend as worthwhile (the hatred directed towards the things that might threaten what we love), but if it is voiced in a manner that encourages dialogue, then it can actually be productive to explore it.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 8 months ago #342361 by
Replied by on topic The Freedom to Hate

Manu wrote:

Phoenix Vidensia wrote:

Manu wrote: We all do hate.

Personally, I find it more useful to explore "why", than blatantly celebrate that I do hate x thing, like some moronic child.

Why is celebrating that a person hates... being "like some moronic child"?

I'm working from the assumption (based on my experience) that people in general talking about what they hate publicly and adamantly proclaiming it rather than wording in a way that encourages exploration/conversation, has usually not given deeper thought to the issue, nor to the consequences of tactlessly manifesting their hatred. It is thus a immature and/or stupid action.

There is of course some form of "hate" hidden in whatever we might defend as worthwhile (the hatred directed towards the things that might threaten what we love), but if it is voiced in a manner that encourages dialogue, then it can actually be productive to explore it.

Wording it in a way you find comfortable, you mean?

More
4 years 8 months ago #342363 by Manu

Phoenix Vidensia wrote: Wording it in a way you find comfortable, you mean?

Yes. It would be highly intelligent to phrase something in a manner that you know will be well received by your target audience.

- William Arthur Ward

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 8 months ago #342364 by

Manu wrote:

Yes. It would be highly intelligent to phrase something in a manner that you know will be well received by your target audience.

If that's your goal, sure. What if it isn't? What if you simply want to express yourself, without all the self censorship? What if you just want to be real? Really express your feelings? Really express and experience yourself through that expression? Is that immature to you? Moronic?

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #342365 by Carlos.Martinez3

VixensVengeance wrote:

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote:

VixensVengeance wrote: I didnt say hate a person whose name you do not know. I said hate the concept of rape for example. So what you are saying is that you choose to just accept rape as a... what? a fact of life? And that is what has made you better?

Rape is a crime. Commit a crime pay the price.

You still did not answer the question...:angry:

Can u ask in a different way or restate your question ... pls?

I consider rape a crime.
Most people do - if your asking me if I hate something - no - not in the way your asking.
When I read and apply the teachings - Jedi is weary of attachments : Jedi teaching 4. I apply hate here - I’m weary where I put my hate. I’ve seen what it’s done uncultivated.
Edit: I’m not the type to tell you or any one either they shouldn’t do anything - feel free to hate. It’s cool with me. Lol not my cup of tea... but by the teaching we hold as doctrine and encourage others with here... it’s not my focus. I don’t attach hate to crimes or movements or even things normally you think ya would but no... that’s just me. I’ve been a Nurse for the army during s few wars... and a field medic at times... lots of things - are not worth the effort any more for me, like hate. That’s just me. My focus is way different now - rarely on what I’m supposed to hate or who but rather where I can ... not hate.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

More
4 years 8 months ago #342366 by Manu

Phoenix Vidensia wrote:

Manu wrote:

If that's your goal, sure. What if it isn't? What if you simply want to express yourself, without all the self censorship? What if you just want to be real? Really express your feelings? Really express and experience yourself through that expression? Is that immature to you? Moronic?

Well, if you are going to do that, then get banned, then whine about getting banned... then yeah. I would think of that as moronic.

- William Arthur Ward

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 8 months ago #342367 by

Manu wrote:

Phoenix Vidensia wrote:

Manu wrote:

Well, if you are going to do that, then get banned, then whine about getting banned... then yeah. I would think of that as moronic.

Using a specific example, since you made this personal...
Do you actually believe anything I wrote to that Arinme person was ban worthy, just curious...

More
4 years 8 months ago - 4 years 8 months ago #342370 by Manu

Phoenix Vidensia wrote: Using a specific example, since you made this personal...
Do you actually believe anything I wrote to that Arinme person was ban worthy, just curious...

It didn't bother me. But I don't make the rules here.

By the Terms of Services, your behavior was ban worthy.

EDIT: I disagree with the manner in which it was done. You should have been given a warning or notification of some kind previous to being banned.

- William Arthur Ward
Last edit: 4 years 8 months ago by Manu.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 8 months ago #342371 by

Manu wrote:

Phoenix Vidensia wrote: Using a specific example, since you made this personal...

It didn't bother me. But I don't make the rules here.

By the Terms of Services, your behavior was ban worthy.

EDIT: I disagree with the manner in which it was done. You should have been given a warning or notification of some kind previous to being banned.

If you made the rules, would you have a different ToS?

More
4 years 8 months ago #342372 by Manu

Phoenix Vidensia wrote: If you made the rules, would you have a different ToS?

I'm not sure. I haven't put too much thought into it.

As they stand currently, I don't find the unreasonable or too strict, and speaking in terms of percentaje, it serves more people than it alienates, so I don't see any reason to change it.

- William Arthur Ward

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi