YOU FOOLISH PSEUDO JEDI

More
4 years 8 months ago #342003 by ZealotX
Replied by ZealotX on topic YOU FOOLISH PSEUDO JEDI

rugadd wrote: I don't know... I don't understand wanting to stay if the "mob" is against me, anyway. Is it because on the internet there are no physical ramifications and that makes turning ones nose up at the haters easier than walking away? Is some attention, any attention, preferable to none? What would it do to my mind, to my soul, to constantly entertain an environment where I am seen as the bad guy? The few, rare moments someone admits they appreciated something I wrote?

I personally see nothing wrong with tailoring my behavior for the comfort of those around me. Does that make me fake or polite?

...but there shouldn't be a "mob".

Like the Salem witch trials, the mob isn't always righteous. And when the driving force is fear...

it is the path to the dark side.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gisteron, Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #342004 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic YOU FOOLISH PSEUDO JEDI

rugadd wrote: I don't know... I don't understand wanting to stay if the "mob" is against me, anyway. Is it because on the internet there are no physical ramifications and that makes turning ones nose up at the haters easier than walking away? Is some attention, any attention, preferable to none? What would it do to my mind, to my soul, to constantly entertain an environment where I am seen as the bad guy? The few, rare moments someone admits they appreciated something I wrote?

That is a question you could ask her and learn about... But oh well, some people weren't quite fond enough of her, so now you don't get to. Unless, that is, she elects to create another account to circumvent the ban, which will of course itself be a bannable offense all over again.

I personally see nothing wrong with tailoring my behavior for the comfort of those around me. Does that make me fake or polite?

I would say so, yes. To some extent, anyway. As you say, nothing wrong with that. Something wrong with not doing that, though? Well, it would seem so, wouldn't it...

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
4 years 8 months ago #342010 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic YOU FOOLISH PSEUDO JEDI
I would say the “Digital Murder” topic was enough to warrant disciplinary action.

The root of the problem is a lack of clear communication. Had a moderator or administrator given her proper warning and explicitly state which rules she broke and why she was going to banned and for how long, then we wouldn’t have this thread.

Not that any lack of clarity on TotJO’s part excuses her inflammatory behavior.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Rex

More
4 years 8 months ago #342017 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic YOU FOOLISH PSEUDO JEDI
I agree Manny, I wanted to try and shift that into a non-serious thread, because yea that was kind of a fudged up thing to say in the first place, but one can see that it did not go that way.

I do believe a warning should be issued of an imminent ban is being processed.

Much love,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, Brick

More
4 years 8 months ago #342018 by Manu

Kobos wrote: I agree Manny

No one's called me Manny in a long time, haha. Feels odd. :silly:

- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Brick, Rex

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 8 months ago #342020 by
Replied by on topic YOU FOOLISH PSEUDO JEDI

Manu wrote: I would say the “Digital Murder” topic was enough to warrant disciplinary action.

Ugg... I had promised myself I would stay out of this thread, however you have peaked my curiosity with this comment. Are there certain things that are not allowed to be discussed here then?

More
4 years 8 months ago #342021 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic YOU FOOLISH PSEUDO JEDI

Manu wrote:

Kobos wrote: I agree Manny

No one's called me Manny in a long time, haha. Feels odd. :silly:

Manny

(there, now 2 people have done it in quick succession ;))

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, Kobos

More
4 years 8 months ago #342023 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic YOU FOOLISH PSEUDO JEDI
Allow me to clarify...when I said "mob" I meant prevailing perspective...and those will exist whether they should or not.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
4 years 8 months ago #342024 by Manu

VixensVengeance wrote: Ugg... I had promised myself I would stay out of this thread, however you have peaked my curiosity with this comment. Are there certain things that are not allowed to be discussed here then?

I would say that in general, most service providers are bound to prevent sharing of content that is inciting criminal activity.

So if I were to say “help me out, I can’t kill someone, so I want your input on the next best thing on how to do it digitally”, I think that it’s crossing the line, since the conversation was not about the phenomena of digital bullying, scamming, hacking, but more of a “how to” thread.

- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Rex

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
4 years 8 months ago #342026 by
Replied by on topic YOU FOOLISH PSEUDO JEDI

Manu wrote:

VixensVengeance wrote: Ugg... I had promised myself I would stay out of this thread, however you have peaked my curiosity with this comment. Are there certain things that are not allowed to be discussed here then?

I would say that in general, most service providers are bound to prevent sharing of content that is inciting criminal activity.

So if I were to say “help me out, I can’t kill someone, so I want your input on the next best thing on how to do it digitally”, I think that it’s crossing the line, since the conversation was not about the phenomena of digital bullying, scamming, hacking, but more of a “how to” thread.

Do you think "digital murder" should be a crime? If so how would you define those parameters? What would be the specific requirements to be accused or convicted of such an offense?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi