What constitutes a Jedi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 10 months ago #323578 by
Replied by on topic What constitutes a Jedi
If I may be so bold...
I don't believe it is a matter of flaws..
The force doesn't make flaws, or mistakes.
We are created with certain strengths and weaknesses.
Then it provides lessons (daily situations), where we gain knowledge of the world around us and how it works. Then we apply this knowledge to ourselves to make our weaknesses, strengths (wisdom). It's the only way we can grow with intent.
Just as we exercise our bodies to gain physical strength, there are exercises for our mind, and our spirit, soul, whatever term is applicable.
But that doesn't make a weakness a flaw, it's an opportunity for growth.
How wonderful that the force is such a loving energy that it builds the question and the answer into the same matrix...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 10 months ago #323579 by
Perhaps the Force doesn't make flaws, but humans do. ;p

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 10 months ago #323580 by
Never were truer words spoken...or written I guess...lol

More
5 years 9 months ago #323581 by Rosalyn J
Replied by Rosalyn J on topic What constitutes a Jedi

zeroequalsone wrote: If I may be so bold...
I don't believe it is a matter of flaws..
The force doesn't make flaws, or mistakes.
We are created with certain strengths and weaknesses.
Then it provides lessons (daily situations), where we gain knowledge of the world around us and how it works. Then we apply this knowledge to ourselves to make our weaknesses, strengths (wisdom). It's the only way we can grow with intent.
Just as we exercise our bodies to gain physical strength, there are exercises for our mind, and our spirit, soul, whatever term is applicable.
But that doesn't make a weakness a flaw, it's an opportunity for growth.
How wonderful that the force is such a loving energy that it builds the question and the answer into the same matrix...

Thank you wasn't enough. I found this very powerful

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3

More
5 years 9 months ago #323588 by Carlos.Martinez3
@Ari
The creation of new character is a wonderful thing.
Regardless if we choose to find or cultivate it - I think that that - is one thing that constitutes a Jedi - some way.
We see the Jedi on screen and think - “man, I wanna learn to be like that “( whatever the- that - is wether it’s the controll the toughness the in touchness or the character expressedor the Force tangibility- patience - the fact is we admire it)
I can sadly assume - Jedi cultivate some form of character addition or removal for themselfs.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 9 months ago #323595 by
You are entirely too kind.
I have been studying metaphysics for about 30 years. Been studying hermetics for about 5 years.
I became a minister to help everyone I can ask themselves the right questions, and find whatever path helps them become the highest version of themselves.
I believe everyone's path is as individual as they are.
The only thing that truly is, is the force and the hermetical principles that govern it's movement in the universe. Everything else is either an individual interpretation of those principles, or just window dressing.
How someone inteprets the principles is not my business, as long as it moves them forward, not backwards.

More
5 years 9 months ago - 5 years 9 months ago #323602 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic What constitutes a Jedi
I have been quiet for sometime, so if this turns into rambling it is because of a huge shift in perception that has occupied me recently. This is a personal definition so obviously again just a perception of what a Jedi is and more important why The Jedi exist.

Jedi realize that they are one but also many, we are our own and yet we are also the worlds. I exist to bring experience to a super computer inside a skull that was originally made by and for feed nutrients to an elaborate system of organically constructed molecules. This computer has been able to automate the things required to simply survive so now it reaches further and further to nourishing an energy, I don't understand because my literal awareness is based on this energy and how it is created and transferred through filters of experience, habit and instinct. Survival changes definition to this computer. The Jedi see's the computer; I could go into how you can try and take care of your body, live a certain way but that's for you to decide. That is the experience the computer in your head shall decide. But look at the circuitry of this computer and in time perhaps learn to program it. After trying this for a while the Jedi to me has learned that the inter-web of the mind exists (all things really), it is that my brothers and sisters are me and I am my all of my brothers and sisters.

As for the reason, ever so important.......The real answer to a real universal quandary.......because we do. The philosophical implications of the title are irrelevant beyond a picture of whom we would like to mentally strive to be exist as you are; name yourself as you will others will apply titles for you.

Much love and respect to all of you,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
Last edit: 5 years 9 months ago by Kobos.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 7 months ago #326479 by
Yes and no :) Jedi are called to serve others, but there are many ways we can serve others. All those ways have different effects, and reach different numbers of people; but it's still done in the name of service. For example during the hurricane I saved this guys toy dog (the breed, not a actual toy :) ) from jumping off the balcony. I realize that my act comes nowhere close to the acts of service that other people did, but the guy considered his dogs to be part of his family; so when he left the hotel he left with his family intact.
I think that the doctrine needs to be followed, but at the same time it is a guide. There are different ways to serve people. There are different ways to protect people.
Even in the mental awareness and control of one's self; there are different ways to achieve the same goal. People handle emotions differently. I'd think that it was more important that a Jedi be in control their emotions, rather than to have all Jedi do it in the same way.
Philosophical interests will also vary from Jedi to Jedi. I think it's much more important that we all have a working knowledge of philosophy, than it would be for all of us to like and follow the exact same philosophy.
None of this makes our doctrine any less important. If anything it makes our doctrine, and our understanding of our doctrine that much more important. Our doctrine then has to be strong enough to be the guide.
James wrote 'You can't "Become a Jedi" then cry out "Nailed it" and light up a cigar.' I both agree and disagree with him. I agree that you can't become a Jedi, celebrate the achievement, and forget everything you learned on the way. In Spirit Science and in being a Pagan we get taught two things that are important to this question; 1. Positive self affirmations are extremely important. 2. A person doing positive affirmations has to follow up those affirmations with the necessary work for it to mean anything. So if a person says 'I am a Jedi' and then follows it up with the service and training necessary to achieve their goal; I think that they probably have earned it.

More
5 years 7 months ago #326752 by Jhannuzs Ian
Today,
it is my ability to love more,
to respect, laugh and keep
building my evolution to
enjoy more life while
creating quality relationships
and friends anywhere

♪ ♫ ♪
Jedi Master: Rosalyn J
Focus, discipline, integriteit, kennis en licht
My code:
The Force is all, I choose my Focus
Life includes suffering, I am Resilient
The Force include my imagination, I extract Wisdom and Harmony
Life includes adversity, I obtain Knowledge
I respect your Life, lets revitalize our Force while breathing
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #327326 by

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: In this modern day - what constitutes the title Jedi?
Is it following certain philosophy's or ways or ideas or...can one just claim to be a Jedi by "sticker" ?
What do yall think?
in a place where we believe in the inherit worth of all , can any one be a Jedi with any level of practice or even no practice at all?

I like this question. Imho, as of right now it's really whatever we make of it.. or don't if we even need that title.

Whatever we title our walk, what path are we taking? Do we really believe that there is an intelligent creative "Force" underpinning our reality? Both natural and supernatural? Do we think there is a "supernatural" reality? Can we apply a practical method of investigation in order to study it? If this "Force" is what we feel and say it is..

Then, in the end, can we apply what we learn to life? How should we apply it? Is it our duty to apply it and how would we fulfill that duty? Rightfully, we're hoping..

I guess there's two answers. What is our study, and how do we use our knowledge.. Would we use it to empower and uplift humanity?.. or, like some, I believe.. would we oppress the human spirit for our own sake?
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi