Rants far and wide

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #175137 by Breeze el Tierno
Replied by Breeze el Tierno on topic Rants far and wide
When this scenario plays out:

Person: Alright, everyone. You don't have to like each other. You don't have to be friends. You don't have to hang out, make out, hold hands or send 'get well' cards. You just need to demonstrate basic civility. Okay?

Other Person: YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not angry, as such. This is exhausting.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Breeze el Tierno. Reason: remembered something.
The following user(s) said Thank You: rugadd

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #175160 by
Replied by on topic Rants far and wide
Everyone who has responded to Kohadre's reply has missed the objective failure in his reply.

The rant thread is meant for people to unload a frustration without public comment. Had Kohadre sent me the same thing in a private message, my feud would stay between the two of us and perhaps someone I trust to help mediate. Now I am publicly obligated to speak on the matter though I would have preferred for it to stay between us. Kohadre has, in effect, ruined the purpose of this thread and everyone else jumped on the bandwagon.

I will not merit Kohadre's reply with one of my own. Incoherent rants by a man-child do not interest me.

Had no one replied, Kohadre's response would have been forgotten by next week.
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by .

More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #175163 by Edan
Replied by Edan on topic Rants far and wide
I change my mind on posting.

It won't let me have a blank signature ...
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by Edan.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #175169 by
I hate self doubt.

(Now, to add something to this rant thread I think we could all use.)

However, I realize self doubt is a good marker for humility, which is something I'm learning. Growing up in a high expectation community (my parents/school/peers, etc), I was conditioned to show off in order to show my self worth. This sets up an attitude of self doubt... Am I good enough? If I fuck up, is my life objectively less worthful?

I may hate self doubt, but it also reminds me of my limitations. I don't always advocate balance, but in this case, a little self doubt can keep me safe and not doing stupid things.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
9 years 3 months ago #175237 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Rants far and wide
[strike]I don't like people who discuss people instead of ideas and make it look like they're the good guys just because they adopt the views of whatever group they're a part of.[/strike]

I don't like mouthy sheeple.

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Amaya, Kohadre

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #175240 by
Irony is the argument of the weakminded. The gates of hell are marked by the words "Yeah but..."

(this is not an respond or reference to a previous post or reply in this topic )

More
9 years 3 months ago #175244 by Proteus
Replied by Proteus on topic Rants far and wide
I wish you knew...
I wish I knew.

“For it is easy to criticize and break down the spirit of others, but to know yourself takes a lifetime.”
― Bruce Lee

House of Orion
Offices: Education Administration
TM: Alexandre Orion | Apprentice: Loudzoo (Knight)

The Book of Proteus
IP Journal | Apprentice Volume | Knighthood Journal | Personal Log
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alexandre Orion

More
9 years 3 months ago #175249 by Kohadre
Replied by Kohadre on topic Rants far and wide
I hate how cupcakes loose their heads so easily.

I just want to enjoy my time around them, offer then encouraging words, but their frosty tops are too poorly attached to their crumbly bodies.

They are so prone to smearing themselves all over everyone and everything around them, without any consideration that perhaps others would rather not be covered in frosting.

Yes, but because they are so delicious, defeating a cupcake only makes it tastier. It only gives the cupcake more deliciousness, because more people identify with that cupcake in the sense that it's frosting has been removed and it needs help to get it's frosting back.

The cupcake promises eternal salvation of cupcake hunger, as long as people willingly choose to be covered in frosting, and seek to smear frosting on others as well.

If you deny the cupcakes sugary salvation, you will be cast out of cupcake land and labeled a cupcake hater.

So long and thanks for all the fish
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tarran

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
9 years 3 months ago #175283 by
It snowed here last night. It does not normally snow here. Apparently it has given everyone permission to act like idiotic children today. If one more person sings "Do You Want To Build A Snowman" from that horrible 'Frozen' movie to me today, I will personally take a flame thrower to Olaf and everything else 'Frozen'. :evil:

More
9 years 3 months ago #175286 by rugadd
Replied by rugadd on topic Rants far and wide
I hate "want".

rugadd

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi