TOTJO Volunteer Corp

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 3 months ago #273560 by
Replied by on topic TOTJO Volunteer Corp

Wescli Wardest wrote: I agree with parts of this statement, parts. Certificates aren’t worth the paper they are printed on if when the time arises one fails to put into action what they are certified to do. Heaven forbid any of us be put in a situation where we may need to call on some training we have learned over the years. And if we are, I hope that each of us would do what was needed and perform admirably.

What I am saying is that what we do with the tools we receive is far greater than a piece of paper stating that we got that tool.
:P

I have had certifications that I have kept updated for around two decades now. And unfortunately I have had to use those skills in the past. Fortunate that I had the skills. Unfortunate that they were called into service.

I totally agree. I am not saying Certification is proof of competence. XD But its at least SOMETHING We are not always going to know a person enough to know the weight behind their words. I have talked to Alex for a good couple years now....and i still dont know enough to know if he can perform CPR. Seeing that he is certified at least tells me he's attempted enough to get the paper XD Better than "I never tried it but...i saw it in a video game once. That makes me practical professional!"

XD

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi