Psychic abilites

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 8 months ago #4107 by
Psychic abilites was created by
I thought this might be a good place to post this. I haven't seen any articles yet that touch on the subject of psychic abilities so thought i would put something about it here.

Steps

Meditate(http://www.wikihow.com/Meditate). ~ Experiment with various techniques until you find one that feels right for you. Remember, there is no right way or wrong way to perform meditation. It is only important that you are able to relax and focus your mind. If you continue the practice of meditation for any length of time, you will begin to notice the existence of your own spiritual energy. It is the connection to your spiritual self which provides intuitive information. Strengthening the connection to your spiritual self will result in an increase of your psychic abilities.

Try to be more aware of your surroundings. ~ Upon waking in the morning, make an effort to lie still for a few minutes without opening your eyes. Try to notice as many sounds, textures and smells as possible before you decide to open your eyes. This exercise if carried out for several weeks can greatly help to increase your levels of awareness and intuition.

Listen(http://www.wikihow.com/Listen). ~ The act of listening is important in increasing psychic awareness, after continuing this exercise for some time you will begin to notice an increase in your overall awareness which affects your level of intuition.

Pay attention to random thoughts and feelings. ~ Keep a journal handy at all times and try to write down those thoughts that seem to come out of nowhere. You may notice after a while that patterns tend to emerge. Thoughts that previously seemed completely random and unconnected begin to form themes or recognizable ideas.

Record your dreams in your journal. ~ If you have been following the awareness exercise outlined above you will have noticed that your dreams are much easier to recall. Allowing yourself a few minutes to be still upon waking makes it much easier to remember dreams and with more detail, than if you rush out of bed in the morning and hurry to start the day. Try setting your alarm clock to wake you up ten or fifteen minutes before your normal waking time. Give yourself some time to remember your dreams and make a few quick notes in your journal.

Tips
These simple exercises can have dramatic results if practiced regularly. These steps are just a few of the many techniques available for increasing your psychic ability. There are many other methods to choose from. In your search for information regarding psychic development, it is important to be wary of any methods which declare that psychic abilities are the result of external forces, or any teachings which insist that psychic powers are anything other than a natural human ability.
In order to develop true psychic abilities, you have to believe in your self. You also have to fully believe in the thing itself. Doubt will lead to failure.
Your purpose must be righteous. If you have evil or wrong intentions, you will feel nothing. You need a pure heart and a understanding of things and people.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 11 months ago #13254 by
Replied by on topic Re:Psychic abilites
I have found that using the \"Psi Whee\" is a good method for testing ones strength in the force. Its simple and really easy to make. Take a small square peice of paper with the sides no more than two inches. Then get a needle put it through a eraser or peice of rubber. Fold the piece of paper down the corner so it can be folded into a pyramid shape. Once thats done balance the paper on the needle. Then try to spin it with the force.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 11 months ago #13819 by
to try and eliminate outside influences such as draughts, electrostatic, sound etc energy from moving the wheel, giving false reading, put na plastic or glass bowl over the set up (has to be big enough to allow free movement of the wheel) or even better, an airtight 'tupperware' container

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 9 months ago #15823 by
The OP makes good points on raising your awareness and building greater understanding of your surroundings by slowing down and guiding your senses.

However, I'm somewhat unclear on the nature of the 'psychic powers' in question. What is it exactly that you believe that you can do?

Telepathy?
Telekinesis?
Precognition?
Psychic-Healing?

I'm also curious to find out what the stance of the temple is toward these so-called abilities.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 9 months ago #15824 by
Well... having spent a bit of time on various sites for such matters (Psipog and the like), I'm inclined to believe that it is possible - I just haven't had the focus and drive to actually sit down and do any of the exercises. :laugh:

But, regarding abilities...

Telepathy, yes.
Psychokinesis, yes.
Precognition... to a certain extent.
Psychic healing... eh, I'm still up in the air on that one.

There are others, of course. Clairvoyance and clairaudience follow in with telepathy and precognition under the umbrella term ESP (extrasensory perception, basically including anything beyond the five senses that allows for heightened awareness), while pretty much any form of manipulation via Psi, Chi, the Force, or whatever you want to call it, is usually some variation of Psychokinesis.

I do not profess to be an expert on the subject, I only know it in theory... but if I can actually manage to meditate for more than two minutes, I'd love to build up the concentration do work on these things.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 9 months ago #15826 by
It's interesting to me as well but from a skeptical viewpoint.

I'm just wondering if there has been any Jedi here who makes claim that they have such abilities and can demonstrate them or if they are largely symbolic in nature.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 9 months ago #15828 by
Well, yes, I've always had what I call a \"scientific mindset.\" I like to keep an open mind, and a healthy skepticism. :laugh:

I'd love to see some demonstrations too. :)

More
15 years 9 months ago #15846 by Garm
Replied by Garm on topic Re:Psychic abilites
While I do not normally exhibit any abilities I did experience a pronounced ‘lousy’ feeling yesterday as I was sitting down at my desk to have lunch. It as accompanied with a clear thought of the Temples' forum page in my mind’s eye…thus I logged on and behold, there was something going on… :side:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
15 years 9 months ago #15862 by
Garm wrote:

While I do not normally exhibit any abilities I did experience a pronounced ‘lousy’ feeling yesterday as I was sitting down at my desk to have lunch. It as accompanied with a clear thought of the Temples' forum page in my mind’s eye…thus I logged on and behold, there was something going on… :side:

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or legititmately are trying to describe a 'psychic' experience.

Assuming you are being sincere I would say that this is just chance or coincidence. More or less as you are a regular on this forum you think about the forum. More or less things bad and good have happened in the past. So, today they sync'd up for you. That's hardly a supernatural event. Your sour stomach could have just been the need to eat.

Nothing to see here folks.

I would, really like it though if we could see some true expamples of measurable phoenomena if it claim of the Jedi Religion that they exist.

More
15 years 9 months ago #15864 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re:Psychic abilites
Nowhere in our Doctrine do we speak of these types of powers one way or the other. As for personal experiences it's a good topic.

Founder of The Order

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi