The Block

More
2 years 7 months ago #362809 by Carlos.Martinez3
Replied by Carlos.Martinez3 on topic The Block
Blind Hate

There is an endemic idea out there that can be combated by deeds, and choices. Blind hate lets you hate someone without even knowing their name or anything about them personally. Pastor Carlos here with a few tips on how; as Jedi, we can combat what is blind hate today in our every day lives.

"Who are you ...who who....I've gotta know ...."
This is a line from a band called The Who and the idea is this... details. Find out more.

Blind hate doesn't ever have specifics just general ideas and broad blanket actions. Blind hate dwells and festers inside without facts or specifics. It is a inside thing. To combat things inside, you can reflect. You can change the outcome by changing the in...coming.

Blind Hate is everywhere even on this very site. No one is immune to it....
There is no vaccine we can take to rid us of Blind Hate, only deeds, if we choose. To combat blind hate, see more. Ask more and find out.
Seek and you will find... what you cannot see.
There is so much more past blind hate in a path.
Happy seeking
May the Force be with y'all this week
Pastor Carlos

Pastor of Temple of the Jedi Order
pastor@templeofthejediorder.org
Build, not tear down.
Nosce te ipsum / Cerca trova
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, River, Vincent Causse, Devi Ruh

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #362814 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic The Block
"ask more to find out"

To ask, a universal way to open one's eyes. Even to those whom you have ascribed your hatred should you ask, perhaps a discussion begins and from there you see the person. And from there hatred is no longer blind a step towards love.

just 2 cents,
Love, respect and peace,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Serenity Amyntas

More
2 years 6 months ago #363007 by Kobos
Replied by Kobos on topic The Block
I'm gonna drop into the block today and write a little something I have been experiencing, maybe you folks out there my neighbors have been feeling something similar once in a while.

You ever eat people's pain. Do you know what I mean by that, to sit and listen to others going through brutal times in their life, to absorb that and then feel it yourself? Does it sit within you too? As Jedi we seek to counsel more than to be consoled but in the modern Jedi's mind what does that really mean?

There is a light inside you, it your heart that shines no matter how much shade you let in, or however many layers you try to paint over it. How do we as modern Jedi foster this light? Obviously we often fall back to meditation and clearing our minds to do that. It is one of the first steps of out learning. But when we get further than that what do you do?

Maybe I am writing this on the block because I need some help carving away a few of my layers. And once upon a time, and more recently I found a little help from our neighbors might be a good option to clean our own yards.

Much love to you all,
Kobos

What has to come ? Will my heart grow numb ?
How will I save the world ? By using my mind like a gun
Seems a better weapon, 'cause everybody got heat
I know I carry mine, since the last time I got beat
MF DOOM Books of War

Training Masters: Carlos.Martinez3 and JLSpinner
TB:Nakis
Knight of the Conclave
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Vincent Causse, Serenity Amyntas

More
2 years 6 months ago #363012 by Carlos.Martinez3
Any encouragement is allowed her friend.

This season is time for the cardigans. I've got my favorites ready. One of the joys for me about growing old is I no longer have to buy new jackets or coats. The mornings are chilly here but get warm about noon-time and do not quite yet stay cold. I got my cardigan game ready and my sweater game down too.
Seasons come and go and some can be ... prepared for.

In our path there are seasons and times. There are times to begin things and time to end things and there are even sometimes to bow out or get put in. Sometimes it can range from studying up to getting something new.
I want to encourage every Jedi today and this week to think bout this, What do you do to get ready for the changes in life? Do we notice them? What are they ? Are you alone in your changes? Do you have help?

It is my hope everyday that we know our own questions and have our own answers to these questions.
Are you ready for the chill? Winter is coming as so are the changing of the seasons in nature and maybe in some paths. Happy seeking and may the Force be with y'all.

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Vincent Causse

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
2 years 6 months ago #363013 by
Replied by on topic The Block
Eating people's pain is a good way to put it. I feel like a frog most days. Toxicity has a habit of taking control of me tho. Maybe it's genetic, or maybe I just make bad decisions. I do posses a rather unruly desire to be helpful when it is not helpful.

More
2 years 6 months ago #363134 by Carlos.Martinez3
I hope and trust your weekend was well. This week I would love to bring the word "keep" to light. The word "keep" is used many different ways. There is a magic in the word "keep" that I can only describe in part, my own part. It has it's part in almost everyone's life.

What we keep.

We are the only ones who can choose what we keep for our us. No one else can.
I have worked in the dirt most my life and I am ok with that. Some day I shall work for my family the way I worked for others. The time is shorty arriving. In that time of learning, I had a farmer tell me every day to "Check the keep Carlus" What was meant by that was to check on the items we were working on that day specifically. If we were driving and hauling, check the truck and machinery. Check gas and equipment. If we were planting, check planters and things that we used to plant. It meant to check on the thing we used today. What was at hand.

Hey Jedi, check your keep ? Have you checked on the things you have been actively doing or seeking? Where are you keeping the things you find?

Better still, what do you do with all the things we find when we find them? (My best Yoda voice) Hmmmmm??? Hmmmmm????

Take some time this week to check your keep Jedi, whats in your wallet - or whats in your heart and mind and soul???
What do you keep?
Why......

May the FORCE be with you Jedi!

Pastor Carlos
Say the name any way you like, just dont call me late for lunch !
Happy seeking

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Diana W, Vincent Causse

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #363282 by Carlos.Martinez3
Our Problems have a first name....?

Good day, This morning finds me here chatting with those workers who were scheduled to work on the road by my home today. Turns out, they began super early this morning. They began to arrive and began at 7 am on the dot. The trucks they are using are loud. Yea, I am not a morning person at all. What a grouchy way to start this week, so I poured them coffee. Turns out, they had no idea about me or my way of life. Nope. I dawned on me, most times in my life some of my problems are not directly here for me. Morning mayhem isnt specifically for Carlos, no no, it is just morning mayhem at times. There are sometimes in our path and walks that things happen and its just because well, not because of us.

One of the best examples of this very thing is rain.

Rain

Who takes the blame for rain? Who can? So there is no malice or even intent when it rains. It's time to rain. What we do in the rain, thats up to us.

In our paths and reflections and journeys, can we tell the difference between the rain and the sun and one another or is it all just me verses the world every day every time? I can tell you from experience, that, that type of idea of fighting all the time gets exhaustive, any type of constant conflict needs a break for growth. Growth takes time we do not understand till we are in it.

Our THREE Tenets are Focus Knowledge and Wisdom

Wisdom is the sound application of accrued knowledge and experience through patient, good judgment.

That's gunna take some time. Figuring out what is what and which end is up, is something I will be doing for the rest of my life. Finding out that some things are just part of the Force can help you realize that some woes are not woes at all but people who are ready to work waaaaaaay earlier than you/me somedays.
This week I want to encourage you to give your problems a name...
Han learned to call his beast in the pit by ITS first name.... well he did not actually call him that but you get the point. Sometimes things turn out entirely different when we add the personal touch. How do you change things in your path and life, give em a name or a personal touch. It may be that one thing that can change the outcome, if you so choose. Sometimes that thing every one fears and doesn't understand, is the one that cry's and cares for you the most...till the very end. Imagine what could happen if we gave The Beast in our own paths, hope. ??
Something to think about this week Jedi
Pastor Carlos

Attachment Screenshot_20211011-085859_Discord.jpg not found

Build, not tear down.
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Carlos.Martinez3.

More
2 years 6 months ago #363419 by Carlos.Martinez3
Good week Temple and happy Monday

This week I want to bring to light the wind powered ships. As a old salt dog myself I laughed out loud like a fool at the fact that we now have wind powered ships. I thought it was funny in that we already have sail ships since we could write. Then I saw the specifications. WOW.

Some ideas are not new and some ideas are flat out a old idea. The Hero's Journey is a old idea in which we as humans share a similar plot at times. We share our findings and paths. Here, we mentor. That is not a new idea. In our path - this week- notice the old things made new. They are there. Some of us even tell the old stories anew. For those who need it, keep going and keep telling the same story. Keep it up. For those seeking it, you WILL find it. Seek and you will find. That is one of the joys of this type of reflective journey, you find your own past and mentors on it. It can very easily lead you to the past and some old stuff.... Think about it. Old tech for new ideas- bring on the fresh, from the past !! Happy seeking and May the Force be with you
Pastor Carlos

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Vincent Causse, Serenity Amyntas

More
2 years 5 months ago #363711 by Carlos.Martinez3
Remember

Good day Jedi and friends.

These seasons have flow. No flow is more evident than that of the time to remember. The seasons pause before they change. Even in our calendars, it reminds us to remember and take time to remember.
We self reflect here and share. What we do is really remember. We recall. How we react to what we find can be one hundred percent on us and a path we may need to take with a drop of caution.
Real Talk
Holiday times are not Joyous and Triumphant for every one. Some times reflections hurt. Please take time this year and season to reflect. Also remember that in the seek of things, something's we find, may let anger hang out as well. It is real. Have a seat for the anger as well. Sometimes, just being able to have a space is all you need to grow.
Remember where you have been and remember where you are now. Let the seasons and the Force guide you. Same time, remember some things can hurt too. Pack accordingly.

Pastor Carlos

Build, not tear down.

More
2 years 5 months ago #364248 by Carlos.Martinez3
Peace

The Creed states this

I am a Jedi, an instrument of peace;

Where there is hatred I shall bring love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, joy.

I am a Jedi.

I shall never seek so much to be consoled as to console;
To be understood as to understand;
To be loved as to love;
For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
And it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

The Force is with me always, for I am a Jedi.

Creed adopted from the Prayer of St. Francis of Assisi, author unknown, 1915.

"I shall bring.."
If you read or recite the Creed like this, one could see a bit more...

I shall be the bringer of Love
I shall be the bringer of Pardon
I shall be the bringer of Faith
I shall be the bringer of Hope
I shall be the bringer of Light
I shall be the bringer of Joy
even more....
I keep Love for giving
I keep Pardon for giving
I keep Faith for giving
I keep Hope for giving
I keep Light for giving
I keep Joy for giving
Does this change the way we see the Creed? I hope so.
This week, we can be the bringers of peace as much as anything else. By keeping peace, we can give it. Keep it and give it. Some days, if it were not for the giving of others, I would have gotten what I deserved. Need a change? Be the change you need. Be the "what ever it is" for some one else. Woahhhhhhhhhh.... what a concept. Or you can carry one too, that ok too. For those who seek a change or even just something new, try keeping a few of these things for those who need it. There is a magic in things like this and there is a grace that dwells in flow of things like this too. Virtues begets virtue.
Something to think about this week friends and Jedi
May the Force be with y'all!
Pastor Carlos

Build, not tear down.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, Diana W, River

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi