American Jedi Documentry

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #292966 by
Replied by on topic American Jedi Documentry

Alethea Thompson wrote:

ZealotX wrote: Big kudos to everyone who worked on the Jedi trials. I loved that part. Seeing that makes me wish there were more Jedi so that we could have more of these gatherings. Hopefully, I'll get to attend too.

I'm hoping one day we'll be able to have a few more a year, the annual being one that exposes you to a number of different types of workshops, and then some smaller ones that focus on a particular theme. Like a Martial Arts gathering would focus on physical aspects and philosophy related to physical defense. Or a Energy Healing weekend would expose you to a couple of energy healing techniques, and ethics on energy healing. You get the point XD

yea....those are for Chapters to organize :-p

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #292970 by Alethea Thompson
Yeah, that's not what I'm talking about- I mean ones that doesn't restrict to chapters. I'm talking about one that is open to all Jedi regardless of chapter or order.

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Alethea Thompson.

More
6 years 9 months ago #292983 by FTPC
Replied by FTPC on topic American Jedi Documentry
I Wish that they could make an American Jedii 2 to see How much the Jedi Community has grown and Because Like Red Beards said "It All started to fall a part when He was knighted, and I don't think that is true
Because I watched the youtube video of AT and red beard at the KOA channel,

Joined Monday 14 January 2015 16:03 guest -
Friday, 24, January 2015, 16:03 pm member
Wednesday may /18/2016 13:04 pm. Novice -
Thursday, July/ 17//2020 time 19:42 pm - Initiate rank-
Monday 20 Jul 2020 19:43 pm Apprintace- to Wescli Wardest

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #293007 by

Alethea Thompson wrote: Yeah, that's not what I'm talking about- I mean ones that doesn't restrict to chapters. I'm talking about one that is open to all Jedi regardless of chapter or order.

Except that Chapters were SUPPOSED to be open to all. Like wardens of an area. Michigan is. We welcome anyone and everyone at any time (With fair notice of course lol) ;) somewhere down the line it turned into a "Oh, were such and such chapter yo. We do things our way."

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #293009 by

ren wrote: I had no idea Opie now espouses the ideals of jediism. I look forward to learning more about how the dark side caused him to convert.

You'll be disappointed. I am still saying, espousing, and living by the same ideals I have been for most of my time in the community. Which is not an "ism". Jedi Lifestyle, Jedi Philosophy, Jedi Circle, etc. These are terms you will hear me say, unless to clarify what Jediism means. That was asked a few times and I sought, as I always do, to be fair and diplomatic (general) about the answer. But per usual, I use language people understand and clarify that Jedi is absolutely 100% NOT my religion. Though I doubt that will make the edits and cuts. Sorry to disappoint ren.

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #293010 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic American Jedi Documentry
Not all ism's are religions. Intellectualism, rationalism etc. Or even 'realism'. Im not sure what realism means but I think its often used to denote non-religious Jediism? An easy way to unreligion it is actually to consider it short for Jedi Realism. Or not, doesn't matter. To me its just exercising an ideology, and an ideology is just a framework of thought and practise.. so quite literally not just talking and thinking, but also living and doing.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Adder.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, Kobos

More
6 years 9 months ago #293057 by Alethea Thompson
It was Opie, I believe, that coined the term "Pragmatic Jedi"

Gather at the River,
Setanaoko Oceana

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #293058 by
Just a goddamn straight up vanilla Jedi™

tzb 2017

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #293063 by ren
Replied by ren on topic American Jedi Documentry
I don't understand how jedi pragmatism helps remove or ignore "ism"s. It used to be there was an undefined "jedi way", then there was jediism for people who wanted to adopt the jedi way as their religion without falling in the same category as the "jedi for census purposes" people, while realists just saw it as a top-up for more important not-necessarily-compatible beliefs and wanted to differentiate from the Jediism crowd. And obviously a bunch of people didn't like any of it.

I always saw jediism as truer and never understood the disapproving crowd's hatred for it. Had they been more amicable I am sure some of their work would have proven influential in jediism.

My favourite jedi "documentary":

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by ren.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Br. John, , Kobos

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
6 years 9 months ago #293065 by

ren wrote: My favourite jedi "documentary":

:D brilliant.