Psychometry

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #332117 by
Replied by on topic Psychometry

J. K. Barger wrote: :side: B)

ECHO! O! O! O!!!!

I solicited information from folks with experience because I am curious about the practice- not because I believe in pseudoscience, but because I am interested in the internal mechanics of an esoteric process. It seems that in your infallible and infinite wisdom, you could not ascertain such a position over 12 pages of "debate".

I'm sure if I was a grande disciple of the mystic ways of the Kamikeedi, or Involved Guest, I might not have even had to ask my community of ignorant, pseudoscience-loving, poseur Jedi for something such as this.

From here on out, EVERYONE needs to remember to PM Kyrin when they have any kind of question, get picked on, fail a Trial or Trials, or just suffering from plain self-doubt.

Last edit: 08 Jan 2019 09:16 by J. K. Barger. Reason: Morons with horrible lives and shitty attitudes use Jedi Forums for Confirmation or Doubt Bias.

LOL nice, passive aggression, the Jedi way it seems. The same reason this board has a grip thread, complete inability to actually face hard truth or confront challenging or painful situations directly.

You solicited information, I provided information. I shall continue to do so by asking you a question. How do you define “internal mechanics” of an “esoteric process?” Of course I could not ascertain such a position because such a position, by definition, cannot exist. That is not to say that I have ever stated your pseudo-scientific mumbo jumbo can’t exist, only that it’s never been shown to exist. There is a difference my friend.

“Grande disciple” is not in our cannon either. I suggest you do further research if you are to make claims of this sort or you run the risk of further embarrassing yourself by making other claims that are demonstrably flawed. I have called you no names here and I has especially never insulted you as you have done to me by calling me a moron. It becomes obvious from your childish antics that the Kamikeedi is much more highly evolved than the Jedi. No surprise their either. Your inability to compete intellectually devolves quickly into insults and troll games.

Beyond that, yes feel free to PM me anytime you have any sort of question. I’m currently having a delightful conversation with Forceuser on the nature of God.
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by .

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #332120 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Psychometry

J. K. Barger wrote: Perhaps a running list of all the "de-bunked" topics is in order? The, "Topics not worthy of Gisteron's time" thread perhaps? Or the "Pretentious Wyldstar Topics" thread? Perhaps there you can provide links to your de-bunkings, and anyone with half-an-interest can make sure the peruse your Grande Almighty Listing before they think of, well, thinking.

I have an alternative suggestion. How about you compile a list of names of people you want explicitly to not respond to "your" topics. Now some might think that to be bad taste, but it would give you more of an excuse to complain about them later as if you or the topic or anyone participating in the discussion had been in any way treated unfairly. Had I known that I am not a "fellow self-scientist" (what ever that means), or for some other unstated reason just plain unwelcome here, maybe I'd have left the thread alone like I do pretty much all the other ones sufficiently marked as protected spaces.

I could also take a note here about the more aggressive than passive tone that I for one had no part in inviting, but I take no offense nor distress from. Frankly, being myself not above the occasional sharply sarcastic or condescending undertone, I ought fancy myself much more of a hypocrite if I dare complain about such things, so taking the note is all I shall do. The difference is of course that I bear no knighthood, or office, or even membership that would have me be beholden to any standards past the minimum conduct and etiquette requirements. So maybe it is my lack of training that keeps me so oblivious as to how a call to "EVERYONE" or indeed anyone - even a facetious one, as it hopefully was - to harass any individual user as a punishment for one's own failure to separate emotion from intellect is a mature or dignified way of dealing with that situation.
Noone, good sir, did you or "your" thread any wrong here. You have every right of course to feel upset about its derailment by those who elected to turn to unrelated topics or to turn things personal instead of keeping with the topic, and I sincerely wish that to lash out like this against those that didn't start either will help you cope with your distress.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #332122 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic Psychometry
What's this thread about again?

I thought it was about being able to sense the history of objects.

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Rosalyn J.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, Carlos.Martinez3

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #332124 by

Rosalyn J wrote: What's this thread about again?

I thought it was about being able to sense the history of objects.

I would venture to guess that due to the unruly reply from the OP it is not about sensing history but about personal ego aggrandizement.

I would like a formal complaint to be lodged over the violation of rules here in this thread by a Knight of the order.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
5 years 3 months ago #332125 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Psychometry

complete inability to actually face hard truth or confront challenging or painful situations directly.

You know very well that those who do end up nailed to crosses by the pop-up angry self-righteous totjo mob and its servants... And I don't know if he's elsewhere but Jesus certainly isn't here.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #332127 by

ren wrote:

complete inability to actually face hard truth or confront challenging or painful situations directly.

You know very well that those who do end up nailed to crosses by the pop-up angry self-righteous totjo mob and its servants... And I don't know if he's elsewhere but Jesus certainly isn't here.

Agreed, Its kinda sad.

More
5 years 3 months ago #332133 by Rosalyn J
I've read a good bit of this thread. It went a bit off kilter from the start. After all, this wasn't a thread to debate science vs faith. Nevertheless, it was a good discussion.

I think things got a bit emotional, a bit frustrating towards the end. Whether it was meant to or not, this transformed into a debate. Don't get me wrong, I've been on the business end of those and they are tough to engage in *primarily* because we hold our values and convictions as part of our identity.

Christian
Jedi
Democrat...or something
Woman
African American

We hold on to whatever these mean and we base our lives, our streems and our friend groups around them. Or maybe thats just me.
The problem is that we cannot live our lives, if we want to live well, by hoping we will find only others that cosign our beliefs.

I personally have no knowledge of Psychometry which is why my participation here has been sparce. However, this thread brought me to a course on Science, Religion and Philosophy which I am currently taking here:

https://www.coursera.org/learn/philosophy-science-religion-1

Anyway, a lot of you are fond of the "yet" code and that allows us a bit of wiggle room. But when it comes to engaging here, well...just have a look. I think we can do better. I think the doing better on our part is not contingent on any "them". I ecourage you therefore, to use the "no" code:
No emotion,ignorance, passion, chaos, or death and instead let there be peace, knowledge serenety, harmony and the Force.

I would like to say that I don't think Kyrin or Gisteron deserved what just happened. I think we can do better

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Gisteron, Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos,

More
5 years 3 months ago #332150 by Rosalyn J
I'd like to pose a question:

Why psychometry as opposed to, say CPR, self defense, another language, cultivating a garden, or some other study?

I realize that you may be doing any and/or all of these things.

But why this tool? What practical use would it be for a Jedi?

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #332154 by

Rosalyn J wrote: Why psychometry as opposed to, say CPR, self defense, another language, cultivating a garden, or some other study?

I realize that you may be doing any and/or all of these things.

But why this tool? What practical use would it be for a Jedi?

I feel an understanding of this type of energy reading could bring one to a more complete understanding of the Force (an energy field generated by all living things) and the interconnection between all living things, albeit unseen or previously undetected.

So, why this? Simply because one can, if they so choose.

Would it be practical? Perhaps not. But does it need to be? Beyond the potential for a deeper understanding of the Force, this ability doesn't really help one survive or thrive, or really better oneself in any profound way. But it is their decision to pursue it, and if they should so choose, as Jedi, they should be allowed to.

I would, at the least, hope they would share their findings with the rest of us, perhaps in a book, so that we can grow in knowledge, even hypothetical knowledge, so that we can all, as a whole, better understand the mystery of the Force.

More
5 years 3 months ago #332155 by Rosalyn J
Far be it from me to tell anyone how to develop their spiritual practice. I'd be interested to hear J.K.'s answer. Unless somehow in my rather speedy reading I skipped over it. If I did, I do apologize. I would ask, as the thread is very long, that if I skipped it somehow, it could be brought forward.

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi