Citizens with guns

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago #244793 by
Replied by on topic Citizens with guns
Besides, with cases like Bin Laden and Jihadi John, I know that guns were needed to take them down - but why can't we be civilised humans a refrain from murder, arrest them ?? Jail them ? Death should not even be the last resort, to rob a human of life is the worst breach of human rights it sdisgusting, and where the death sentence is legal, too

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago #244795 by

Silas Mercury wrote: I don't believe that guns should be legal. If you give a man a gun, he will want to shoot it. Watch 'Bowling for Columbine' (Michael Moore, fantastic)

If you give a man a knife he will stab with it.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/05/11/three-killed-including-suspect-four-injured-in-mass-stabbing-spree.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Tel_Aviv_stabbings

http://www.usnews.com/news/us/articles/2016-05-18/houston-police-issue-murder-warrant-in-slaying-of-boy-11

If you give a man a baseball bat he will bludgeon his victims with it

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2016/05/09/son-beats-father-to-death-with-baseball-bat/

A Man has two hands and has been killing man long before guns were invented. Wars were even more gruesome and violent BEFORE guns were invented. You won't stop people from killing eachother by taking away their guns. En Mass or Singular. Just my town alone has more killings by Baseball bats and Claw Hammers than Guns. We had one guy that walked around our town with a severed head in his hand - killing with a knife.

Taking away guns in America won't stop mass shootings or mass killings. Guns are out there for the finding/taking illegal or not. These people don't care about the laws. Making more laws won't fix the problem

More
7 years 11 months ago #244805 by Alethea Thompson
Replied by Alethea Thompson on topic Citizens with guns

Adi wrote:

Alethea Thompson wrote: He was cleared- not even a reputable gun shop would have ended up finding all of this out. It's also pointed out that it's not hard to reproduce your own gun or bullets if you put your mind to it. If people want to kill, they are gonna kill. This could have easily been done using an explosive device.

Re: him being cleared - yeah, I said that. And you're right, no reputable gun shop would have been able to find this out, because they're not able to have that information at their disposal. But uh, just out of curiosity: how many mass shootings have been committed using 100% homemade weapons?

It's not about if they have. It would be stupid to make your own if you don't have to. It's a matter of "you could". However, homemade other weapons? We've had quite a few- let's see: San Bernadino Party, Boston Marathon, Oklahoma City, Chicago Haymarket, World Trade Center....and these are just a few of the bombings since I've been alive (1985).

Don't put something past people just because they haven't done it right now. It doesn't mean they won't go the length later. Or they won't find more creative means. We don't need to focus on the gun culture, we need to focus on the hate culture. Otherwise, when we get rid of guns, it won't matter.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago #244814 by

Silas Mercury wrote: I don't believe that guns should be legal. If you give a man a gun, he will want to shoot it. Watch 'Bowling for Columbine' (Michael Moore, fantastic)

I own several guns I and I have never once actually wanted to shoot someone. I have wanted to shoot my gun, yes, but never at another living thing. I wanted to shoot it for the same reason I wanted to ride my motorcycle. It's fun. It just is. I don't care if that makes me sound crazy, but it is fun. But, with a proper respect for life I have never wished to use it on another person. Claiming that a gun's simple presence creates the monsters using them is completely wrong. As has been pointed out several times in this thread, guns are tools, it takes a person to pull the trigger. Give them something else and they will use something else if they were the kind of person who would do so. I also spent my entire life surrounded by knives, swords, spears, nunchaku, sai, shuriken, and all manner of other weapons and never once used them on a fellow human in a non-training capacity.

I alone am proof that having a weapon doesn't make a person a killer. Being a killer makes a person a killer.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago #244816 by

Goken wrote: I wanted to shoot it for the same reason I wanted to ride my motorcycle. It's fun. It just is.

It really is!!!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago #244818 by
Ok good points Goken. Still don't find how pulling a metal trigger and firing a gun is fun tho ?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago #244819 by

Silas Mercury wrote: Ok good points Goken. Still don't find how pulling a metal trigger and firing a gun is fun tho ?

Have you ever done it? It sounds simple and stupid, but it requires more skill than anyone thinks until they do it. It's like archery but louder. Like if you mixed doing archery with watching fireworks. Both of those are things I enjoy, so their combination is even better. Sometimes, it depends on my mood. Archery tends to be more relaxing.

More
7 years 11 months ago #244822 by Leah Starspectre
Replied by Leah Starspectre on topic Citizens with guns
I don't think the goal is to ban guns, but to regulate them effectively so as to decrease the amount of gun-related violence.

Guns won't go away (especially within the context of recreation), nor will gun violence, but maybe we can do something to keep it in check. As much as we can, anyhow....
The following user(s) said Thank You:

More
7 years 11 months ago #244827 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Citizens with guns
the orlando shooter bought his guns

he had been flagged by the fbi

there is no comparison of guns to knives, guns allow you to kill fifty people in minutes and hold dozens of fit people hostage

People are complicated.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 11 months ago #244828 by
cool - yes i have fired guns. I could smell death all over my fingers

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi