Whatever Happened to the Knights?

More
4 years 7 months ago #342528 by Kobos
So, as an apprentice or whatever rank really what can we do to build this environment independent of the councils actions?

Sorry I know you are taking a lot of questions again thank you for indulging me.

Much Love,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jhannuzs Ian

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #342530 by steamboat28
As apprentices, you can keep your knights accountable.
As initiates, you can ask questions, especially when you feel a ruling or action is unfair.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Kobos, Jhannuzs Ian

More
4 years 7 months ago #342533 by Kobos
Thank you Steam! This was an excellent conversation please weigh in some more if and when you come up with anything else!

Any other Knights up to have a discussion?

Much Love,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Brick, Jhannuzs Ian

More
4 years 7 months ago #342535 by Jhannuzs Ian
Any perception about the quantity and quality of human values of all the posts is valid...

I propose that the action of feeding/reply the posts will be disabled from the website as an experiment of a couple of months or indefinitely. Because "Fighting in a forum" could be a distraction from an individual progress.

Knowing how to debate ideas is important, I agree, but if "statistics shows" that it is a distraction from individual progress, then learning the rhetoric of the debate could be left to closed rooms to people who do not take things personally, but at same way only admit people who respect and direct dialogues to build harmony, this is a Jedi website temple.

Closing the "activity to reply", could help that each person would focus on their own challenges, Jedi progress, journals, readings or inner development with the IP. The quality focus between teachers and apprentices will increase too. Instead of debating the debates about what the "newspaper at the main door of the TOTJO" brings to the spotlight towards the TOTJO "content statistics".

Behind the labels of Apprentices or Knights,
Humans we are, not just this dusty keyboards

โ™ช โ™ซ โ™ช
Jedi Master: Rosalyn J
Focus, discipline, integriteit, kennis en licht
IP โ€ข Apprenticeship โ€ข Blauwe Vuurtoren โ€ข Meditation โ€ข Old Bdiv โ€ข New Bdiv
My code:
The Force is all, I choose my Focus
Life includes suffering, I am Resilient
The Force include my imagination, I extract Wisdom and Harmony
Life includes adversity, I obtain Knowledge
I respect your Life, lets revitalize our Force while breathing
The following user(s) said Thank You: J. K. Barger, Kobos

More
4 years 7 months ago #342538 by Amaya

Jhannuzs Ian wrote: Any perception about the quantity and quality of human values of all the posts is valid...

I propose that the action of feeding/reply the posts will be disabled from the website as an experiment of a couple of months or indefinitely. Because "Fighting in a forum" could be a distraction from an individual progress.

Knowing how to debate ideas is important, I agree, but if "statistics shows" that it is a distraction from individual progress, then learning the rhetoric of the debate could be left to closed rooms to people who do not take things personally, but at same way only admit people who respect and direct dialogues to build harmony, this is a Jedi website temple.

Closing the "activity to reply", could help that each person would focus on their own challenges, Jedi progress, journals, readings or inner development with the IP. The quality focus between teachers and apprentices will increase too. Instead of debating the debates about what the "newspaper at the main door of the TOTJO" brings to the spotlight towards the TOTJO "content statistics".

Behind the labels of Apprentices or Knights,
Humans we are, not just this dusty keyboards

I actually don't agree with this. There will always be things we take personally but isn't that an opportunity to grow and learn, however we engage in the forums it is a chance to choose how to act. Step back, think, or even not engage in certain threads.
Self control
Self regulation
We choose to participate and we personally choose to continue to learn or be distracted.
If we cut of the forums in a sense to all but a select few what exactly would we learn from that?
It's us that feed these threads... or us that let them die
We have a choice and ร s adults should be choosing wisely.

Everything is belief
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, J. K. Barger, Kobos, Brick, Jhannuzs Ian

More
4 years 7 months ago #342547 by Jhannuzs Ian
@Elizabeth

Hi Elizabeth, all your reasons won me, I withdraw my proposal, I was too drastic

โ™ช โ™ซ โ™ช
Jedi Master: Rosalyn J
Focus, discipline, integriteit, kennis en licht
IP โ€ข Apprenticeship โ€ข Blauwe Vuurtoren โ€ข Meditation โ€ข Old Bdiv โ€ข New Bdiv
My code:
The Force is all, I choose my Focus
Life includes suffering, I am Resilient
The Force include my imagination, I extract Wisdom and Harmony
Life includes adversity, I obtain Knowledge
I respect your Life, lets revitalize our Force while breathing
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, Kobos

More
4 years 7 months ago #342627 by Tellahane
I can only check in every so often between my full time ambulance and I'm also covering for two others during the paramedic shortage in Illinois so I'm quite busy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, , rugadd, J. K. Barger, Amaya, Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos, Brick

More
4 years 7 months ago #342628 by Brick

Tellahane wrote: I can only check in every so often between my full time ambulance and I'm also covering for two others during the paramedic shortage in Illinois so I'm quite busy.

Glad to see you're still here Tom :)

Apprentice to Maitre Chevalier Jedi Alexandre Orion

Moderator | Welcome Team | IP Team

IP Journal | IP Journal 2 | AP Journal | Open Journal

'The only contest any of us should be engaged in is with ourselves, to be better than yesterday'

- Knight Senan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #342670 by RyuJin
I still pop in a few times a week, not nearly as often as i'd like to nor as nearly often as i used to. Working 80 hours a week takes a toll...

Nice to see you back liz :)

Trust me i do see all the gripes etc that get submitted, and i agree with a good many of them. Unfortunately we are so short staffed these days it's difficult to get to everything timely enough and with personality clashes etc `\_ :( _/ยด there's only 4 of us in council now with carlos being the most visible....when we take action, we then get accused of being too authoritative etc...damned if we do, damned if we don't...even in council we don't always unanimously agree on things and have to constantly make sure we don't allow personal biases to influence decisions...

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:
Warning: Spoiler!

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by RyuJin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , rugadd, Amaya, Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos, Brick

More
4 years 7 months ago #342719 by Adder
Elephants need a lot of space, and the ones in this room are ren and Br John's 'management' style :D
It is their website though, so 'buyer beware' as they say.
Knights didn't have anything to carry their motivation out of Knighthood, as the Degree Scheme never really grew from where it was when I joined 8 years ago. So keen folk just found themselves floating around trying to help until getting burned by circumstance and deciding it wasn't worth there time. One could classify that as 'growing out of something' if they didn't have the vision to see the potential of that something to grow - but change management is hard work, and stagnation is much easier (organizationally speaking).
As for myself, I'm offline doing offline stuff, and not having a cell phone or computer at the moment means I get on rarely.

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Amaya, Carlos.Martinez3, Tellahane, Kobos, Brick, Rex, forestjedi

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi