Psychometry

More
5 years 5 months ago #328227 by J. K. Barger
Psychometry was created by J. K. Barger
(This thread may be in the wrong place; it may be moved to the correct plce if neede.)

Does anyone have any Psychometric experience? It seems to be included in many of the basic powers of a Jedi's toolbelt, and have been curious about adding it to my practice.

I came across Buchanan's "Manual" (https://archive.org/details/manualofpsychome00buchrich/page/n5 )and it has not been as helpful as I thought, so I am reaching out here.

MTFBWY,
-Jacob

The Force is with you, always.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #328230 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic Psychometry
Token object reading !
I’m familiar with the practice but unskilled myself. I don’t post here just to post , I would like to see what the community says and if any one practices. I find subjects like this interesting and with any “ability” it can be exploited as easy as any other idea. Hopefully we can share something rather than just nothing ! Smiley face !

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
5 years 5 months ago #328247 by Gisteron
Replied by Gisteron on topic Psychometry
Yet again, despite having just nothing to say on the matter, I shall post here in an effort to acknowledge the existence of the inquiry, and wish you the best of luck on your quest. Hopefully someone who actually has something of worth to contribute, will.

Better to leave questions unanswered than answers unquestioned

More
5 years 5 months ago #328248 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Psychometry
Ms Adder believes so, mostly from jewelry. Not I, not yet.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #328249 by
Replied by on topic Psychometry
So, just to confirm, psychometry is 'feeling' energy in objects? (to simplify it, at least?)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #328254 by

J. K. Barger wrote: I came across Buchanan's "Manual" (https://archive.org/details/manualofpsychome00buchrich/page/n5 )and it has not been as helpful as I thought, so I am reaching out here.

Maybe the reason you are having so much trouble is because this idea has absolutely no viability in reality. Psychometry or "soul measuring" is a woowoo practice where the practitioner claims to have the ability to reveal facts about an objects history by touching that object.

The practitioner contends that an object has an energy field that transfers knowledge regarding that object's history or the history of the objects previous or current owners. In reality this is done simply through cold reading, subjective validation and confirmation bias. There is nothing paranormal or magical about it. It has been widely criticized as pseudo-science because absolutely no scientific evidence of its existence has even been shown. To try and "add something to a tool belt" that does not exist makes little sense.

By your statements it appears you are making an assumption that something exists when there is no real evidence for it. This is a logical fallacy. I would suggest that if you have a true interest in this and believe it viable, the first thing you need to do is first prove its existence and show by what mechanisms it functions. Trying to master something that does not exist is an exercise in futility. Proving it exists may not be.
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by .

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
5 years 5 months ago #328258 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Psychometry
I had never heard of the jedi power toolbelt before so can neither confirm nor deny the presence of psychometry within it.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #328260 by Carlos.Martinez3
Ima say I have heard of homes ,places ,and things exude certain feelings or “vibes” in my practice. I’m not sure if it’s the same and falls under the same catagory but in my thrift shopping I have come across books that were - different as far as every vibe.
An old farmer told me one time - you can’t yell and hate at something and not expect it to remember something ...

Along the same lines —- I think - Masaru Emoto has a book called The hidden message in water ... same idea I think - worth a look JK . He “charges” water and sees a definite and proven difference on a molecular level. So if ya bring a song to a item and have that constant - there’s no telling what you can charge with good and harmful- maybe not just water . Smiley face
https://www.bing.com/search?q=the+hidden+message+of+water&qs=AS&pq=the+hidden+message+of+water&sc=2-27&cvid=FEA2F14DCDB14F2DA747A61CCD67CECE&FORM=QBLH&sp=1

Maybe this is where science and faith EDIT : could (added after post) meet for this particular idea ... one small juncture anyway

Build, not tear down.
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 5 months ago #328262 by

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: An old farmer told me one time - you can’t yell and hate at something and not expect it to remember something ...

That "Something" needs a mind in order to remember. This is nothing more than a fallacious saying based in superstition.

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: Along the same lines —- I think - Masaru Emoto has a book called The hidden message in water ... same idea I think - worth a look see JK . He “charges” water and sees a definite and proven difference on a molecular level. So if ya bring a song to a item and have that constant - there’s no telling what you can charge with good and harmful- maybe not just water

Articles debunking this pseudo-scientific quacks ideas are prolific.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masaru_Emoto
https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4433
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Masaru_Emoto

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: Maybe this is where science and faith EDIT : could (added after post) meet for this particular idea ... one small juncture anyway

Science does not deal in faith, so no, there will never be a juncture point between the two.

More
5 years 5 months ago #328263 by Carlos.Martinez3
Thanks for this - didn’t even know there was such things .

Superstitions or not that’s to each person to decide on their own.

Quantum mechanics says we are all connected somehow - can’t quite figure it out yet - but it is - we are - everything connected .
There are different methods of science - those that just state what’s found - those who find and use to explain things yet unknow - there’s probly more denominations as faiths but I see things that easy. Either way - you won’t find me seeking to prove any one wrong or right - only encourage others to seek out. That’s all. I still hold my stance and I WILL be seeking out what you posted - I just don’t take anyone’s first word to anything as there can be two sides and many different reasons for doing things but I will admit most of my personal study has found that most things revolve around money more times than not.

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tetrahedron, Kobos

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi