• User
    Registered
  • I hear your voice on the wind, and I hear you call out my name
More
9 years 3 months ago #178051 by Brenna
Replied by Brenna on topic Rants far and wide
I hate that I cry when I'm overwhelmed.

Walking, stumbling on these shadowfeet

Part of the seduction of most religions is the idea that if you just say the right things and believe really hard, your salvation will be at hand.

With Jediism. No one is coming to save you. You have to get off your ass and do it yourself - Me
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28, Rosalyn J

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #178053 by
Replied by on topic Rants far and wide
I like that I tear up at silly parts of movies and that i can cry and not give a loose moose butt juice what anyone says. anyone who belittles you for crying isn't worth the swine scat they are printed on.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #178189 by
I can't grow a very good mustache. After a month it looks okay but it obviously will never be Nick Offerman or Tom Selleck quality. :(

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #178318 by
One of the most frustrating things about working at a bank is that people hate it when doing stuff with their money is difficult for them but they also get super mad if their money or information gets stolen. People don't always understand that when we ask for their ID or set up higher security on our website or block suspicious debit card activity it's for their safety. Then the people who had bad stuff happen to them yell at us for not having enough security protocols. I was once yelled at for both of those reasons literally within the same hour. Technology is making it worse. People want to be able to do stuff over the phone or on line without being questioned about who they are or why they're doing it but would be very upset if we let someone who isn't them do those things with their money.

As a customer I understand the frustration, but I wish people would be a little bit more understanding. Honestly I'd prefer that they be grateful. I love when people thank me for asking for their ID. I write 'ask for ID' on the back of all of my debit/credit cards so I make sure to thank people who ask for mine.

The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. People just seem to hate vigilance.

More
9 years 3 months ago #178379 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Rants far and wide
All my life ive been intimidated by math because i thought my brain couldnt handle it so i stay away from math
but some part of my mind must enjoy something about numbers because it just occured to me one day recently that
1 + 1 can sometimes equal 3 and maybe i framed it poorly like i was excited and said i just figured out that one plus one equals three i guess she thought i was trying tl say it does t equal two any more but she understood it exacly right when inexplained it because not only did i figure it out but i also explained it clearly and accessably and she undrstood it clearly and acted like it was some kind of hustle parlour trick like ohno my boss wouldnt accept thatt like what do you think i sit around trying to figure out how to steal money from your boss what does your boss have to do with this your kid just said showed you how one plus one equals three does not have any significance to you??

im figuring out theoretical physics on my own you could at least say good job son

the plus side is im figuring out theoretical physics on my own what am i complaining about am i not one of the luckiest people in the world???

it migh not actually be theoretical physics
i dont know enough about math to say what branch of mathmatics it is
but you have 1entity we can call orange and 1 entity we can call apple now when you put them togethrr you get a third entity we can call 3apple/orange
in thiz way every number has at least two applications

where a number represents only the number and another where a number represent all the numbers that came before it plus there is the seperate entity of the 1 that was added to it plus its new meaning as a new entity of x + 1 = x1

maybe i invented algebra
no one likes algebra i should have invented strppr polessu

People are complicated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

More
9 years 3 months ago #178394 by steamboat28
Replied by steamboat28 on topic Rants far and wide
The capacity for the human mind to dwell on people who won't spend a thought on it is staggeringly cruel.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
9 years 3 months ago #178422 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Rants far and wide
One of the most frustrating things about online banking is they make it difficult for me at the worst possible time (when i absolutely need it). The anti-fraud thing does not prevent fraudulent use yet does prevent genuine use. That's my personal experience with the thing . Someone managed to make an international payment using a fake name and my debit card number. But for me making a purchase similar to a previous purchase at the same store (large reputable company) within the country, using correct details, that's going too far! And those guys at the call center are a bunch of unhelpful tw*ts!

:silly:

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #178552 by
as outdated as this may be it still drives me up the wall to talk to people who insist that Rammstien's Du Hast in its origional German lyrics translates to "You Hate"

the German word for hate is HASST not Hast. Hast translates to have, so "Du hast mich gefragt" in a word for word translation means "you have me asked" (German grammar works wierd compared to English).

Yes in their English version of the song Rammstein changed "you have" to "you hate" but as it is their own song they can do what they want when they translate it. Their translation of it does not effect the meaning of the origional lyrics.

Sorry, its something that has bugged me for years and now I finally feel better.

More
9 years 3 months ago #178553 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Rants far and wide

Peej16870 wrote: as outdated as this may be it still drives me up the wall to talk to people who insist that Rammstien's Du Hast in its origional German lyrics translates to "You Hate"

the German word for hate is HASST not Hast. Hast translates to have, so "Du hast mich gefragt" in a word for word translation means "you have me asked" (German grammar works wierd compared to English).

Yes in their English version of the song Rammstein changed "you have" to "you hate" but as it is their own song they can do what they want when they translate it. Their translation of it does not effect the meaning of the origional lyrics.

Sorry, its something that has bugged me for years and now I finally feel better.

I've never heard them sing it in English... 'du hast mich' has more emphasise with the original meaning (in my opinion!).

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
The following user(s) said Thank You: steamboat28

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #178554 by

Edan wrote: I've never heard them sing it in English... 'du hast mich' has more emphasise with the original meaning (in my opinion!).

I grew up in central Pennsylvania, so I heard both vesrions because some radio stations refused to play the German version on air. I agree that the origional has more meaning becuse the verse section of the song (du, du hast, du hast mich) is given great context by the chorus(willst du bis der.....)

the whole thing is a play on the traditional German wedding vows and the lead singer by proclaiming "Nein" is giving the answer to the unanswered question refrenced in the verse.

yes i know it's just a song but dang it bad translation bugs me. it's why i actually try to avoid Google Translate and have two different translations for the dub of my favorite anime.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi