American Jedi Documentry

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #292330 by
Replied by on topic American Jedi Documentry
I really wouldn't worry about that. The Documentary isn't going to reach a large crowd and those it does reach will have minor interest. The Jedi community has managed to survive 20+ years with a great many logo's and not one standing above the other....I am confident that this will be no different. There are plenty of people in the community that can and will set the record straight.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #292348 by

Trisskar wrote: I really wouldn't worry about that. The Documentary isn't going to reach a large crowd and those it does reach will have minor interest. The Jedi community has managed to survive 20+ years with a great many logo's and not one standing above the other....I am confident that this will be no different. There are plenty of people in the community that can and will set the record straight.

Great sour grapes?

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
6 years 9 months ago #292359 by ren
Replied by ren on topic American Jedi Documentry
I had no idea Opie now espouses the ideals of jediism. I look forward to learning more about how the dark side caused him to convert.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #292362 by

MJ Hannigan wrote:

Trisskar wrote: I really wouldn't worry about that. The Documentary isn't going to reach a large crowd and those it does reach will have minor interest. The Jedi community has managed to survive 20+ years with a great many logo's and not one standing above the other....I am confident that this will be no different. There are plenty of people in the community that can and will set the record straight.

Great sour grapes?

Lol , this movie is already a succes in my book , people are talking that were not talking , peoples are having a good look at this and going , hmm is this what i want and some hopefully realise , ...that its not them that are sticking their necks out , but Opie, Hannigan and Perris are and i wish them the best of luck , and i hope that we as Jedi support them , no matter how it reflects on us :)

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #292363 by

Amyntas wrote:

MJ Hannigan wrote:

Great sour grapes?

Lol , this movie is already a succes in my book , people are talking that were not talking , peoples are having a good look at this and going , hmm is this what i want and some hopefully realise , ...that its not them that are sticking their necks out , but Opie, Hannigan and Perris are and i wish them the best of luck , and i hope that we as Jedi support them , no matter how it reflects on us :)

I wasn't talking about the quality of the movie. I was answering J.K Barger concerning the Symbol.

Heads up. I am working on the 2014 Just Jedi Datacron and detailing the American Jedi along with an FAQ. If anyone can think of any questions and answers that should be in it. Please feel free to PM me :) https://trisskar9.wixsite.com/just-jedi/2014

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #292381 by
I guess to me, not to disparage the effort, but the film is a low budget very limited release project. It might affect how a few thousand people see the Temple, but those were probably people who wouldn't join or support us anyway. It might effect how a few thousand people see some individuals, but those were probably people who wouldn't befriend or support then anyway.

All in all, I think it'll be interesting to watch, but won't change my life one bit.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #292897 by

ReallyRiver wrote: I guess to me, not to disparage the effort, but the film is a low budget very limited release project. It might affect how a few thousand people see the Temple, but those were probably people who wouldn't join or support us anyway. It might effect how a few thousand people see some individuals, but those were probably people who wouldn't befriend or support then anyway.

All in all, I think it'll be interesting to watch, but won't change my life one bit.

Again the selfishness amazes me. No one will care about totjo one way or the other. Totjo is not and will never be the Jedi Realist community.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #292899 by
Perhaps I've misunderstood the documentary. I'd thought it was specifically about TOtJO?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #292900 by

ReallyRiver wrote: Perhaps I've misunderstood the documentary. I'd thought it was specifically about TOtJO?

lol, maybe one day we can make something of that nature! :) (if memory serves, there is a thread discussing just that.) But as for this documentary, it appears to be about Jediism and the Jedi Path in the U.S.A., not specifically TotJO.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #292902 by
Ooooooh. We'll, that is a different beast. I'll have to rethink my feelings on it based on this new information, lol.