There are real Jedi, there are also real Sith. Opinions?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #248676 by

Rickie wrote: There is no difference. The difference is in your mind. We are all the same but unique. Depending on how close or far away you are looking. We are all individuals but are one and part of the same. We are all connected. Focus on you being the best you can be, let the chips fall where they may and don't get hung up on Jedi/Sith BS. IMHO :)

This quite frankly diminishes the power to make choices that effect who you are and want to be.

Not only that, but really, if its the same, it also diminishes any real value this place has over any other, as a path, or a resource, but I know damn well you wont see many of the people here at the Sith sites I frequent, because it is in fact not the same.

Being connected, and being the same is two different concepts.

Your brain and heart are connected, but you cannot swap one for the other.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #248678 by

That might be the case but chosing your heart over your brain or vice versa , or trying to cut of one of each will lead to your death imo , what i am saying that the comparison does not stand in my opinion as i function very well without embracing sith philosophy as others function very well without embracing Jedi philosophy or any other opposing philosophy for that matter , the heart just wants different things than the brain but they are interwined by nerves and bloodvessels and such , as where philosophies and ways of life are as fickle ,hypcritical and greedy of gain in a lot of cases. So we are connected in a universal kind of way but we choose what kind of connection we want to have from a human perspecive , while the heart and the brain are stuck with eachother , we dont have to be , we have a choice , do you want shit in your life or not , do i want to learn certain things or not etc B)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #248687 by
There is no explicit Temple position on the light/dark side, though as shown by our inclusion of Watts and even the TotJO symbol itself, we promote the interdependence of light and dark. Which does not mean we don't try to do "good" in the world, but we recognise how ideas such as "good" are often more complex in non-Star Wars fictional settings. Who decides what good/bad is, who decides what light/dark is?

Remember that looking at the Star Wars fiction and thinking this accurately represents who Jedi are would be like looking at the Star Wars fiction and thinking this accurately represents who Sith are.

Khaos wrote: Being connected, and being the same is two different concepts.

'Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.' Margaret Mead

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #248701 by
The broader your perspective, the greater your vision, the wider your horizons, the more you'll see how we have more in common than different. The difference is in your mind.

Nor should you, they are unique individual organs and all part of you the one.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by .

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
7 years 9 months ago #248709 by Jestor
To piggyback on Akkarin;

Akkarin wrote: There is no explicit Temple position on the light/dark side, though as shown by our inclusion of Watts and even the TotJO symbol itself, we promote the interdependence of light and dark. Which does not mean we don't try to do "good" in the world, but we recognise how ideas such as "good" are often more complex in non-Star Wars fictional settings. Who decides what good/bad is, who decides what light/dark is?

Remember that looking at the Star Wars fiction and thinking this accurately represents who Jedi are would be like looking at the Star Wars fiction and thinking this accurately represents who Sith are.

Khaos wrote: Being connected, and being the same is two different concepts.

'Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.' Margaret Mead

We each decide for ourselves what is light and dark...

I might be 'darker' than Rickie, but 'lighter' than Khaos...

If I was to compare myself to them...

But, I dont...

Khaos and I agree on some things, as does Rickie and I, as do I and everyone...

There is a big line, and at one end is the darkest of dark, and at the other, lightest of light... And we are all at some point on this spectrum, with everyone else at another point, and as we look left and right, we see the others...

Those closest to our point, will appear the most similar of the spectrum, and those further away will appear most different lighter/darker still...

We are enjoying the SW story from the p.o.v. of the Rebels... But, what if told from the p.o.v. of the Empire?

Would it read as the current world struggle of ISIS? The rest of the sane world (The Empire) trying to curb ISIS (the rebels) from destroying the way of life we know and are used to?

To ISIS, they are in the right, and fighting the good fight...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Leah Starspectre,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #248733 by

Attachment hdc67b34.jpg not found

Attachments:

More
7 years 9 months ago #248737 by Tellahane
Then there are those crazy grey people who think they live in the middle...of which when you try and fathom that puts everyone into some form of grey area, and as jestor said, some just lighter then others and visa versa.

All in all as its been pointed out, from my perspective and opinion only;

Jedi long-term are out to help others, will take care of themselves only when needed so that they can continue to help others.

Sith long-term are out to better themselves first, which can in return influence or better others immediately close or to whom serves the needs, such as close family etc.

Grey you can argue kinda sits in the middle but its really hard to see them in the middle. Mostly because you have the concept of helping others, and bettering yourself, which is really defined as either one of the labels above, its just how much to one end or the other, but if your following jedi teachings then your really jedi in the long run, if your following sith teachings your really more sith in the long run.

There really isn't any "grey" teachings for in the middle, which is why so many jedi who have been around so long really set the idea and concept of "grey" to the side as its really just one or the other.

Ultimately which ever color or label you want to use, in some form or another your are improving your lifestyle, improving yourself, and improving your environment, how much effort you want to put into any of those 3 things is entirely up to you!
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #248741 by
I have to say these opinions are incredibly interesting!!

To quote Tellahane
[quote="There really isn't any "grey" teachings for in the middle, which is why so many jedi who have been around so long really set the idea and concept of "grey" to the side as its really just one or the other. [/quote]

From my understanding (and a Star Wars Wiki) the Grey Jedi believe in distancing themselves from the council (so in TOTJO's case the clergy and stuff) and they believe that a Force user must study both the light and dark side of the force, without succumbing to the temptations of that dark side.

Personally I would see my beliefs, therefore as quite Grey. As the Force is made up of both Light and Dark it is important to take both into account. However the Drak side is considered 'unnatural' and what's more, 80% of the Force is supposed to be light. Therefore the Light side of the Force should be studied more than the Dark. And while the Dark should be studied, the whole 'unnatural' bit tells us not to succumb to it.

To put in a real life scenario: Your friend is being attacked. You, on behalf of your friend feel angry and you can use that anger to defend your friend. Once that friend has been defended however, you must put a lid on your anger and stop. That could arguably be the Grey beliefs (and mine).

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #248747 by

MartaLina wrote:

That might be the case but chosing your heart over your brain or vice versa , or trying to cut of one of each will lead to your death imo , what i am saying that the comparison does not stand in my opinion as i function very well without embracing sith philosophy as others function very well without embracing Jedi philosophy or any other opposing philosophy for that matter , the heart just wants different things than the brain but they are interwined by nerves and bloodvessels and such , as where philosophies and ways of life are as fickle ,hypcritical and greedy of gain in a lot of cases. So we are connected in a universal kind of way but we choose what kind of connection we want to have from a human perspecive , while the heart and the brain are stuck with eachother , we dont have to be , we have a choice , do you want shit in your life or not , do i want to learn certain things or not etc B)

Which is what I was trying to say. You simply took my analogy in a circle.

They are not the same. Regardless of any "connection", and to say it is, diminishes ones choice to be who they are, or want to be.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #248749 by
In any case, you went to Sith sites and decided they are not for you.

This is a Jedi site, and you seem to like it here.

Whatever differences we find, or do not is then irrelevant, as you seemed to have found something different yourself.

Personally, after this many years, I find discussions like this extremely boring, if only because, at this point, The Jedi cannot even differentiate on what would make a Jedi, and what would not.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi