What constitutes a Jedi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 10 months ago #323475 by
Replied by on topic What constitutes a Jedi

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: Balance of one self is one of those “core” ideas Triss was talking about or at least a understanding of balance in some shape is one thing we as Jeddist have in common!

Which is the "Training/Practice" point of my Core list. Its not about what the world thinks of the things we train but rather the usefulness the training is per individual Jedi. So some people are already good as self service...Im not, and I know many others who arn't. I can't even get through a birthday of "Whatever you want to do for you." without tripping over myself all day trying to come up with a size fits all plan (Which ends up in a boring pizza dinner and wasted day of indecision XD) ---- And thus, my training takes a selfish curve in an attempt to better care for my own interests because I was always taught being selfish is wrong and that a "Jedi Serves/is selfless" when in reality, a healthy dose is actually very important and commonly dismissed in Jedi Practice's XD

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #323477 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic What constitutes a Jedi
Just some shower thoughts from a speed read -

I can never tell if Streen is trollin', or if he is delightfully unburdened with what some people call "first sight and second thoughts"

I'm not trying to be an ass. Taken at face value, Streen is an earnest, passionate individual. I sure hope that is the case, and the alternative is an unfair view, filtered by my own neurosis.

As for Serving Others (I think this is in response to Proteus?) I've learned a...counter intuitive thing in the world of business. Serving others is as often as not (if not more often than not) best achieved in somewhat different ways to what the person being served might think.

"Doing what the customer wants" causes many businesses to fail, because the customer is usually an idiot, (and like politicians, or the people who vote for them) only has a short term view of what serves their brief emotional need.

It's in a (roughly) similar style to the "teach a man to fish" sort of tale, but you could also look at it like "Give a man a thousand fish, they'll all be off in a week, give a thousand men a fish, and they can all eat" -

One is more about the nature of self reliance, and the other one is about distribution of resources. Both have their application.

or in another view "spend eight hours with one customer, and 47 miss out, spend 10 minutes with each customer, and you might be able to help 48 - not as much as they'd like, but enough to move them all forward a little"

(another popular one is variations of the 80/20 rule. which can be applied as inanely as you like to any situation, inspiration posters and all)
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by JamesSand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu

More
5 years 10 months ago #323479 by Carlos.Martinez3
The selfless is in all manner of themes , books , ideas, religions, cultures, walk, ways - you name it - compassion and selflessness is not only a Jeddist thing. I think it’s more of a human thing. (Honestly)
These two themes - I think- can be contrary to a “natural “ selfish - instinctive way- hence its countless renditions of versions and types of forms - it can be adapted and displayed in a million difrent ways . It’s all to the person to find their own balance and their own version as well as combination if they choose to take one or more - wouldn’t you say?

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 10 months ago #323480 by
I have found that nature acts for the good of the whole of nature. The only goal of the natural existence is balance in all things..

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 10 months ago #323481 by

JamesSand wrote: Just some shower thoughts from a speed read -

I can never tell if Streen is trollin', or if he is delightfully unburdened with what some people call "first sight and second thoughts"

I'm not trying to be an ass. Taken at face value, Streen is an earnest, passionate individual. I sure hope that is the case, and the alternative is an unfair view, filtered by my own neurosis.

Yea....maybe instead of speed reading you might want to look at the trolling conversation a little closer XD this was addressed! :-p AKA no one said Streen was trolling....

More
5 years 10 months ago #323482 by Carlos.Martinez3

zeroequalsone wrote: I have found that nature acts for the good of the whole of nature. The only goal of the natural existence is balance in all things..

And or maybe ....nature just - balances what it has ... I’ve often thought about nature as is my habit. I’ve seen trees engulf anything. Thank you so much for the reminder . !!!

Maybe as a Jeddist I can be like nature and just balance what I got - now! That’s sooo worth it ! ( to me anyway) thanks!

Build, not tear down.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 10 months ago #323486 by
According to the principles of the natural universe, there is no 'good' or 'bad', or 'good'or'evil'. There are constructive and consumptive energies. And you can only consume what has been created, and you can only create from the material left by consumption. One can't exist without the other in balance. Trying to accentuate or promote one over the other, or to the detriment of the other, causes imbalance, and the stifled energy becomes stagnant and poison, like a pool of water.
Your body cannot produce energy to live without consuming. And we use the energy from the consumption to create. The only way consumptive energy becomes 'evil' is when it's used for purely selfish intent, and not to keep balance.

More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #323488 by JamesSand

Yea....maybe instead of speed reading you might want to look at the trolling conversation a little closer XD this was addressed! :-p AKA no one said Streen was trolling....

I might want to, but that would cost more resources, and I might not be any better off for it, and just as likely no one else would either.

I've bluffed my way through this much life with such an approach, and I daresay I'm not any worse off than people who read the fine print and "understood" the deeper mysteries.

Some might say that I said it, if no one else did.

Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by JamesSand.

More
5 years 10 months ago #323496 by Carlos.Martinez3

JamesSand wrote:

I might want to, but that would cost more resources, and I might not be any better off for it, and just as likely no one else would either.

I've bluffed my way through this much life with such an approach, and I daresay I'm not any worse off than people who read the fine print and "understood" the deeper mysteries.

Some might say that I said it, if no one else did.

Let’s not insult - not the intention of dialogue.

Build, not tear down.

More
5 years 10 months ago #323498 by JamesSand

Let’s not insult - not the intention of dialogue.

Then let's not be insulted.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi