There are real Jedi, there are also real Sith. Opinions?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #248750 by
Very good point, Khaos. Out of interest, would you consider yourself more Sith or Jedi, or neither?:)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
7 years 9 months ago #248753 by Jestor

Khaos wrote: Personally, after this many years, I find discussions like this extremely boring, if only because, at this point, The Jedi cannot even differentiate on what would make a Jedi, and what would not.

I wont go so far as to say 'boring', but, I have my answer, and let others find theirs...

So, I dont post much in these types of discussions...

However, when the seniors or council are called out, someone has to make an appearance, and Akkarin and I were pushing each other in Council, hahaha... ;)

Tellahane wrote: Grey you can argue kinda sits in the middle but its really hard to see them in the middle.

Its hard to see them in the middle, because we always find ourselves 'as the center', and everyone else is on the outside, thus, to the side... No one agrees 100% doen th line, at some point, we differ, and thus I am darker, or lighter...

Its just how it works when we compare, whether looking for differences, or similarities... We are still comparing...

D,Y.T.F. wrote: However the Drak side is considered 'unnatural' and what's more, 80% of the Force is supposed to be light. Therefore the Light side of the Force should be studied more than the Dark. And while the Dark should be studied, the whole 'unnatural' bit tells us not to succumb to it.

Careful with reading too much into the fiction, thats what gets the other religions in trouble, and makes intelligent people question one's beliefs...

Depending on how you define 'light', if as energy, then there is no place that it does not exist, excpet in the 'no-thing', a point I argue with many, lol...

To say it poetically;

Attachment h9296ad5.JPG not found

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tellahane,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #248754 by
We invent the ideas of selfishness and altruism. And, we tend to appropriate those to Sith and Jedi, respectively.

I am fond of Jestors quotation: Something about all Jedi not being saints.

As a group, we are all Jedi bound by our agreement that the mythological elements represented in Star Wars are important and relevant to our lives. Beyond that, we begin to move away from each other. If the mythological elements are not important, then we would not use the name Jedi or Star Wars at all. Even Ally, the most famous Star Wars not liking Jedi, agrees that the principles explored in the Lore are relevant and important, aside from the nerdy context.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #248755 by Jestor

Connor L. wrote: I am fond of Jestors quotation: Something about all Jedi not being saints.

:blush:

Not all Sith are evil,
Not all Jedi are saints...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by Jestor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ,

More
7 years 9 months ago #248756 by Alethea Thompson

Death, yet the Force wrote: Very good point, Khaos. Out of interest, would you consider yourself more Sith or Jedi, or neither?:)

He's the head of the Dark Aspect at Force Academy.......

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #248761 by

Death, yet the Force wrote: Very good point, Khaos. Out of interest, would you consider yourself more Sith or Jedi, or neither?:)

Im a Sith.

Yes, I am the head of Dark aspect at the Force Academy. I am also an admin, and one of three leaders at Order of the Sith.

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
7 years 9 months ago #248762 by Neaj Pa Bol
I always find it interesting when the thought of Jedi and Sith..... As in all things in life it's the same old basic means....
For everything that is Positive there is an opposite that is Negative....

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #248764 by
Is the Order of The Sith and Dark aspect at the Force Academy a forum for discussion?
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #248766 by
Well, yes, they are communities much like TotJo in the set up, but much different in the levels of interaction, and atmosphere.

Especially in the Dark aspect of the FA, or at Oots.

The risk you take by posting, is that someone may answer, is the equivalent of Caveat Emptor for such places.
Last edit: 7 years 9 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 9 months ago #248774 by

Khaos wrote:

Im a Sith.

Yes, I am the head of Dark aspect at the Force Academy. I am also an admin, and one of three leaders at Order of the Sith.

Fairplay Khaos, that's pretty impressive! If you were to break down the main beliefs of real life Sithism in comparison to Jediism, what would you say they are? :)

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi