The Freedom to Hate

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #342341 by
Replied by on topic The Freedom to Hate

rugadd wrote: There are plenty of places to express hate. Noone is required to entertain it, though. "You must sit there and listen to me hate in your own house." Sounds like an unfair rule. This whole thing seems like a nonissue to me.

This isn't a house, it's an internet forum, claimed to be public. Can you use understand the difference?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #342343 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic The Freedom to Hate
Sure. I get it. That doesn't change the fact that it has regulars who consider it their church and they are not obligated to listen to someone else's hate. Even if the moderators did nothing, other users could hate right back or completely ignore someone. Someone who constantly raises a stink about things will get a reputation for that. In a way, their own actions will moderate people away from them. I don't see what is unfair about it at all. Someone got banned? So what? They should post in a place that appreciates them and their perspective.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Kobos

More
4 years 7 months ago #342344 by Carlos.Martinez3

VixensVengeance wrote:

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: We hate. Humans hate. We all hate. But... we teach something ... different . What do these teaching have to do with hate -???

You may not express hate at an individual but do you hate injustice? Do you hate drunk driving that kills an innocent family? Do you hate rape? Do you hate war or violence? Do you hate it when you fail? Hate is a powerful tool for change. The alternative is indifference.

That word - in my house doesn’t exist. Hate. Do I? Personally -yes. I am the most emotional person I know lol. Does it drive me or even set me as much as it once did. Not any more. Accept vs. tolerate is a hard plane to live at, that’s my area of life. I accept how other people act. Things don’t upset me as much any more. Might just be in old age might just be how I interact with people. One things for sure... it’s hard to hate when your on the receiving end of a gift or some good and well needed time and effort... it can be done but it’s hard to. Any part of character can be a wonderful tool. The hardest part is finding that type worth keeping. For me any ways! Re directed hate in my life has allowed me to learn how to read and even not die a few times. Love can truly turn to hate when not given back - then truly we can turn - hate to love and drive. My choice. But I’m better for it now. And that’s where my focus lays some days rather than ... hating in directions of groups of people I don’t even know their name. That’s always bothered me - hate some one you don’t even know their name. Anyhow thanks for the questions.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #342348 by
I didnt say hate a person whose name you do not know. I said hate the concept of rape for example. So what you are saying is that you choose to just accept rape as a... what? a fact of life? And that is what has made you better?
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by .

More
4 years 7 months ago #342350 by Carlos.Martinez3

VixensVengeance wrote: I didnt say hate a person whose name you do not know. I said hate the concept of rape for example. So what you are saying is that you choose to just accept rape as a... what? a fact of life? And that is what has made you better?

Rape is a crime. Commit a crime pay the price.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #342352 by

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote:

VixensVengeance wrote: I didnt say hate a person whose name you do not know. I said hate the concept of rape for example. So what you are saying is that you choose to just accept rape as a... what? a fact of life? And that is what has made you better?

You still did not answer the question...:angry:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #342353 by

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote:

That price varies, depending where you live. However, you didn't answer the question asked of you. Try again.

More
4 years 7 months ago #342354 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic The Freedom to Hate
We all do hate.

Personally, I find it more useful to explore "why", than blatantly celebrate that I do hate x thing, like some moronic child.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #342356 by

Manu wrote: We all do hate.

Personally, I find it more useful to explore "why", than blatantly celebrate that I do hate x thing, like some moronic child.

Thank you for being honest.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #342357 by

Manu wrote: We all do hate.

Why is celebrating that a person hates... being "like some moronic child"?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi