Is TOTJO inclusive or Exclusive is this a plus or a minus

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #185449 by
Brenna and Edan

Brenna Your claim that many totjo members are out in the community. If two lurkers count as many members here at totjo then either your math skills or poor or that totjo has lost more members then I thought.

Edan
Sorry for being rude and thank you for your first reply. I am glad to see that you are enjoying what you are learning here and your teacher is a wonderful person that i am looking forward to reconnecting with. To your question the answer has already been provided in part. The part that shows totjo members simply posting links to totjo which as i said before could be considered member poaching from a strict since of the word. The second part is from things I have learned from inside totjos on walls and posts. Lessons i learned from a once strong Master and leader of totjo. However as some have issues with said master being discussed I will be unable to go further into that aspect. So lets focus on the first at least for now. I do see value in totjo, however that value is like a book. The book only has value when it is opened in read. If people truly wish to have a part within a community then being a shut in will not benefit that person or the world around them.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #185450 by
So... you don't have examples? Of when TotJO was advertised to other groups.

More
9 years 1 month ago #185451 by Rosalyn J
My home is Temple of the Jedi Order

I have also been a part of Force Academy (even serving as a student rep for a time) and the Institute of Jedi Realist Studies.

As well I am a member of various communities on Facebook.

Many people have also come here being members at other sites.

I try my best to branch out as much as possible.

I think its very important that inclusivity and exclusivity be understood at an individual level. In my opinion, TOTJO is inclusive and it values people going out and learning where they can. But this must also be understood at an individual level. PEOPLE make the decision to engage with only TOTJO or choose to expand, but its never all or nothing.

I hope this makes sense. Its rather late

Pax Per Ministerium
[img

The following user(s) said Thank You: , steamboat28, Amaya, a67

• Brenna
  • User
  • User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
9 years 1 month ago #185452 by Brenna

MJ Hannigan wrote: Brenna and Edan

Brenna Your claim that many totjo members are out in the community. If two lurkers count as many members here at totjo then either your math skills or poor or that totjo has lost more members then I thought.

Two lurkers? You mean the two members who were actively participating in your original discussion? I think Alethea may not thank you for calling her a lurker that doesnt participate in the community :D

Not to mention the totjo members who you met, physically, in person, at gatherings.

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #185453 by

Akkarin wrote: So... you don't have examples? Of when TotJO was advertised to other groups.

Michael I do not recall that question being asked as of yet so I will forgive your rudeness and I will certainly give you one example that happened in the past 24 hours.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/churchofjediism/10155397529550578/?comment_id=10155403070895578¬if_t=like

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #185454 by

Edan wrote:

MJ Hannigan wrote: One could argue that by just posting links to new Jedi within the community is member poaching, which according to my old inbox is something that TOTJO discourages here but seems to encourage TOTJO members to do at other groups.

Examples?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #185455 by

Brenna wrote:

MJ Hannigan wrote: Brenna and Edan

Two lurkers? You mean the two members who were actively participating in your original discussion? I think Alethea may not thank you for calling her a lurker that doesnt participate in the community :D

Not to mention the totjo members who you met, physically, in person, at gatherings.

It appears that once again we are having communication issues. A lurker is a person who has accounts at groups or forums but does not play a active role at said group or forum. So to answer your question yes my statement still holds true.

I can think of 3 totjo members and one former totjo member that i have met in person. I hold respect for 1 of the 3 members i met and the other well to be fair I will not tell tails outside of school about the other 2.

As it pertain to Allie to be honest she is a FA member all the way, but a great ambassitor of FA through the Jedi Realist community as a whole. I shall use your jib and use her as a example. Allie is a active part within the Jedi Realist community. she holds a great deal of respect at many communities. FA may be where she hangs her hat, however she travels often and posts her thoughts to groups/forums often and does not just post links to FA to get people to join that site.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #185456 by

Akkarin wrote:

Edan wrote:

MJ Hannigan wrote: One could argue that by just posting links to new Jedi within the community is member poaching, which according to my old inbox is something that TOTJO discourages here but seems to encourage TOTJO members to do at other groups.

Examples?

Perhaps you missed the post just above the one i quoted.

More
9 years 1 month ago #185457 by Adder

MJ Hannigan wrote: https://www.facebook.com/groups/churchofjediism/10155397529550578/?comment_id=10155403070895578¬if_t=like

Sigh..... haters going to hate, and there be some hating on TOTJO in that facebook thread :S :lol: :angry:

I'm a member there too actually, and can see why I don't post much B)

Knight ~ introverted extropian, mechatronic neurothealogizing, technogaian buddhist. Likes integration, visualization, elucidation and transformation.
Jou ~ Deg ~ Vlo ~ Sem ~ Mod ~ Med ~ Dis
TM: Grand Master Mark Anjuu
The following user(s) said Thank You: a67

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 1 month ago #185458 by

Rosalyn J wrote: My home is Temple of the Jedi Order

I have also been a part of Force Academy (even serving as a student rep for a time) and the Institute of Jedi Realist Studies.

As well I am a member of various communities on Facebook.

Many people have also come here being members at other sites.

I try my best to branch out as much as possible.

I think its very important that inclusivity and exclusivity be understood at an individual level. In my opinion, TOTJO is inclusive and it values people going out and learning where they can. But this must also be understood at an individual level. PEOPLE make the decision to engage with only TOTJO or choose to expand, but its never all or nothing.

I hope this makes sense. Its rather late

Roz
Thank you for your response. I am sad that you will not be at the next Jedi Gathering. I was very glad that I met you at this past gathering and I still find it funny that a search party was sent out to find us after our long walk in jackson MI.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi