Jedi do not smoke.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #252895 by
Replied by on topic Jedi do not smoke.
What if quitting cigarettes, and therefore thinking a tiny bit more highly of yourself, is a small step towards being happier?

I say that as both someone who has beaten major addiction, and who admittedly now smokes. When it comes to giving something up, there's always a reason not to, always a better time. Except there isn't - there's now, or that endless vista called "some other time".

Whatever you choose, you are 21 days better off than you would have been :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #252899 by
I take the "21 day off" option for now. j-D

Smoking is tied to a different front and I'll go there now.

Thanks everybody! Your tough love gets extra kudos!
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by .

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #252904 by
@AveryR1988
@Jutus
@Khaos

I am sorry that I let you down.

I'm not a Jedi, then, until I prove otherwise - not because of this health challenge, but because I've set a bad example.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #252909 by

den385 wrote: @AveryR1988
@Jutus
@Khaos

I'm not a Jedi, then, until I prove otherwise - not because of this health challenge, but because I've set a bad example.

It is a hard battle and I have seen many fight it. Some win and some lose. All anyone can ask for is your best. learning to go without such a defining thing as smoking, is like learning to walk. It is normal to stumble. But not trying again is worse. If you ever try to stop smoking again, no matter how long it takes... then this is just a stumble. The more it hurts and the harder it is, shows how strong you are to endure it. Even a failed attempt is still an attempt and thus a good example in my opinion. But that opinion comes with the stipulation that you find the strength to continue fighting this battle. We know it takes time for someone to recover from a fall. So while we might be hard on you please keep in mind that we are not heartless and judging you... just trying to help you find the motivation to continue this fight.

We really do care.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago #252918 by

den385 wrote: @AveryR1988
@Jutus
@Khaos

I will be clicking subscribe on this thread. I saw your journey (though only glimpses) and know that you are not weak. You will get back to this struggle. I hope you don't wait a full year. And, as was stated before, it's not for me to say if you are or aren't Jedi. That's between you and The Force. I hope you are able to tackle this again. Even if it's only for a day. That's still an entire day of success! May the Force be with you!

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #252921 by
An example has been set.

I've PM-ed Jestor to delete my account. I've left Jedi meditation group at insight timer app.

From now on and until I am ready to reforge my oath, I leave the Order, and lay down the name Jedi concerning myself in any context. That is the only honorable thing to do right now.

I will participate at forum as a guest and I'm available at
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

My idea is if we treat our oaths lightly and allow such things go without consequences, we take the stones from our Temple and we destroy our own spirit.

Let this thread exemplify responsibility of a Jedi and the meaning of the oath.

More
7 years 8 months ago #253440 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Jedi do not smoke.
I am new to the forum and on that perhaps my words carry no weight, none the less I offer them for your consideration -

I don't see self imposed exile as a solution to anything.

By removing yourself from values and a community you hold relevant to yourself, you are removing yourself from the burden of failing them.

Forgive the masculine, I'm not interested in ruining a quote for the sake of fashionable terms of address and gender roles -

The Marlboro Man wrote: "If you lose, stand up straight and tall, and walk like a man."

The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi,

More
7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #253500 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Jedi do not smoke.

den385 wrote: An example has been set.

I've PM-ed Jestor to delete my account. I've left Jedi meditation group at insight timer app.

From now on and until I am ready to reforge my oath, I leave the Order, and lay down the name Jedi concerning myself in any context. That is the only honorable thing to do right now.

I will participate at forum as a guest and I'm available at
Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

My idea is if we treat our oaths lightly and allow such things go without consequences, we take the stones from our Temple and we destroy our own spirit.

Let this thread exemplify responsibility of a Jedi and the meaning of the oath.

holy crap i cant believe i didnt see this until now

den you goof! a jedi isnt someone who always accomplishes a goal the first time they set out to accomplish it, a jedi is someone who keeps going even when they have been knocked down

success is the thing that happens after pushing through a thousand failures

im just going to be straight up buddy, you ran with the wrong part of the message! (let this be a lesson to those who want to motivate others also)

i appreciate this gesture youre making here, but this isnt the kind of commitment we need in Jedi

youre choosing to die here, in a way

you could choose to live
living is harder - we have to eat our words sometimes, we have to face public failure, and much much worse: sometimes we lose EVERYTHING

but these things temper us, like steel in the forge

choosing to die is what we do any time we feel overwhelmed and decide that we have been defeated

choosing to live means choosing to keep going even when we feel like we are failing

there are times when theres just nothing in the tank, or where we really have no control or options - what we do in these times is SURVIVE and ENDURE, even though we cant conquer AT THE MOMENT

it seems like youre choosing to die, rather than to live, or even to just survive/endure

now, obviously if you really think this is the right thing to do, then you have to do it, but whenever you decide that its ok to not be perfect, and that the right thing to do next is to get back up, hold your head high, and start back in the forward direction, let it be ok to do that! (hint: RIGHT NOW would be good)

you are an important part of this community; be an example NOW, and represent JEDI by not running away

People are complicated.
Last edit: 7 years 8 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jestor, Brick,

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
7 years 8 months ago #253504 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Jedi do not smoke.
Den and I are still talking...

He has decided to just take a sabbatical, and has not left for good, if I understand right...

Time will tell...

Attachment hd89b856.JPG not found

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi,

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #255211 by
Failing and then "taking time off" from trying by continuing the addict behavior is actively training yourself to fail over and over. If you really wanted to quit you'd get up and do it again immediately.

Losing one fight doesn't lose the war unless you decide it does. If I'm disappointed in anything, it's that you ran away the first time there was a snag.

Come back. Do it again. Now.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by .

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi