Sith Code better for everyday life?

More
6 years 6 months ago #302170 by Kobos
Philosophically it's pretty deep lol and many place meaning here. It's been a very good thread I believe too.

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #302175 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Snowy Aftermath wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: Really? That is a strange response I didn't expect. Quite honestly I wonder why you even care? You are not an active member of this board nor do you ascribe to its principles or have any knowledge of my history of contention with those principles. So why should I make it easy for you? Your a Sith right? So if you want to know, find out for yourself.

ah, then I was right the first time. Still someone whose only interest is in proving how edgy they are. Carry on.

Lol, Kettle, meet pot. Seems were just too much alike to be compatible in any sort of constructive way.

But isn't it interesting that no matter how many times I've softened toward you and extended my hand, you still continue to snap at it.

I give up on you, Kyrin. This was the last attempt. Good riddance.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #302177 by

Snowy Aftermath wrote:
But isn't it interesting that no matter how many times I've softened toward you and extended my hand, you still continue to snap at it.

I give up on you, Kyrin. This was the last attempt. Good riddance.

Now this is an interesting statement, and while some might consider it to be off topic I do not because I think it speaks directly to the Sith mentality that this thread is discussing. I understand the Sith mindset to be one of self forging a path. They want nothing given to them but instead want to search out their own way. So why would you take such offense at my reply in the first place?

You come on here all the time and rip people apart with the excuse that you are just trying to make them less weak and encourage them to grow by challenging them to respond to you in kind. And yet when you get a response such as mine you feign hurt, say you softened but I bit you. I thought the Sith mentality was to look at the pack and pick the most ferocious dogs for your own, leaving the rest, the weak, to their own devices?

Honestly I didnt set out to offend you, and I dont think you actually are. I think you just have a problem with me due to our history, and thats fine, your not the first. But if you honestly want to take a look at my last journal, I believe Manu has provided a link. (the rest of my stuff is behind the apprentice firewall so...)

More
6 years 6 months ago #302179 by Kobos
Please define weak. Both Kyrin and Snowy, this is not an insult I sincerely want to know how you define it will put much more context into the discussion.

MF DOOM Books of War

Knight of the Conclave

More
6 years 6 months ago #302182 by Manu

Kobos wrote: Please define weak. Both Kyrin and Snowy, this is not an insult I sincerely want to know how you define it will put much more context into the discussion.

Vulnerability is not weakness. Yielding in a debate to improve communication is not weakness. Real strength is in choosing the best avenue to your goal, and let nothing (including the temptation for making snappy combacks) stop you.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Kobos

More
6 years 6 months ago #302184 by Kobos
Thank you Manu,

I admit, I have some what fallen prey to my own need to defend myself and snazzy comebacks. But, at this point I am sincerely looking at what would be defined as weak and why I was deliberately called that. It is not for sake of spite now; it is so I can look at that angle/perspective that is not my own. I will say I am like any other, vulnerable in places, strong in others. Yet no person stands as simply weak in my belief. And so I look to understand a perspective that is not mine.

Much Respect and Love,
Kobos

MF DOOM Books of War

Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 6 months ago #302187 by

Kobos wrote: Please define weak. Both Kyrin and Snowy, this is not an insult I sincerely want to know how you define it will put much more context into the discussion.

I can only speak for myself but I believe the tendency to dichotomize weak vs strong is a false one. I think one of the best constructs for displaying this is in the idea of the polar opposites of the Jedi and the Sith. Which one is right? The Sith consider Jedi weak because they desire a selfless life. The Jedi consider the Sith weak because they admit to a selfish life. But if we could just get rid of these subjective ideas of morality and their inherent concepts of weak or strong and posturing over titles, we can learn live in a naturally fulfilling state where we are neither submitting to authority nor commanding authority. Instead we can begin to realize we are each both strong and weak according to our own understanding and no others. When we can realize this we can begin to live our lives in a natural balance being neither selfless nor selfish but both in one. This is the same concept that allows us to experience peace and passion at the same time as well. This is how the Je’daii live.

More
6 years 6 months ago #302207 by Kobos
Thank you Kyrin, I will consider your words deeply.

Much Respect, Peace, and Love,
Kobos

MF DOOM Books of War

Knight of the Conclave

More
6 years 6 months ago #302226 by Eleven
I do my best to follow the code and the maxims I am not perfect by an means. I think some of what the sith code teaches is in our very nature as humans. I cannot help but, get passionate when I am getting into my work there is that natural "High" of a job well done for example. Does that make me a Sith? Heavens no!

Like was said as long as you don't build yourself a deathstar or anything like starkiller base you should be fine...well, I don't condone murder, rape, or anything malicious of that nature either just for the record.

I encourage you to seek Good and positive things and be uplifting to others and not to tear others down with Dogma and high religious viewpoints that you yourself cannot and don't follow. Search your heart and self each day and ask yourself, "Am I a Jedi today? Do I practice what I preach to my fellow Jedi?" If you say no to any of those questions than I would seriously do some soul searching because that isn't good. I try to live as a Jedi on this temple and in the world.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tl1zqH4lsSmKOyCLU9sdOSAUig7Q38QW4okOwSz2V4c/edit
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Albali Cometlast

More
6 years 6 months ago #302339 by Lykeios Little Raven

Sven One wrote: I do my best to follow the code and the maxims I am not perfect by an means. I think some of what the sith code teaches is in our very nature as humans. I cannot help but, get passionate when I am getting into my work there is that natural "High" of a job well done for example. Does that make me a Sith? Heavens no!

Like was said as long as you don't build yourself a deathstar or anything like starkiller base you should be fine...well, I don't condone murder, rape, or anything malicious of that nature either just for the record.

I encourage you to seek Good and positive things and be uplifting to others and not to tear others down with Dogma and high religious viewpoints that you yourself cannot and don't follow. Search your heart and self each day and ask yourself, "Am I a Jedi today? Do I practice what I preach to my fellow Jedi?" If you say no to any of those questions than I would seriously do some soul searching because that isn't good. I try to live as a Jedi on this temple and in the world.

When I did that kind of "soul searching" I went from Jedi to "Sith"...lol.

“Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man.” -Zhuangzi

“Though, as the crusade presses on, I find myself altogether incapable of staying here in saftey while others shed their blood for such a noble and just cause. For surely must the Almighty be with us even in the sundering of our nation. Our fight is for freedom, for liberty, and for all the principles upon which that aforementioned nation was built.” - Patrick “Madman of Galway” O'Dell

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi