dark vs light vs my confusion

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #296831 by
Replied by on topic dark vs light vs my confusion

Brick wrote:

ReallyRiver wrote: Edit: .... And if I were being *really* vulnerable, I'd add that the "I'd throw someone in front of a train, guess what's in my toolbox" post scared me pretty good, too. I mean. I cried.

Don't let Snowy fool you, she's not nearly as fierce as she makes out. She's a big cuddly softie deep down, and a good friend :) , so long as you don't annoy her too much (then she gets out the toolbox) ;)

What I can't figure out is how you keep getting out of the duct tape, Brick.

C'mere! *chases you*

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #296834 by

Snowy Aftermath wrote: Trust me, hun, I like you enough to stand and defend you at this point. You and the folks here will never have any trouble from me :)

I hear you. And I want to let you know about this conversation has been from my perspective, too. Keeping in mind (as a reminder for both of us) that everyone's truth is a valid truth.

I'm terrified. My PTSD is flaring up as it hasn't in months. I'm frozen in my chair. I'm chatting with a clergy member to try to control my dissociation. My service dog is whining and pacing nervously because I'm not responding well to her alert. I can't stop crying. In my head there's a movie on repeat of horrifying and gruesome tortures, of BDSM with none of the consent. From my perspective, just this thread has been very damaging indeed.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #296836 by
I'm sorry about that, kiddo. I had no idea. If you want to talk, I'm here.

I'm sure hearing the stuff I went through (or from me at all right now) won't help, but please believe that I understand as much as another person can ever understand.

I wish you nothing but wellness.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #296852 by

ReallyRiver wrote: Genuinely out of curiosity and not challenge:

If you (anyone) identify as a Sith, what are your reasons for being active on a place called Temple of the *Jedi* Order?

Because it is different more than it is similar.

I talk to lots of people outside the Sith path in a day, and am part of many groups, and spheres of influence not of the Sith path.

Life is anti- entropic, and moves towards greater complexity, and I move within that complexity, and am a part of it.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by .

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #296856 by OB1Shinobi

Snowy Aftermath wrote: There is definitely more to it than what you folks are reading between my lines. That's probably what I get for trying to speak to a Jedi where they live xD

Do I carefully construct whimsical playgrounds to slow my opponents down so I get there first? Sure.
Do I fabricate fun little fairy tales with my right to distract from what's in my left? Absolutely.
Would I push someone in front of a train to get what I want if it came down to it? You betcha.

Would a Jedi?

My level of commitment to my goals is supreme. That's called passion. You will dismember me and a little more before I back down from my goal. Will I announce that point-blank to a bunch of Jedi asking questions on a Jedi forum? Probably not until they try to say they're just like me.

But honey trust me, you ain't. And I say that with love and gentleness. My tool chest is full of bloody dental drills and sex toys you wouldn't know what to call. But I'm honest with myself about them, I use them without fear, guilt, or shame as needed.

I do prefer not to get my nice white knee-highs and pink dress dirty again where possible.

But believe me, there's room for both of us in Teletubbyland. I'll protect you while you go sleep in the big house at night. Turn the music up louder and I'll do my thing.

Stay cuddly.

Hi snowy, good to see you again!

You talk too much of that big-skit yak-yak to be a real O.G.

:P :P :P :P :P :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IJCFc_qkHw

People are complicated.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by OB1Shinobi.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #296881 by

Khaos wrote:

ReallyRiver wrote: Genuinely out of curiosity and not challenge:

If you (anyone) identify as a Sith, what are your reasons for being active on a place called Temple of the *Jedi* Order?

Because it is different more than it is similar.

I'm sorry, I don't quite get this part of your answer?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #296910 by
What dont you get?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #296913 by
I guess.. what's more different than similar to what, and why does that mean being a Sith in a Temple marked "Jedi" above the door?

Not that I think it's wrong or not OK. I'm just curious as to why.

More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #297214 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic dark vs light vs my confusion
Probably empathy. I think the capacity for empathy is the gold standard as a measure of intelligence in a pragmatic sense, but its not the fastest way to generate outcomes. So if there is a belief in the Force, as being a fabric of reality or shared essence for example, then empathy directly relates to connection. But if one is more interested in achieving some personal growth, then focus on self more then others might be more useful to them, at least in the short term.... not to suggest that is un-Jedi, as if one actually believes in the Force when the concept of self versus others is perhaps different, and so focus on the self is just another modality of focus on others :silly:

For me though, if there is going to be any sincerity in making a connection to the fiction by using the titles then there must be some relationship with the fiction, ideally not a superficial one. Not to suggest the measure of sincerity is directly proportional to its connection to the fiction... rather more what works in reality which can also sit in the fiction. But I think in Jediism for example it does include a belief in the Force - at least in some general shared description. So to me that underpins the whole concept of the Sith path being a integral or derivative of the Jedi path, quite literally a Jedi sect. Not that there is anything wrong with that, and just my opinion because as a Jedi I define it as a practitioner of relating to the Force with all others being specific focus areas. #controversy
But focus areas are good, so I don't mean to be disparaging.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Adder.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #297217 by
Not to spoil your lovely post, Adder, but I know a few Sith who have (historically) held no belief in the Force at all.

Spirituality is not a requirement on the Sith path*.

So, how does that fit into your Sith is derivative from Jedi?

*as far as I'm aware...

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi