Ramblings of a Security Officer

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #318927 by
Replied by on topic Ramblings of a Security Officer

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: I am not attacking the council as I have been accused of so many times. I'm simply pointing out that the communication is severely lacking when it comes to the council. This is the thing I have been saying for years now. One small fix will alleviate a world of hurt feelings.

Wow. Let me know what it looks like when you do go on the attack.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #318928 by

Atticus wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: I am not attacking the council as I have been accused of so many times. I'm simply pointing out that the communication is severely lacking when it comes to the council. This is the thing I have been saying for years now. One small fix will alleviate a world of hurt feelings.

Wow. Let me know what it looks like when you do go on the attack.

I can tell you from my unique partnership with Kyrin that it could definitely look a lot worse. We're working on that together. I may be contributing to the misunderstandings by encouraging Kyrin to be honest and to challenge me on issues in a way that are probably not right for general communication in the forum. Softening the language and equally respecting all involved in these interactions are just two goals I have for both Kyrin and I, but it doesn't always happen and it can create even more difficulties when we fail.

Kyrin - here's a chance for you to make me look like a rock star or an idiot :unsure: . I trust that you know a good way to move forward in this conversation and you'll demonstrate that you're not always the cranky person you are perceived to be.

More
6 years 1 month ago #318929 by rugadd
Reading Kyrin is like listening to my Gong Fu instructor: It rarely has anything to do with how I feel about it. It is what it is, and if I set how it makes me feel aside, I can grow. The large portion of training is learning to keep ones wits about them even under duress or stressful situations.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Kobos, Brick

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #318930 by

rugadd wrote: Reading Kyrin is like listening to my Gong Fu instructor: It rarely has anything to do with how I feel about it. It is what it is, and if I set how it makes me feel aside, I can grow. The large portion of training is learning to keep ones wits about them even under duress or stressful situations.

I appreciate the point you're trying to make. The converse, however, is that we each have a degree of responsibility for the quality of the experience that our members and guests have when they are here. It's well and good that I challenge my own ability to continue to make the right decisions under stress. I don't have the right to demand that standard of everyone who enters, and neither does anyone else here.

More
6 years 1 month ago #318933 by rugadd
I believe it becomes an opportunity for a win-win.

rugadd
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #318936 by
My thoughts are this. The situation with Tellahane and him leaving is something that has done passed. Currently, we can do nothing about it in the sense of bringing him back to the Temple as that is his decision to make. While we all may wish him well we currently have our missions as Jedi. Focusing on these missions whether it be the training, temple duty, or helping a fellow Jedi is current and Tellahane's departure is past. There is not much to be done about it.

What I would like to aim personally for is to improve this temple. This is something that Senan has voiced or rather commented in terms of being a security officer for the temple. This says he wishes to uphold his duty and take responsibility as member of this temple. As a soon to be member (I completed the paperwork and waiting on confirmation) I support these words I will help him in any way I can to support him and JLSpinner as well. I will also support Ros to do her duty as a clergy however I can along with the rest of our clergy folks. I have not forgotten the council either I will assist however I can to improve this temple. This is a personal duty I will uptake. I don't expect this to be easy for me or any of the mentioned folks. While this may not mean much to some this means something to me even if they just appear as words. I will work on my plans to complete my daily tasks but I cannot do it alone.

I have suggestions for our council and the rest of the offices. If they are willing to take the time out of their busy lives. I would like have surveys for us to complete for you. Having this data you can let you know what topics or issues need to be addressed. While most folks avoid surveys of any kind I believe this will let you know as a temple what we all agree on that is a problem and what we would like fixed. If this is something that already does exist I suggest we start utilizing it. Each office should have it's own separate survey tailored to it specifically. It can also help let you know what things we would like to see on the site. An example: a button that we can press that routes us to a clergy being able to use IM or have a face to face talk if we need further spiritual guidance. Not saying we have to have it but suggestions that we would like to see and maybe you all can find a middle ground decision.

For those of us that are apart of this great community I think as a group we can make a difference in helping each other by respecting each other. I know that some folks will post some things that others will not like. I have a solution for that if we just hide the post or have an option to block it in a way others can post but we cannot see it I think that would be successful. In the meantime I think we will just have to ignore them and respect some ones perspective. Everyone has a different thought and they must be respected here. However, making remarks of someone or their beliefs is unacceptable.

These are my thoughts and i'm curious to here from the council and the other offices on your thoughts. This does not have to be communicated on here this can be PMed or whichever way you decide to communicate. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #318937 by

Atticus wrote: Wow. Let me know what it looks like when you do go on the attack.

I dont really see this remark as being constructive. It is a passive aggressive comment meant to incite a visceral reaction and nothing more. I understand your frustration and I see that you are taking my comments personally. My intent was never to insult or belittle but only to provide constructive criticism. I would like to discuss this issue with you as adults if you are willing but I wont waste my time with anymore unproductive comments. Thanks

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago #318938 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Atticus wrote: Wow. Let me know what it looks like when you do go on the attack.

I dont really see this remark as being constructive. It is a passive aggressive comment meant to incite a visceral reaction and nothing more. I understand your frustration and I see that you are taking my comments personally. My intent was never to insult or belittle but only to provide constructive criticism. I would like to discuss this issue with you as adults if you are willing but I wont waste my time with anymore unproductive comments. Thanks

There is nothing passive aggressive about it. I am not the slightest bit interested in a visceral response from you; I think we've had quite enough of those. In a perfect world, you might be willing to examine how your post right before that really cannot be interpreted as anything other than multiple attacks on some monolithic Council and their dramatic failures. We all measure our words very carefully around you, and the number of us who feel that is a worthwhile use of our time and energy has decreased substantially in the past 24 hours. So say what you will about your intent. We're gonna go off what you actually display rather than trying to read your mind.

More
6 years 1 month ago #318939 by Manu
IMPORTANT UPDATE: I had two donuts. :)

Carry on.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, , Kobos, Brick, , and 1 other people also said thanks.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #318940 by

Atticus wrote: There is nothing passive aggressive about it. I am not the slightest bit interested in a visceral response from you; I think we've had quite enough of those. In a perfect world, you might be willing to examine how your post right before that really cannot be interpreted as anything other than multiple attacks on some monolithic Council and their dramatic failures. We all measure our words very carefully around you, and the number of us who feel that is a worthwhile use of our time and energy has decreased substantially in the past 24 hours. So say what you will about your intent. We're gonna go off what you actually display rather than trying to read your mind.

When you say you have had quite enough visceral responses from me what do you mean? Are you talking over the past few days or the past few years? Can you clarify what responses you feel were 'visceral"?

I'm willing to examine my previous post if you so desire. I assume you mean the one where I talk about the thread hatter locked? I don't think I ever used the word "monolithic" or "dramatic failure". These are terms you have unfairly injected into the conversation. I was simply trying to convey a personal experience that I find common among many members here. As a council member are you asking me to not talk about such things or not bring such things to attention?

When referring to measuring your words, who is this "we" that you speak of? I assume in that regard you are speaking for yourself and a group of others? Who are they so I might address any misunderstandings.

I don't believe I ever asked you to read my mind either. I'm not sure what you even mean by that. I measure my words carefully and I mean what I write. I'm not sure how you have interpreted that to mean I want you to read my mind?
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi