secrets...

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #280047 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic secrets...
:lol:
Invisible drone is invisible

Attachment drone.gif not found

:ohmy:

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi,

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
7 years 1 week ago #281033 by Archon
Replied by Archon on topic secrets...
There seems to be a lot of discussion as to why people keep information out of the public.

Some do it out of fear that the information will be somehow used against them.
Some do it because the information is sensitive.
Some do it with the intent of hiding it.
Some do it because it is easier to say nothing than to say something.
Some do it due of reasons that are as secret as the information they keep.

I do it because what I do is nobody's business until I invite them in. Taking the tenets of the Order and using them to advocate a purely transparent world is certainly your prerogative, but I would not expect everyone to agree or even understand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon

More
7 years 1 week ago #281037 by ZealotX
Replied by ZealotX on topic secrets...
This is a very interesting question.

I think the answer is order vs chaos.

Whatever we say... is what we choose to say. It passes through a filter. Some people have less filter than others and honestly it can make relationships with them very trying. They can be abrasive, not because of their thoughts (which many he exactly the same as others) but because they verbalized their thoughts in ways that cause harm to others. But even saying "harm"... they may be telling the truth that the person isn't ready to hear and because they're not ready they A. don't receive any benefit from that truth, B. reject that truth because of how it was presented, C. torn apart by the truth with nothing to put them back together. We often don't feel bad if we're only hurting a person's ego but if that person has self-esteem issues their ego might be the only thing hold them together or keeping them from snapping. We live in the day and age were people are having a bad day or can't get over a bad relationship and they're actually killing people because they can't handle that internal struggle.

So having no "secrets" is a little like giving everyone in the world a gun. Maybe there are those who can hear what everyone says about them, but I don't know anyone who can take absolute 100% truth all the time, without it getting them down. We humans use escapes like video games, movies, drugs, and religion, just to get away from the truth; at least temporarily.

So I think the walls within the site are like the walls in my house. I need to be able to discuss the kids with their mom outside of their hearing. And in reality, they need the privacy to discuss their parents without us hearing it too. If they could hear everything we said we would simply stop saying the things we need to. Therefore, if you tore down the walls you would be creating censorship.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 1 week ago #281045 by
Replied by on topic secrets...
ZealotX said:

So I think the walls within the site are like the walls in my house. I need to be able to discuss the kids with their mom outside of their hearing. And in reality, they need the privacy to discuss their parents without us hearing it too. If they could hear everything we said we would simply stop saying the things we need to. Therefore, if you tore down the walls you would be creating censorship.

I think this is the best explanation i have read in this thread, thank you :)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi