TOTJO Volunteer Corp

More
7 years 2 months ago #273500 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic TOTJO Volunteer Corp

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Alexandre Orion wrote: I'm not sure exactly what counts as volunteering. I just try to keep people safe -- in spite of themselves.

In spite of themselves? What gives you that authority? Not saying its right or wrong, I was just curious as to how you came to the conclusion that you would know better than other people what risks they should take?

Looks like you have a great "I love me" wall. :P :silly:

The man's a worry wart, let's stop nit picking and keep to the topic of the thread please...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #273507 by
Replied by on topic TOTJO Volunteer Corp

Zenchi wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Alexandre Orion wrote: I'm not sure exactly what counts as volunteering. I just try to keep people safe -- in spite of themselves.

In spite of themselves? What gives you that authority? Not saying its right or wrong, I was just curious as to how you came to the conclusion that you would know better than other people what risks they should take?

The man's a worry wart, let's stop nit picking and keep to the topic of the thread please...

I consider it an honest question and a valid subject to discuss. If we are to form a volunteer corps then I find it prudent to discuss the nature of the volunteer work as well as organizing the party. I, and I think many others, would appreciate it greatly if you would stop trying to manage every thread with your self imposed idea of what is valid or "on topic".

More
7 years 2 months ago #273508 by Alexandre Orion
Please forget that I said anything...

Sorry to have disturbed the thread.

Be a philosopher ; but, amidst all your philosophy, be still a man.
~ David Hume

Chaque homme a des devoirs envers l'homme en tant qu'homme.
~ Henri Bergson
[img

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #273509 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

i cant read what any of those certificates say XD But im pretty sure that they weren't just handed out on the street just because XD

More
7 years 2 months ago #273510 by Zenchi
Replied by Zenchi on topic TOTJO Volunteer Corp

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: I, and I think many others, would appreciate it greatly if you would stop trying to manage every thread with your self imposed idea of what is valid or "on topic".

Shadow people don't count...

My Word is my Honor, and my Honor is my Life ~ Sturm Brightblade
Passion, yet Serenity
Knighted Apprentice Arisaig
TM- RyuJin

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #273536 by

Trisskar wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

i cant read what any of those certificates say XD But im pretty sure that they weren't just handed out on the street just because XD

Agreed. I cant read any of them either but they look like first aid and then some other stuff? lol.. pretty impressive though, right!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #273537 by

Zenchi wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote: I, and I think many others, would appreciate it greatly if you would stop trying to manage every thread with your self imposed idea of what is valid or "on topic".

Shadow people don't count...

Shadow people are just as important as any other people.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #273538 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Trisskar wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Agreed. I cant read any of them either but they look like first aid and then some other stuff? lol.. pretty impressive though, right!

Far better then most Jedi who claim they know stuff. I personally feel Jedi SHOULD gain certification as a proof of training and effectiveness in service. Its too easy to talk about what you can and cannot do....but something entirely different when you can point and say "Hey, I may not be a pro, but I did put in work and earned recognition for it."

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 2 months ago #273552 by
if we are looking for someone to lead it Jeffrey Williams is a Knight and during his apprenticeship and not at my urging developed a whole volunteer project at his College he is passionate about community service and will bring forth cool ideas and i think if he is chosen he would do great work.

More
7 years 2 months ago #273554 by Wescli Wardest
Replied by Wescli Wardest on topic TOTJO Volunteer Corp
Certificates…
First, let me say that I have no idea whether anyone with any certificate or without has done anything. That is for each person to know for themselves.

Trisskar wrote…
“Far better then most Jedi who claim they know stuff. I personally feel Jedi SHOULD gain certification as a proof of training and effectiveness in service. Its too easy to talk about what you can and cannot do....but something entirely different when you can point and say "Hey, I may not be a pro, but I did put in work and earned recognition for it."

I agree with parts of this statement, parts. Certificates aren’t worth the paper they are printed on if when the time arises one fails to put into action what they are certified to do. Heaven forbid any of us be put in a situation where we may need to call on some training we have learned over the years. And if we are, I hope that each of us would do what was needed and perform admirably.

What I am saying is that what we do with the tools we receive is far greater than a piece of paper stating that we got that tool.
:P

I have had certifications that I have kept updated for around two decades now. And unfortunately I have had to use those skills in the past. Fortunate that I had the skills. Unfortunate that they were called into service.

Kyrin Windstar asked “In spite of themselves? What gives you that authority? Not saying its right or wrong, I was just curious as to how you came to the conclusion that you would know better than other people what risks they should take?”

All I can say is that rather others accept it or not, I have no authority to protect anyone from themselves or judge the risk they take. I do have a moral obligation as a Jedi, member of a society and part of the human race to help those in need no matter who or why they are where they are. It is an obligation fed by duty and fueled from compassion that requires this of me.
;)

Monastic Order of Knights
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi