• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #279626 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic secrets...
I would really like to know what secrets people think we are keeping. Because frankly, everyone seems to make us sound a LOT cooler and more mysterious than we really are!!

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: Adder, Archon, Avalon, Zenchi,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #279631 by Breeze el Tierno
Replied by Breeze el Tierno on topic secrets...
There are things discussed in Council that are best not done in public. At some point, for instance, Knights discussed my IP journal. The Council deliberated on whether I should be made a Knight. The Synod asked themselves if I should be ordained. It couldn't have gone that badly, as here I am, but I am glad those conversations were private, and remain so. It's not a secret so much as it is no one's business.

There is nothing nefarious about privacy, and not everything is my concern.

And it's not as if anyone here is in a hot rush to post their browser history. ;)

I get it, though. We feel committed to something we care about. After a while, we feel a certain claim to it. The deeper I get, though, the less claim I realize I have.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, Zenchi, Carlos.Martinez3, OB1Shinobi, MadHatter, , Leah Starspectre

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 weeks ago #280003 by
Replied by on topic secrets...
The council have tecnical matters to discuss we don't need to know that, website maintenance, financial stuff, events, and other stuff why do you want to know about the finances of the order or events that are being created and discussed (you will know when they are decided), there are things we don't need to know not like they are secret but just cause is a matter of discussions about the order. The knigths and masters have private foruns, i think thats good, they can discuss the future of the order and of the padawans.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 weeks ago #280022 by
Being a Master Mason I know plenty about the importance of keeping secrets. It is not meant to hurt anyone's feelings. It is not meant to make you feel as though someone of a higher degree is somehow "more worthy." If anything it is meant as an instrument to ensure that the new member does not overwhelm themselves with too much, to the extent that the teaching lose their value, We are taught as Masons that each degree helps further our light, and in that light we are entitled to know more. The same could be said for Jediism. The different stations the Jedi Temple offers confers new light at each one. On the integrity, and honesty topic. It is not by lack of integrity that I keep the secrets of a Master Mason, it is because of the integrity of the brotherhood. I never saw the actions by the Masters when I was but an EA as a lack of honesty. I saw it more as a journey. Jediism is a journey, and to understand that secrets are within every order is to understand that even in life we do not see the end of every road. If we did there would be no discovery.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 weeks ago #280024 by
It might be best to just stop discussing this as the OP is nothing more than a Troll post. I think we can all agree (including the OPer) that security and secrets are necessary.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 weeks ago #280025 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: It might be best to just stop discussing this as the OP is nothing more than a Troll post. I think we can all agree (including the OPer) that security and secrets are necessary.

That might be the case but still i see a few very valuable contributions , if you wish not to respond this is up to the individual , if you do , please do , troll post or not :)

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #280038 by ren
Replied by ren on topic secrets...
I have a tendency to say things as they are and that usually spectacularly backfires. i don't need/want to keep secrets, but any information is like a password: once you share it, someone else going to be an absolute asshole with it, and totjo is no exception.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion, Brenna

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #280039 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic secrets...

i don't need/want to keep secrets,

Said the man behind the curtain.....

:silly:

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #280041 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic secrets...

JamesSand wrote:

i don't need/want to keep secrets,

Said the man behind the curtain.....

:silly:

Remember that one time, when people felt that there were secrets and raised a big stink and demanded to know what has happening behind the curtain. Lol. It was hilarious! They made poor Adder spend what little free time he had writing up a report every month about what council was discussing, lol. and then...

No one really ever read it or particularly cared because they realised it was actually pretty routine admin stuff and not even that interesting so we stopped doing it :silly: :blink: :laugh: :woohoo:

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: ren, Alexandre Orion

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #280042 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic secrets...

hey made poor Adder spend what little free time he had writing up a report every month about what council was discussing, lol.

S'alright, once I get a bit more range on my drone, TotJO can have live feed of Adder's house.

Then there'll be no more secrets.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brenna,

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi