dark vs light vs my confusion

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #296776 by
Replied by on topic dark vs light vs my confusion

I agree it's pretty critical to know you before committing to a path (any path) that's going to change you. How else would you know what you want to change, and how, and why?

I think, if people really took this to heart BEFORE training as a Jedi, Sith, or whatever, we would have 75% fewer issues as a group. I feel that strongly about it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #296777 by

Connor L. wrote:
For everything, there is a season. Sometimes, we should carefully go down the chasm. Sometimes, we should jump.

A wise Jedi and a wise Sith should know when both are appropriate.

So, if a Sith doesn't play around with niceties, it's because they don't really serve a purpose. Or, perhaps the use of bluntness brings out honesty in the other party that could be held up by niceties and conventions.

The first bit: a wise person in general, imo, know when to look for each handhold and when to scramble.

The second part: This reminds me of something the self help dude Tony Robbins once said in an interview. He said (total paraphrase here) that he uses taboo language as a tool, to jerk people out of mindset that have then stuck, or to drive a particular point home.

So again... the difference would be the default? A Jedi would say, "I'll use conventions until they don't serve me" and a Sith would say "I won't use conventions until they serve me"?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #296779 by
There is no answer to this is there? This is example of 7 billion truths but no knowable Truth, isn't it?

A Sith is a Sith cause she says she's a Sith.
A Jedi is a Jedi cause he says he's a Jedi.
An elephant is an elephant only when we all compare personal truths.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #296780 by
There is definitely more to it than what you folks are reading between my lines. That's probably what I get for trying to speak to a Jedi where they live xD

Do I carefully construct whimsical playgrounds to slow my opponents down so I get there first? Sure.
Do I fabricate fun little fairy tales with my right to distract from what's in my left? Absolutely.
Would I push someone in front of a train to get what I want if it came down to it? You betcha.

Would a Jedi?

My level of commitment to my goals is supreme. That's called passion. You will dismember me and a little more before I back down from my goal. Will I announce that point-blank to a bunch of Jedi asking questions on a Jedi forum? Probably not until they try to say they're just like me.

But honey trust me, you ain't. And I say that with love and gentleness. My tool chest is full of bloody dental drills and sex toys you wouldn't know what to call. But I'm honest with myself about them, I use them without fear, guilt, or shame as needed.

I do prefer not to get my nice white knee-highs and pink dress dirty again where possible.

But believe me, there's room for both of us in Teletubbyland. I'll protect you while you go sleep in the big house at night. Turn the music up louder and I'll do my thing.

Stay cuddly.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #296781 by

ReallyRiver wrote: Ooo, another new word: what's Je'daii?

https://www.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/47-Journals/118237-kamikeedi-temple-of-the-resurrected-order-of-the-je-daii#284951

A bit of the Je'daii History from my personal Je'daii journal, if you care to take a look.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago #296783 by

Snowy Aftermath wrote: Would I push someone in front of a train to get what I want if it came down to it? You betcha.

But honey trust me, you ain't. And I say that with love and gentleness. My tool chest is full of bloody dental drills and sex toys you wouldn't know what to call. But I'm honest with myself about them, I use them without fear, guilt, or shame as needed.

I understand now. Thank you.
But also... wanna bet? I've seen a lot of tool boxes. We're just choosing how to use them differently.

More
6 years 8 months ago #296785 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic dark vs light vs my confusion

Connor L. wrote: You're nice to those who deserve it. And, you're nice to those who will give you back tenfold.

I'm not sure I agree with that statement. I mean, I'm not by any means saying that I'm nice to everybody. I'm not, I've been positively awful to some people. And yes, I'am [strike]sometimes[/strike] often nice out of convenience, or necessity. But I'm also nice to some people just because I can be.

I don't gain anything from it. Not even a 'I feel good for being nice to people', and I can assure you that it is often not given back tenfold. Heck, half the time it isn't reciprocated at all :laugh:

A Sith may do it for the reasons you state, most Jedi may even do it for the reasons you state. But not everyone does. I'm sure you'll disagree. And that ok, I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on that one :)

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan

More
6 years 8 months ago #296786 by Brick
Replied by Brick on topic dark vs light vs my confusion

Snowy Aftermath wrote: The level of commitment to my goals is supreme. That's called passion. You will dismember me and a little more before I back down from my goal. Will I announce that point-blank to a bunch of Jedi asking questions on a Jedi forum? Probably not until they try to say they're just like me.

It's easy to say these things Snowy, it's a lot harder actually be dismembered and not back down:laugh:

Snowy Aftermath wrote: My tool chest is full of bloody dental drills and sex toys you wouldn't know what to call.

Oh, I don't know about that, I'm sure I could name a few of them ;)

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #296793 by

Brick wrote:

Snowy Aftermath wrote: The level of commitment to my goals is supreme. That's called passion. You will dismember me and a little more before I back down from my goal. Will I announce that point-blank to a bunch of Jedi asking questions on a Jedi forum? Probably not until they try to say they're just like me.

It's easy to say these things Snowy, it's a lot harder actually be dismembered and not back down:laugh:

B)

Snowy Aftermath wrote: My tool chest is full of bloody dental drills and sex toys you wouldn't know what to call.

Oh, I don't know about that, I'm sure I could name a few of them ;)

Oh you xD

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #296798 by
Im not one to say they are more similar than different. I think that devalues both paths significantly. Also, if they were that similar, we would all be doing the same thing. We clearly are not.

There is clearly a difference, and with any path, I think it can only be appreciated if you are walking it.

I am not a Jedi, I am a Sith, quite proud of it.

I know it is not the Jedi path, because I have interacted in the Force communities for almost 2 decades, and sure, there has been overlap, but more than a few differences.

Attitude, atmosphere, focus, choices made,language, culture, etc, etc, etc

I would suggest seeking out a Sith site and simple observing, not joining, not trying to be both "Dark and Light, blah, blah, blah.

Just go and observe, you will see the differences.

What is your interest in the difference?

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi