YOU FOOLISH PSEUDO JEDI

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #342213 by
Replied by on topic YOU FOOLISH PSEUDO JEDI

JamesSand wrote:

That sounds a lot like a kind of free speech, then, that only applies if the content is deemed "morally acceptable" in some archaic context and consequence free sense. Who gets to make that call, though? Why does anyone get to make it? What is the pragmatic benefit of such a condition?

if you are responding to me - I do not in any way make comment on the moral acceptableness of any topic - merely the manner in which it is discussed.

I'm more than happy to discuss the benefits of making soup from babies, or why, on occasion, genocide might be the best option - as long as it is done civilly and sensibly.

You will... and then the leadership will make it known this isn’t an okay topic to discuss in a “family friendly” environment. Remember this. Your freedom of speech here is restricted to G rating. Great, isn’t it? *Eye roll*
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #342215 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic YOU FOOLISH PSEUDO JEDI
I suppose there is reddit and such if 100% zero moderation is desirable...I've yet to find a board like that I find tolerable myself. I suppose the question is, is this an environment I want to be in and influenced by? Maybe that is the real conflict... does being here align with my expectations of being a Jedi? Will it help me grow to become more like the Jedi I wish to be?

rugadd
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by rugadd.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Breeze el Tierno

More
4 years 7 months ago #342216 by Carlos.Martinez3
As members and guest continue to merge here it is my hope we see that we speak differently here - as well as interact and share - we don’t do things every one else does or speak to every one the way other platforms do. Not dissing any other platform at all. Walk into a Temple - expect a Temple. As free as the door swing to welcome - is as free as it can be to leave as well on the individuals own accord.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
4 years 7 months ago #342217 by rugadd
Certainly. But that assumes everyone walking in knows what a Temple should be. Does it not stand to reason many of those who come to visit for the first time have no idea what behavior is common place, let alone acceptable?

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #342219 by Carlos.Martinez3
Maybe a intro video is needed ......

Edit : FAQ on video ?

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rugadd, Kobos

More
4 years 7 months ago #342225 by rugadd
You make me smile, Carlos.

rugadd

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 7 months ago #342227 by
Replied by on topic YOU FOOLISH PSEUDO JEDI

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: As members and guest continue to merge here it is my hope we see that we speak differently here - as well as interact and share - we don’t do things every one else does or speak to every one the way other platforms do. Not dissing any other platform at all. Walk into a Temple - expect a Temple. As free as the door swing to welcome - is as free as it can be to leave as well on the individuals own accord.

You read it here folks! This is a temple. Politics doesn’t belong, neither does free speech. If you’d not say it in the middle of a Christian service, don’t say it here. Ugh!!! Come on! It’s NOT a temple, it’s an Internet forum! Don’t kid yourselves.

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #342229 by rugadd
You get to define that? Or is that what you see? Obviously, the format is "internet forum". Let's look at the actual difference ...who says what is acceptable. Who can enforce it. We should definitely make sure one is not fooled when then they come here...that would be anti-thesis to the site itself... but maybe there is a place where people agree with being respectful and uncombatative(if that is a word) in their statements. Why stay if that is not what your pursuing?

rugadd
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by rugadd.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
4 years 7 months ago #342231 by rugadd
Second to that... No Temple is anything beyond a building somewhere(at its base description)...it is the People who hold it sacred, and treat it as such. No one wants what is important to them being crapped on. So really, when someone shows up and says "this isn't anything special" all they really are saying is that it isn't special to them...in that case, why stay?

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: J. K. Barger, Amaya, Kobos

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #342235 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic YOU FOOLISH PSEUDO JEDI

You will... and then the leadership will make it known this isn’t an okay topic to discuss in a “family friendly” environment. Remember this. Your freedom of speech here is restricted to G rating. Great, isn’t it? *Eye roll*

You read it here folks! This is a temple. Politics doesn’t belong, neither does free speech. If you’d not say it in the middle of a Christian service, don’t say it here. Ugh!!! Come on! It’s NOT a temple, it’s an Internet forum! Don’t kid yourselves.

you're losing ground here...

This place it what it is, and whatever rough edges people find they try to adjust - either themselves, or the establishment, in subtle ways.

Coming in and kicking over the desks and spilling everyone's sandwiches and saying the whole premise of the activity is a sham isn't likely to have everyone suddenly become "woke" and grab their torches and pitchforks to march on city hall.....

but someone as smart as you already knows that, which leaves another reason as to your posts....
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by JamesSand.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi