dark vs light vs my confusion

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #297219 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic dark vs light vs my confusion

Connor L. wrote: Not to spoil your lovely post, Adder, but I know a few Sith who have (historically) held no belief in the Force at all.

Spirituality is not a requirement on the Sith path*.

So, how does that fit into your Sith is derivative from Jedi?

*as far as I'm aware...

My answer to that is I'm less concerned what people call themselves, and more about what constitutes a useful and functional path with associated areas of specialty. If a exercise motivational group wants to call themselves Jedi or Sith for example it's just not on my radar as anything other then another exercise motivation group.

Edit; and I'd suggest there is more potential in the fiction and its meanings and impact on people then something as narrow as that example.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zenchi

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #298044 by
Replied by on topic dark vs light vs my confusion

Connor L. wrote: Not to spoil your lovely post, Adder, but I know a few Sith who have (historically) held no belief in the Force at all.

Nobody ever reads my profile quote at FA, but it says "The only force I believe in is myself". I don't do deities, magic, and superstition, period. I believe in real, verifiable evidence and cause/effect relationships.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by .

More
6 years 8 months ago #298046 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic dark vs light vs my confusion

Snowy Aftermath wrote: Nobody ever reads my profile quote at FA, but it says "The only force I believe in is myself". I don't do deities, magic, and superstition, period. I believe in real, verifiable evidence and cause/effect relationships.

Kyrin is that you? :laugh:

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #298054 by

Manu wrote:

Snowy Aftermath wrote: Nobody ever reads my profile quote at FA, but it says "The only force I believe in is myself". I don't do deities, magic, and superstition, period. I believe in real, verifiable evidence and cause/effect relationships.

Does Kyrin also say that?

Quit biting my style, Kyrin!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #298071 by

Snowy Aftermath wrote:

Manu wrote:

Does Kyrin also say that?

Quit biting my style, Kyrin!

I'm known around these parts for my proficiency in destroying pro-supernatural arguments...
so yea, there's that. :P

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #298431 by
I said the same in my older DA writings. The Force is ours. In our passion, our intellect, our will.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #298603 by
There´s an app in Play Store and App store, it`s About a Gray Jedi, the Points of view from the Gray Jedi are very Interesting, He talks abouth the Dark and the light as one, we can´t live only in a "pure light" state we need the dark, but we need to controle it. Every day there´s a fight inide of us, and we need to find a good balance
Sorry for the Bad English, my original language it`s spanish

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #298607 by
Your English is excellent :)

More
6 years 8 months ago #298609 by Whyte Horse
Ignore everything you've read so far. It may contain some truths but they are incomplete. The only thing that is true is that the living force doesn't care whether you are good or evil. You are the embodiment of this force. It's yours to do good or evil with. Good and evil are relative. Save a life or take a life. Killing Hitler might be a good idea and saving Jeffrey Dahmer might be a bad idea. It's all relative to the circumstances. Out of the grey and shadow Jedi I emerged a rainbow Jedi. It's not the gay rainbow thing but more a multi-color thing. Not multi-color as in non-racist but seeing the world through a different lense that shows the true colors. Things aren't black-and-white as we are taught... they are on a spectrum. Walking the Jedi path is more like following the spectrum and finding alignment.

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

More
6 years 8 months ago #298627 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic dark vs light vs my confusion
It is looking for a balance indeed and you certainly have to look at things from a different perspective. That's more to the point, let's call it learning a way to see our actions in multiple ways and forms of effect as or before we do them. As is preferable as its also about looking at every moment in "real time" . Yesterday was pretty cool and tomorrow should fun but today is however awesome/sad as I will make it.

Está buscando un equilibrio y ciertamente tiene que mirar las cosas desde una perspectiva diferente. Eso es más al punto, vamos a llamar a aprender una manera de ver nuestras acciones de múltiples maneras y formas de efecto como o antes de hacerlo. Como es preferible ya que también se trata de mirar cada momento en "tiempo real". Ayer fue bastante fresco y mañana debe divertirse pero hoy es sin embargo impresionante / triste como lo haré.

That was google translate so sorry if it is wrong.

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi