Psychometry

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
5 years 3 months ago #332156 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Psychometry

I feel an understanding of this type of energy reading could bring one to a more complete understanding of the Force (an energy field generated by all living things) and the interconnection between all living things, albeit unseen or previously undetected.

How would it bring one to a more complete understanding of the living force than the other activities mentioned by Ros, for example CPR, a sought-after life-giving exercise?

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #332157 by
Replied by on topic Psychometry

ren wrote:

I feel an understanding of this type of energy reading could bring one to a more complete understanding of the Force (an energy field generated by all living things) and the interconnection between all living things, albeit unseen or previously undetected.

How would it bring one to a more complete understanding of the living force than the other activities mentioned by Ros, for example CPR, a sought-after life-giving exercise?

Because its spiritual, rather than medical. But, of course, this is my own speculation from experiences I've had down my own Path.

Technically any activity can help bring one to a better understanding of the Force, if the Force is in all things. This could just help bring in another avenue of information.
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by .

More
5 years 3 months ago #332158 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Psychometry
Not everything in life needs to be “useful”.

Sometimes we want the fancy, far out, not-easily-replicable experience, for the fun of it.

Personally, I wouldn’t dig too deep into it. Time is limited, and I have no reason to believe I could ever actually succeed at this particular skill, if it is at all possible. But hey, if you have had the experience, or have been able to somehow develop it, or are dead-set on pursuing it, I can only warn you about time-wasting.

But the choice is up to you.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #332160 by

Arisaig wrote: Would it be practical? Perhaps not. But does it need to be?

Let’s suppose such an ability existed for a moment. How would this amazing capability not be practical? The benefit to us as humans would actually be immeasurable!! Think of the benefit to science alone! Disciplines like archeology, astronomy and geology would be advanced incredibly by this ability. What about forensics or law enforcement, the ability to convict a criminal would dramatically change with this sort of actual provable evidence. Personally in relationships we could detect when others try to deceive us. I could go on and on with this.

Arisaig wrote: Because its spiritual, rather than medical.

If this ability were real and given my comments above how do you believe it is relegated to the realm of spirit only? It seems to me even you do not believe what you are saying in these comments. You get to assert the value in studying something that has never been shown or proven to exist and you get an automatic out in this assertion by saying its “spiritual”. This is nothing but cognitive dissonance. When you are confronted with facts that contradict your beliefs, you resolve the contradiction by making up justifications such as this to protect that belief. But they really make no sense when looked at objectively.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
5 years 3 months ago #332162 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Psychometry

Arisaig wrote:

ren wrote:

Because its spiritual, rather than medical. But, of course, this is my own speculation from experiences I've had down my own Path.

Technically any activity can help bring one to a better understanding of the Force, if the Force is in all things. This could just help bring in another avenue of information.

Cpr involves breathing out into someone else and massaging their heart until breath and pulse can be felt. I think the only thing that can come close to what it feels like to perform it is pregnancy, but i havent done both so maybe someone who has can comment.

You can look at cpr, pregnancy and other things from a medical point of view, but i assure you, being so utterly responsible for life (or death) is a lot more than the simple application of medical principles.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
5 years 3 months ago #332178 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Psychometry

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Let’s suppose such an ability existed for a moment. How would this amazing capability not be practical? The benefit to us as humans would actually be immeasurable!! Think of the benefit to science alone! Disciplines like archeology, astronomy and geology would be advanced incredibly by this ability. What about forensics or law enforcement, the ability to convict a criminal would dramatically change with this sort of actual provable evidence. Personally in relationships we could detect when others try to deceive us. I could go on and on with this.

If this ability were real and given my comments above how do you believe it is relegated to the realm of spirit only? It seems to me even you do not believe what you are saying in these comments. You get to assert the value in studying something that has never been shown or proven to exist and you get an automatic out in this assertion by saying its “spiritual”. This is nothing but cognitive dissonance. When you are confronted with facts that contradict your beliefs, you resolve the contradiction by making up justifications such as this to protect that belief. But they really make no sense when looked at objectively.

I agree that declaring it “spiritual” rather than ... mundane(?) is rather arbitrary.

The lack of the phenomena being practical doesn’t lie in the application of it, but in the inability to consistently summon it at will. All accounts I’ve had reported from people I trust enough to give them the benefit of doubt describe it as something that “happens” to them, not as something they control.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #332179 by
I have a thought on each of two parts I see in this thread ...

Regarding the debates about who has the right to say what to whom - it brings me back to a rule of netiquette I always find useful: to the greatest extent possible, whenever interacting with strangers on the internet, avoid using the word "you". It keeps things much more peaceful.

But more relevant to the topic of psychometry - years ago, I was in two or three classes in which participants held an object provided to them, and tried to make some estimation of traits its owner possessed. My experience in trying it just those few times was disappointing; I felt that I was just making up things to say, and could find no confirmation for anything I deduced.

But since that was just an inexperienced me making just a few trials, there are multiple possibilities related to the reality of the situation. Perhaps, with more experience - say, several hundred trials - any person like myself could hone a latent ability to "read" an object, and make some use of psychometry. Or, perhaps, success at psychometry relies not only on practice, but also on some mix of biochemical markers that only some people possess. Or, possibly there is no such gift as psychometry among humans, and the whole phenomenon is just a product of our imagination.

If psychometry is a real possibility, the problem with proving it is that in the experience of most of us, as well as the people in our environment we observe, its successful practice doesn't appear. So, we conclude, it's not worth spending the hours and hours of practice it might take to determine whether we have that gift or not. Instead, we turn to something where a promise of success is more likely - losing some weight, building a house, starting a business, or enjoying a binge watch of Star Wars movies. :-)

As far as I can tell, though, it's not a practice that provides sufficiently consistent success by any practitioner to make it worth exploring.

I'm off to review Kyrin's links on Emoto's water research. I'm only familiar with the positive assertions about it, and would like to see what people who've looked at it more deeply have to say.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #332181 by

Manu wrote: describe it as something that “happens” to them, not as something they control.

Nevertheless, even if it is something that just "happens to them" there must be a mechanism that causes this and that mechanism can be discovered and tested. Once we understand that mechanism we can harness it to our benefit. People being struck by lightning is something that "just happens to them". At one time we did not know why but now we know about static charges and polarities and the electrical nature of storms. We harnessed that otherwise wild energy and use it to great effect today. If there is even a shred of truth to this psychic ability there is no reason to believe we could not do the same thing, and yet in all this time not a shred of reliable evidence or reproducible phenomena or predictable capability has emerged of its study. The hypothesis has been proven nonviable over and over. Time to move on to a new hypothesis and stop wasting time here.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #332188 by

Rosalyn J wrote: What practical use would it be for a Jedi?

Why the need for "practical" uses? What practical use does art, music, poetry, or the universe have? Why does a flea? Where does love?

There are some things we simply do because they're in us to do :)

Please don't take it personally Rosalyn (I would never attack you, you've always been so goodhearted, imo) but I think the issue here is too much thinking and not enough chasing butterflies. And I never say that lol.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #332189 by

Arisaig wrote:

ren wrote:

I think this is the greatest value. Anything that can help you reach a deeper understanding of life and your place in it, is, in my mind, a worthwhile pursuit. Greater happiness through trainspotting. The innocent mindfulness of a coloring book. Studying mathematics. *giggles about that last one*

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi