There are real Jedi, there are also real Sith. Opinions?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #248777 by

Khaos wrote: The risk you take by posting, is that someone may answer, is the equivalent of Caveat Emptor for such places.

Can I join?
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Adder.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
7 years 9 months ago #248778 by RyuJin
jedi: help others before helping yourself

sith: how can you help others if you can't help yourself?

overly simplified, but yeah....

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tellahane,

More
7 years 9 months ago #248800 by Tellahane

RyuJin wrote: jedi: help others before helping yourself

sith: how can you help others if you can't help yourself?

overly simplified, but yeah....

pretty close for overly simplified, but gets the message across =p
The following user(s) said Thank You: ,

More
7 years 9 months ago #248802 by Tellahane

Jestor wrote:

Tellahane wrote: Grey you can argue kinda sits in the middle but its really hard to see them in the middle.

Its hard to see them in the middle, because we always find ourselves 'as the center', and everyone else is on the outside, thus, to the side... No one agrees 100% doen th line, at some point, we differ, and thus I am darker, or lighter...

Its just how it works when we compare, whether looking for differences, or similarities... We are still comparing...

^^^ This, plus since this journey is very much a personal one for each person its not just in disagreements in general teachings as well but how you interpret things for yourself that takes that variance to the next level.

There is even plenty of disagreement on whether there should be a full drawn standard line of what is and what is not jedi(subject of a lot of discussions and videos), and whether jedi is more of a general concept of how to walk your own path towards a form of enlightenment or some other similar goal, and the rest is up to the individual to figure it out. Since there are large enough communities that support both ideals, no one wants to exclude either one, while arguing for each. It's quite the conundrum.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #248808 by Jestor

Rickie wrote:

Khaos wrote: The risk you take by posting, is that someone may answer, is the equivalent of Caveat Emptor for such places.

Can I join?

Rickie, I doubt anyone would tell you "no", but as you and i message, I will say, that I doubt you'll be staying long, :lol:...

You don't like when things get heated up in conversations here at TOTJO, it seems that conversations get heated up (more/worse?) at the Sith sites I have joined....

Although perhaps OOTS is different... ;)

~sent from the Hitchhiker's Guide, inside my GalaxyS7~

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: ,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #248811 by

Death, yet the Force wrote:

Khaos wrote:

Death, yet the Force wrote: Very good point, Khaos. Out of interest, would you consider yourself more Sith or Jedi, or neither?:)

Im a Sith.

Yes, I am the head of Dark aspect at the Force Academy. I am also an admin, and one of three leaders at Order of the Sith.

Fairplay Khaos, that's pretty impressive! If you were to break down the main beliefs of real life Sithism in comparison to Jediism, what would you say they are? :)

Its not really that impressive. At least, it affords me no special treatment, so I can reasonably assume no one is really impressed with me being a Sith Lord.

However, the methodology has reaped real, measurable, tangible, benefit in my life and those that are within my sphere of influence, and that is all the validation I will ever need.

Im not a Jedi, and though I speak to Jedi, debate with Jedi, argue with Jedi, etc, I have had no real training in the path at all. No interest, in it. So I will not, and cannot compare, or speak on the main beliefs of the Jedi path.

The main beliefs of the Sith?

Easy.

Get what you want.

I suppose if I wanted to get a bit more technical it would be " Find out what you want, and then get it."

The Sith code is a nice model for how to do that.

It is not a moral, or ethical code, simple a methodology of progression in achievement of ones passions.

Moral and ethical choices are as simple as this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wxi-IUnCN_8

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #248816 by

Jestor wrote:

Rickie wrote:

Can I join?

Rickie, I doubt anyone would tell you "no", but as you and i message, I will say, that I doubt you'll be staying long, :lol:...

You don't like when things get heated up in conversations here at TOTJO, it seems that conversations get heated up (more/worse?) at the Sith sites I have joined....

Although perhaps OOTS is different... ;)

~sent from the Hitchhiker's Guide, inside my GalaxyS7~

Oh yes, anyone can join, its free to all as it is publicly accessible , and in the realm of the FA, there are somewhat "safer" places then the halls of my aspect, Or at least colored by the other two, and so not as hostile.

Heated conversations do happen, and are not heavily....Or even lightly moderated as they are here. They go on until. well, whenever. We dont shy away from profanity, or personal attacks( Thats part and parcel of dealing with the stress and staying on topic in the face of other stimuli) We create a different type of atmosphere and environment, because well, it is different.

That said, its a sword that cuts both ways. We will not restrain you in any way in regards to your posting.

That said, while profanity is used, its hardly abused, and the personal attacks are mixed with attacks on the subject at hand. We try to make each conversation not just about the topic, but a mental chess game by doing so.

I cannot simply explain the entirety of my communities of course. Experience is the best teacher. However it is best to realize that it isnt TotJo. So dont go in with that expectation.

When schisms rupture and shades of dark do dances.
devils dine with devils and see,
another conflict! Born of reverie.
The Angels must have dropped their harps and deemed to roll the die of chances.

C'est le vie, a conflict's born!
Dear nature always sings her song.
And lush melodies and nectar
from muses breast is torn.

Wolves to long
barred from play
Might tend to shy away.
And if you sit or stand and listen

To a truer story teller;
few things make sweeter poetry
Then when conflict is unbound,
set free,
or love turned into hostility.

Just watch a little when you see,
star crossed lovers in oppugnancy.
With love and strained savagery.
The deep sky touch blue sea,
Melted in some harmony.
When shade and dark do dances.

loves; father of all quarrellings,
And mother of sanguine, tears.
never a lovers foul word spent
Without heartfelt and good intent.

Written by- Noel Vock

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #248824 by
You're the moderator and approve post before they go public?

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
More
7 years 9 months ago #248845 by Jestor
They moderate less than we do... ;)

Meaning if you think things get rough/rude/tense/questionable/etc here at TOTJO, it is more prevalent there....

I think you would appreciate things here more, and understand how easy we keep things here... :)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alethea Thompson,

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
More
7 years 9 months ago #248863 by Jestor

Jestor wrote: They moderate less than we do... ;)

Meaning if you think things get rough/rude/tense/questionable/etc here at TOTJO, it is more prevalent there....

I think you would appreciate things here more, and understand how easy we keep things here... :)

You know, I posted this, and kept thinking on it...

While I said 'we keep it easy here", I wonder about that...

Is it easier to have a bit more leash? To allow members to speak more freely? Surely they must be able to take the, uh, 'abuse' is not the right word, the 'actions/reactions' (maybe?) then no longer as tightly modded?

Or, is it easier to come here and not worry about that, where the mods control it?

At a less heavily modded site, they ask that each member work on not being offended (not directly, but, if you are offended, thats your problem) and if you wish to continue, you must 'get over it'.... Not an easy task for some...

Here, being more heavily modded, we ask that each person control themselves in their interactions with others... Also, not an easy task for some...

Basically, instead of pushing the responsibility off on others, we call it upon ourselves...

Both are valuable, and it is why we do allow some stuff, and why they also mod a bit, as Khaos said, not profanity for the sake of profanity, their site says they have rules and terms of membership as you join... It is not the wild west over there... :lol:...

We all must learn to not be offended by others, as well as making sure we do not offend others... In a 'balanced' state...

Just musing...

If this needs spun off, would a mod please do so?

Thanks..:)

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi