Sith Code better for everyday life?

More
6 years 7 months ago #302146 by Adder

Lykeios wrote: Italicized section is what I am primarily responding to here.

You seem to be talking about passion and peace as if they really can't exist at the same time. Is that accurate? Or am I misinterpreting what you are trying to say?

Depends on the scope of the peace, certainly comparable scopes of peace can co-exist with passion, but I'd think it's nature of focus might mean that the extent of peace might be a bit drawn into ones own sphere... at least more then something like compassion. So if anything I was just saying there that the presence of passion is not required for the presence of peace.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lykeios Little Raven, Kobos

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #302147 by Lykeios Little Raven

Adder wrote:

Lykeios wrote: Italicized section is what I am primarily responding to here.

You seem to be talking about passion and peace as if they really can't exist at the same time. Is that accurate? Or am I misinterpreting what you are trying to say?

Depends on the scope of the peace, certainly comparable scopes of peace can co-exist with passion, but I'd think it's nature of focus might mean that the extent of peace might be a bit drawn into ones own sphere... at least more then something like compassion. So if anything I was just saying there that the presence of passion is not required for the presence of peace.

Ah, okay, thanks for the clarification. That I can agree with. I'd also say the reverse is accurate as well; peace is not required for the presence of passion. However, I find that I am usually most at peace when I am pursuing a passion of mine. For instance, when I am writing fiction (or nonfiction) or planning to write something. Though, I do have other passions that can disrupt my level of "peace" as well. So, I'd say that while passion can, in some cases, be antagonistic toward peace, this is not an inherent feature of passion.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Lykeios Little Raven.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #302148 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Really? That is a strange response I didn't expect. Quite honestly I wonder why you even care? You are not an active member of this board nor do you ascribe to its principles or have any knowledge of my history of contention with those principles. So why should I make it easy for you? Your a Sith right? So if you want to know, find out for yourself.

ah, then I was right the first time. Still someone whose only interest is in proving how edgy they are. Carry on.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #302150 by
Ideas, not people.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #302156 by
I am going to stick my "beginner in thinking about this kind of thing" head over the top of the parapet here - simply because I am very interested in this discussion about passion and peace....

Kobos writes of his passion driving his youth work - and Snowy Aftermath of the painter. I understand that both these characters (Youth worker and painter) channel their passions through different mediums (education and paint) to produce outcomes capable of sharing their passions peacefully (educated humans, and art). I would like to understand how these processes can be cyclical; as I see here the peaceful processes as reforming the passion into something different; something controlled. something that is passionate, but peaceful. I can see how there would not be the peacemaking process without the passion (creation of art, education of youth); but there would still be a state of peace (art and educated humans) without passion; wouldn't there?

More
6 years 7 months ago #302160 by Kobos

Twigga wrote: I am going to stick my "beginner in thinking about this kind of thing" head over the top of the parapet here - simply because I am very interested in this discussion about passion and peace....

Kobos writes of his passion driving his youth work - and Snowy Aftermath of the painter. I understand that both these characters (Youth worker and painter) channel their passions through different mediums (education and paint) to produce outcomes capable of sharing their passions peacefully (educated humans, and art). I would like to understand how these processes can be cyclical; as I see here the peaceful processes as reforming the passion into something different; something controlled. something that is passionate, but peaceful. I can see how there would not be the peacemaking process without the passion (creation of art, education of youth); but there would still be a state of peace (art and educated humans) without passion; wouldn't there?

Yes, you are very much correct Twigga! This is the beauty of it. Now my example is a personal one of where there are times where I must rely on my passion to continue my own motivation to be the best educator to the students. Essentially using that passion as armor to help build the detachment that I need, this career takes a personal toll I will not lie about that particularly in the population of students I work in. That said, the peace I choose to live in and am working towards as a constant state of mind; is not the product of passion but a result of the perspective that whiter I am at peace with things or not they will still keep happening to which I control only so much with my actions. In realizing this I act and am at peace with my actions continually working towards eliminating my own predisposed feelings towards a desired out come. I hope that makes sense.

Much Love and Respect,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave

More
6 years 7 months ago #302161 by Manu

Snowy Aftermath wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Lol guess you haven't read my journals.

Nope. Given our history, I put my time into other avenues. That will certainly change though (if you give me a link, that is, finding things on this board is a pain in the ass). Thank you :-)

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/47-Journals/118237-kamikeedi-temple-of-the-resurrected-order-of-the-je-daii

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
6 years 7 months ago #302162 by Manu

That state of mind which is no longer capable of striving is the true religious mind, and in that state of mind you may come upon this thing called truth or reality or bliss or God or beauty or love. This thing cannot be invited.

Haven't you ever asked yourself why it is that human beings lack this thing?

Your answer would be in accordance with your intensity in asking the question and the urgency of it. But you are neither intense nor urgent, and that is because you haven't got energy, energy being passion - and you cannot find any truth without passion - passion with a fury behind it, passion in which there is no hidden want. Passion is a rather frightening thing because if you have passion you don't know where it will take you.

So is fear perhaps the reason why you have not got the energy of that passion to find out for yourself why this quality of love is missing in you, why there is not this flame in your heart? If you have examined your own mind and heart very closely, you will know why you haven't got it. If you are passionate in your discovery to find why you haven't got it, you will know it is there. Through complete negation alone, which is the highest form of passion, that thing which is love, comes into being.

J. Krishnamurti, Freedom from the known

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #302165 by

Snowy Aftermath wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Really? That is a strange response I didn't expect. Quite honestly I wonder why you even care? You are not an active member of this board nor do you ascribe to its principles or have any knowledge of my history of contention with those principles. So why should I make it easy for you? Your a Sith right? So if you want to know, find out for yourself.

ah, then I was right the first time. Still someone whose only interest is in proving how edgy they are. Carry on.

Lol, Kettle, meet pot. Seems were just too much alike to be compatible in any sort of constructive way.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 7 months ago #302167 by
Well this thread became a lot bigger then I thought it would

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi