Psychic abilites

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 6 months ago #43412 by
Replied by on topic Re: Psychic abilites
I definitely belive in psychic ability. Its just not an easy thing to prove to the scientific mind.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
12 years 6 months ago #43415 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: Psychic abilites
nothing is impossible, the term paranormal simply means"outside of normal". the question is...what is normal? the answer is different to everyone.

have i had paranormal/psychic experiences....i'd have to say yes since in nearly 20 years i have yet been able to find any other way of explaining them.

do i think it's impossible? no...if the mind can conceive it, the body can achieve it...even then just because it's in your mind doesn't make it any less real...reality is how your mind deciphers and translates what it encounters.

of course i don't think all unexplained things are paranormal/psychic...sometimes knowledge, and good logic/understanding of people and things can allow us to "calculate" the most likely outcome/occurance with a high degree of accuracy....i use that trick myself...but have been wrong with it too...like many others i often get a "feeling" about something that turns out to be right...

paranormal/psychic phenomena are certainly difficult to prove scientifically, likewise they are difficult to disprove as well....

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 6 months ago #43417 by

RyuJin wrote: paranormal/psychic phenomena are certainly difficult to prove scientifically, likewise they are difficult to disprove as well....

I'm not saying that people's opinions are wrong. But that last statement is.

The issue is to do with the Burden of Proof.

You are making a claim about being able to have psychic abilities. After you have made such a claim you then need to provide evidence for that claim. I am not the one making the claim so I don't need to disprove it. You are the one making the claim and you need to prove it.

It depends on whether or not you take the position of non-belief until proven. Or belief until dis-proven.

Personally I like to know that what someone is telling is true rather than just believing them off hand.

But what is a 'psychic experience'? Lots of you have said you've had one. But what IS one? What would you say would classify as a 'psychic experience'?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #43419 by
"Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp,
Or what's a heaven for?"

Browning :D

Sorry, that made me think of that. We may be able to brush the edges of these "paranormal" experiences, but we cannot yet explain them. And once we can, the paranormal will become the norm, and a new realm of undiscovered knowledge will open.
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by . Reason: Finish my post.

More
12 years 6 months ago #43443 by Adder
Replied by Adder on topic Re: Psychic abilites
This is a rather deep topic, but I do believe in it as I've always tried to explore that sort of thing, and I've had a couple of what I consider genuine experiences. I'm rather sceptical and I've also had half a dozen additional experiences which could have been meta-processing of the mind, or sometimes coincidences. I define supernatural as application of intentions beyond known mechanisms.

The whole concept of burden of proof is a misnomer for me because what makes them supernatural is that they are outside of known physical systems. How do you prove something which exists seemingly outside of physical existence with physical systems... the only way is by demonstrating the supernatural ability but in my experience there is a reason this doesn’t happen. Firstly I consider there to be 2 different types of psychic/supernatural modalities and they neatly fit into the concepts of the Living Force and Unifying Force. Most supernatural experiences seem occur in the persons mind as if the subconscious is more able to interact within the Force, but I don't make it happen, all I do is make myself able to receive and its up to the Unifying Force to communicate with me when it feels its necessary.

An example is one morning I had a booming voice tell me to get into the car. I do a lot of lucid dreaming and am used to having sleep paralysis now and then, so I'm pretty used to different types of sleep manifestations... but after a a couple of these connections you get used to how it feels and its really a different magnitude and order of experience. Anyway it turned out our car's battery had decided to die overnight, as a mechanic myself I know a lot about cars but the battery was working 100% the day before. Wife needed the car that lunch time for important business and because of the warning I was able to go sit in the car and found it wouldnt start in time to organize a replacement battery to be delivered. Something broke inside the battery overnight disconnecting one of the terminals.

The other aspect, I do think it might be possible to manipulate the Living Force as I have done a bit of projecting energy, and have had lots of seemingly direct coincidences manifesting in reality. You'd think this would then be more capable of being demonstrated but I'm not so sure this also is reliant upon participation by the Force itself.

An example, I have used simulation software for developing spatial intelligence for many years now, one way is flight simulation. Something like Microsoft Flight Simulator which renders the entire globe with navigation systems, accurate terrain, weather etc means you can project yourself through visualization into that space. Anyway its a fun trick to do that and see if anything happens in the real world at the locations you attempt it. Once a city had an earthquake a couple of days afterwards but I guess if you do it enough you'll get coincidences. Problem is when you start getting too many coincidences!

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
12 years 6 months ago #43448 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: Psychic abilites

Akkarin wrote:

RyuJin wrote: paranormal/psychic phenomena are certainly difficult to prove scientifically, likewise they are difficult to disprove as well....

I'm not saying that people's opinions are wrong. But that last statement is.

The issue is to do with the Burden of Proof.

You are making a claim about being able to have psychic abilities. After you have made such a claim you then need to provide evidence for that claim. I am not the one making the claim so I don't need to disprove it. You are the one making the claim and you need to prove it.

It depends on whether or not you take the position of non-belief until proven. Or belief until dis-proven.

Personally I like to know that what someone is telling is true rather than just believing them off hand.

But what is a 'psychic experience'? Lots of you have said you've had one. But what IS one? What would you say would classify as a 'psychic experience'?

No, no burden of proof exists...

It would, if we were trying to convince you, but we are not....

You, me, we, all have a belief in the Force, or God, Allah, whatever.... Without proof, how do you believe? I'm serious, I'm not being a jerk....

I'm curious that is all...

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 6 months ago #43463 by
Jestor, I appreciate what you're saying. But I am first and foremost of a scientific mind.

What I was saying was that if people claim to have psychic abilities then I will only believe them if they can provide proof of those.

My belief in The Force is fundamentally a Zen view. It is perspective and as such doesn't need to be proven.

We are all just saying our thoughts at the moment. Mixing around opinions and such.

As I said I was merely saying that I will believe psychic abilities if they can be proven.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
12 years 6 months ago #43467 by RyuJin
Replied by RyuJin on topic Re: Psychic abilites
try this: next time you have a dream, write it down in a journal....then when you have a sense of deja vu, read through the journal and see if anything matches....

i have done this 2 times...once when i was twelve and i simply passed it off as coincidence...the second time i was in the navy and had such a vivid dream that i was able to write down every detail...2 years later i was pulling up to a fair with my friends(one i had never been to before) and had a sense of deja vu...i was able to tell them where everything was located, giving exact details, later that night i read through the journal and showed them as proof.

since then i've had countless occurances of deja vu that have been spot on.

my family has learned to trust what i say when i make predictions.

many times at night i hear the kitchen cabinets opening and closing, my first reaction is to look for my dog to make sure it isn't her, which to date has never been her...

at least twice a week i find things in places i did not place them and since i don't dust there should be fingerprints if someone moved them yet there are never any prints....

some nights when i try to go to sleep i hear music playing very faintly...so i get up and try to track down where it's coming from, i've even gone as far as unplugging my alarm clock and as soon as i try to go to sleep again i hear the music...i'm the only one that seems to hear it...

i'm not one to go believing everything just to believe, i always try to find an answer that makes sense to my logical side first...i know all about audio/visual matrixing etc...i use matrixing alot to pass the time in the bathroom(faces in floor tiles etc.)

i'll end with a philosophical quote: "just because it's happening in your head, it doesn't mean it's any less real"

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
12 years 6 months ago #43468 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re: Psychic abilites
Sure Akkarin, my tone is always inquisitive and polite, I hope you took it that way....;)

As to my post, I won't speak for the others...

You know what a "second" is, a "right-hand man", "assistant", right?

Imagine a guy, who walks into a situation, and in a somewhat unreasonable amount of time, he knows what is needed before it is asked for....

Knows what you want before you ask...

Knows how you feel before you say....

This is me....

Am I reading body language?
Do I understand the situation,and know what is needed next?
Am I picking up some feeling, vibration, or a currently an undetectable signal in the air? Akin to what McTaggart says in "The Field"?

I don't know either....

I do know I have this tendency to walk into a given situation, and in a short amount of time, become the number two guy...

Sometimes, it really ticks off the other guys, and I don't mean for it to... But I wonder, how do they not know that:

-The boss needs a wrench...
-The co-worker has a problem...
-That most likely, this is the plan, so this is what we should do....

As we all experience the world slightly differently....

So, who is to say, maybe I'm just more observant than they are... maybe....

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
The following user(s) said Thank You: RyuJin

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 6 months ago #43503 by
I can relate strongly with Jestor's last post as I have had many similar instances myself. That kind of advanced intuition also seems to run strongly in my family.

Perhaps in some way we are simply more in tune with "the field" than most giving us a sort of advanced knowledge only because we have learned how to interpret that information. For me it is almost like a sixth sense. I feel what happens next rather than trying to consciously deduce it.

Because I am not that experienced in meditation I have no way of testing my theory but perhaps other abilities are linked to this feeling of things. Rather than trying to will something to move we may be able to allow ourselves to feel it moving and transfer that energy into the object. Spiritual healers have been quoted as saying they focus on feeling the disease leave their patient.

I for one firmly believe that psychic abilities are very real and that we as a species have simply forgotten how to use them. Stonehenge and other monolithic constructions would be a lot easier to construct with the use of telekinesis for example. A bigger question is whether or not someone can learn to use these abilities or if you need to be born with an affinity towards them.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi