Ramblings of a Security Officer

More
6 years 1 month ago #319098 by Manu

rugadd wrote: Kyrin...are you saying peace is a lie?

Relevance?

Peace is a lie.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #319115 by
Replied by on topic Ramblings of a Security Officer

Manu wrote: Peace is a lie.

Or...

"Peace is not the absence of conflict; it is the ability to handle conflict by peaceful means." ~Ronald Regan
"Peace is not the absence of conflict; It is the ability to cope with it." ~Mahatma Ghandi

Or...

"True peace is not the absence of conflict outside of you: True peace is the absence of conflict inside of you." ~Ryan Lawson

More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #319116 by Adder
:D or as a direction, place or 'way', peace is a lie :silly:

(noun)

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu

More
6 years 1 month ago #319135 by Manu

Dano Ori wrote:

Manu wrote: Peace is a lie.

Or...

"Peace is not the absence of conflict; it is the ability to handle conflict by peaceful means." ~Ronald Regan
"Peace is not the absence of conflict; It is the ability to cope with it." ~Mahatma Ghandi

Or...

"True peace is not the absence of conflict outside of you: True peace is the absence of conflict inside of you." ~Ryan Lawson

Arguing these would be arguing semantics, of course. "Peace is a lie" is as much of a vague statement as "there is no emotion, there is peace". Not absolute statements of truth, but, as all codes, a prop to direct focus.

I like the second quote though. It is by embracing passion that all other things fall away, and "inner peace" (an implied outlook rather than a permanent state of being) is achieved.

There is only passion.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 weeks ago #320104 by
For reasons I am not entirely aware of, the Force has compelled me to ramble again this morning, but I believe some of the thoughts rattling around in my head are worth sharing. If not, feel free to move along. These are not the droids you're looking for :laugh:

I've spent a lot of time within these walls over the past four and a half years and I've seen some ugliness. I've also experienced moments of great inspiration true compassion. Both have taught me valuable lessons, and yet, both ugly and beautiful are driven by emotion and personal perception. We feel strongly about the discussions that make us angry and we become attached to the conversations that bring us peace and reinforce our own beliefs. These are human reactions, and they are to be expected in a Temple filled with human beings.

What is most important to remember as we ride these waves up and down together is that it is all part of life. It is all a way for the Force to experience itself through our senses. While we control our own actions to a certain extent, the universe will do what it will do despite our most valiant efforts to be good or our most evil intentions. We cannot control what others will say or do, and we need not try too hard to do so, for even when we are injured by the actions or words of another, we still learn. That pain is a valuable instructor, and we should listen closely.

I say this now because the last week or so has been a time of relative peace and quiet here in our Temple. Some of the usual noise has been absent, and I sense a move toward personal reflection and training. We are taking a much needed breath; a break from the constant battle to be the light. Novices continue to train and Councillors continue to work, but the efforts are focused inward, rather than out. These periods of rest are needed, and we should enjoy them when they come. Refill your cups, Jedi, as the time will come soon when we will have to empty them again in order to refill the cups of others. Tumultuous waves will come again, friends, but we will be ready and we will survive it. In the meantime, I give thanks to all of you for joining me in this spiritual home of mine and making it a refuge from the often chaotic world.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 weeks ago #320106 by
Well I have been on vacation this week...:silly: :P ;)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 3 weeks ago #320108 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Well I have been on vacation this week...:silly: :P ;)

HAHAHAHAHA That explains it! I hope you've been relaxing and recharging as well. :)

More
6 years 3 weeks ago #320109 by Carlos.Martinez3
My own two cents - when I read or hear some one say —-this is that —- here it’s peace is a lie - I can hear difrent definitions and difrent things. All of what one person has experienced and define as “ peace “ has by that persons account been deemed a lie by the defined and defined. This is a choice of definition for that individual. Definitions and explanations can be vast as can the interpotations of things and feelings and words. What can be peace to me can be called war to another. ( and some times it is quite literally.)
The use of the word CAN and the ability to remember everyone’s inherit worth leads me - personally- to allow your and my definition to exist with no conflict - no contest to either . So when I read someone or hear some one say things like “ peace is a lie” I hear - what I call peace and have experienced is what I deem as a lie. In that light - I can’t really argue . Now can I? Being Jedi can we practice this. ?

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi