Masculinity as a Mental health issue

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 11 months ago #321010 by
The problem here is akin to pointing fingers. Once you point that finger you automatically spin an accusatory web. Singling out Masculinity in some poor attempt to teach people to "Be themselves" is an oxymoron.

What if a Man WANTS to be all masculine? Suddenly they are on the chopping block because god forbid he doesn't want to put his hand in a feminine role?

And who dictates these so called "Masculine Roles" and "Feminine Roles" ? Politics? The same politics that can't keep there own pants on straight when something twinges someone elses sensibility?

Growing up - the only time the roles of Masculine vs Feminine came up was in light of dating. And really its a tragedy that most kids these days will never learn these lessons thanks to these gender blending attempts.

If a Man wants to be feminine. Then let him decide that without placing it up on a spotlight of education.
If a Man wants to be Masculine. Then LEAVE HIM THE HECK ALONE

and vis versa.

If a Woman wants to be Masculine. Then pass her a beer and keep your trap shut
If a Woman wants to be all Feminine. Then allow her to do so without judgment.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 11 months ago #321012 by
Thank you Triss , this is exactly the conclusion that was reached in the Netherlands , its odd to single that out ...

The problem here is akin to pointing fingers. Once you point that finger you automatically spin an accusatory web. Singling out Masculinity in some poor attempt to teach people to "Be themselves" is an oxymoron.

More
5 years 11 months ago #321014 by Carlos.Martinez3
I would never fit in any box- especially these type of studies.

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 11 months ago #321016 by

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: I would never fit in any box- especially these type of studies.

Why would anyone want to anyway ;)

More
5 years 11 months ago #321017 by Carlos.Martinez3
If we just - you know - treated people like people - equal - we wouldn’t have problems related to - gender - faith - practices - things like that- but what do I know , I’m only human . Smileyface

Build, not tear down.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 11 months ago #321018 by

Carlos.Martinez3 wrote: If we just - you know - treated people like people - equal - we wouldn’t have problems related to - gender - faith - practices - things like that- but what do I know , I’m only human . Smileyface

Agreed. Hence why public education shouldn't teach about 'toxic' masculinity. Live and let live, instead of teaching boys about how awful they are for being boys, instead efforts should be made into making them great people.

More
5 years 11 months ago #321022 by Carlos.Martinez3
Why would we ever tell a child how awful they are ? Or anynone for that matter ? But that’s just me . Smileyface

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
5 years 11 months ago #321024 by Wescli Wardest
*Sigh…* :pinch:

Men cannot learn what it means to be a man in a college course. Just as women can’t learn what it means to be a woman. These are things that are defined by a lifetime of practical examples, trial and error and more importantly, having positive roles models. One of the most critical times in an individual’s personal development to have these positive roles models is during youth and then adolescence when our hormones kick in and the world changes around us.

I feel that big brother or big sister programs are far better at providing the examples and role models people need that do not already have them in their lives. The problem is that so many people recognize there is a developing problem but they can’t be bothered doing anything more that creating a study program for others “teach.” Where what we need is people who could be that positive role model actually out there, not setting behind their computer screen and being the role model.

I will tell you now that I am not the best role model in the world. But I spent all day Saturday teaching other grown men how to fish. Is fishing a necessary life skill? Not for the average person. But is it a time where guys can bond and learn from one another? Sure. And it is not much different from what young men, boys, learn in the Boy Scouts.

Sorry, I’ll climb down from my soap box now.
Rant over.
:blush:
Thank you anyone that read it.

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3,

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 11 months ago #321027 by
I so totally get you Wes , and i really dont have any idea why they thought that was a good idea to bring to my country , all i can say they keep trying , now we have this guy Yakamuchi from Japan who wants to learn Dutch women the bliss of staying in the kitchen ....we have it good here, i think the rest of the world cannot stand thet ..or us hahaha

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 11 months ago #321028 by
Maybe reading this will bring more understanding why these kind of things will never work for us and they will only bring more confusion to children everywhere , they are learning the wrong priorities.

This poor woman married a Dutch man not knowing what that meant :lol:

https://expatshaarlem.nl/dutch-men-are-not-romantic/

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi