-girls only-a female Jedi...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 week ago #14091 by
Replied by on topic Re:-girls only-a female Jedi...
who knows what lurks beneath the robes :D

Seriously tho, I can see points on all sides, but my take is this.

I feel a Jedi is a Jedi, male or female, human or otherwise, we are all equals. I wouldnt especially want to discuss 'private' business on a forum (as those who know me know what I mean)

I have nothing agaist the ladies section (they have cleaner bathrooms though) and I'd like to think whislt I am a male, ANYONE would feel they could talk about anything to me. I have many female friends, some going back years and many have talked about person issues to me, I dont have a problem with this and this is pre-Jedi times for me too.

So are not Jedi supposed to be open, with themselves, each other? Is it not the case that a private discussion is exactly that, be it betwenn males or females and Jedi as a whole.

Without meaning to be sexist here, it is common knowledge that women do talk more frankly between themselves than men, and hats off if they can do it in a public forum, but its not an arena id feel comfortable in...

now where is that pot of blue pills for Drizzt Do Urden

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 week ago #14101 by
LOL!!!!!!!

Just an example----really!!!!

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 1 week ago #14102 by
I had the same opinion as you.
It really unnessesary to have such a forum.How ever you could do the same.Its not like we would but we could.

Parris April and Yanna are the only girls that i know of so i wouldnt doubt that this forum would atract more guys and girls

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
16 years 1 week ago - 16 years 1 week ago #14112 by Neaj Pa Bol
Kana Seiko Haruki wrote:

who knows what lurks beneath the robes :D

Seriously tho, I can see points on all sides, but my take is this.

I feel a Jedi is a Jedi, male or female, human or otherwise, we are all equals. I wouldnt especially want to discuss 'private' business on a forum (as those who know me know what I mean)

I have nothing agaist the ladies section (they have cleaner bathrooms though) and I'd like to think whislt I am a male, ANYONE would feel they could talk about anything to me. I have many female friends, some going back years and many have talked about person issues to me, I dont have a problem with this and this is pre-Jedi times for me too.

So are not Jedi supposed to be open, with themselves, each other? Is it not the case that a private discussion is exactly that, be it betwenn males or females and Jedi as a whole.

Without meaning to be sexist here, it is common knowledge that women do talk more frankly between themselves than men, and hats off if they can do it in a public forum, but its not an arena id feel comfortable in...

now where is that pot of blue pills for Drizzt Do Urden

Well, I haven't been posting much or really around a lot since my husbands passing in Feb., but, as an old fart and here since the beginning of TOTJO I can express a thing or two about this subject....

It has its good points and its bad... here's why:

Good Points... Yes there are some things that girls will talk about with other girls as where they wouldn't with guys... two different ideals flow between the sexes and I'm not saying that its sexist or anything like that.... Guys just don't get girls 100% of the time and in certain subjects opinions can back fire...

Bad points.... Guys think girls are being to secluded or secretive and get their feathers ruffled.. (not taking offence here guys, you know it's true and I'm old enough to be you mother for most of you... so be truthful...) plus how can you keep guys from coming in and reading the posts and somewhere along the line they will post their opinions and some girls may not like that...

If you can take the fact that all will see and all will be able to post, even on sensitive items... Then hey, more power to it... Lets just remember to have politeness when it comes to what is said... Some topics are harsh ones that girls will slam and all, so keep this in mind and keep the hurt feelings between the sexes as to what is said and it will work!!!

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))
Last edit: 16 years 1 week ago by Neaj Pa Bol. Reason: misspelled words...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #46510 by
Replied by on topic Re: -girls only-a female Jedi...
As a trans-female (legally/biologically male), I think my input may be of use here.

I often do not go out in public presenting as female because I haven't overcome the ability to "pass" per se (and you'd be surprised the ability some have, whom you'd never imagine were possible, to transform themselves into females visually and not have it go with question). I do this to avoid social discrimination and, realistically, for my own physical well being.

Therefore, am I only female when I make myself appear female? Or is it something intrinsically deeper? I would contend that the key is only to be true to oneself, and to follow the values of the Jedi Order. How you dress or present is a mere matter of personal experession, and I believe as a Jedi that this is not pertinent to assessing how to adequately live the Jedi lifestyle.

Just my two cents.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
12 years 4 months ago #46520 by RyuJin
does gender really matter?...not to me, nor most(if not all) of our members...does gender identity matter?..again not to me, i've known several trans-gendered people, while it's not my cup of tea it's also not my place to judge. what makes each person happy is different and rightfully so, and no one should condemn another for doing what makes them happy.

the origin of this thread(i believe) was about whether or not we should or should not have a separate forum for women to discuss womanly matters...personally i don't think we should...i understand that some subjects are difficult for women to talk about openly, but isn't that what the p'm system is for?...i think(or hope) that most, if not all, of our male members are smart enough, kind enough, caring enough, and sensative enough that the female members could freely discuss most matters with them openly...but then again that's just my thoughts on it

Warning: Spoiler!

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #46521 by
I am 100% in agreement with RyuJin on this.

(A simple thank you on the post didn't go far enough for me.)

I am a living, breathing, hormonal male that loves the womanly kind (speaking just of my wife, haha), but I am also aware and believe the GLT people when they say they love their own kind. Who the hell am I to say they are wrong on something so personal to each of us? I used to think they were wrong, but dialogue and interaction with some from the gay community have taught me so much more than dogmatic rhetoric.

• RyuJin
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • The Path of Ignorance is Paved with Fear
More
12 years 4 months ago #46570 by RyuJin

Learn_To_Know wrote: I used to think they were wrong, but dialogue and interaction with some from the gay community have taught me so much more than dogmatic rhetoric.

a little education and discussion can go a long way in breaking down barriers ;)

Quotes:

J.L.Lawson,Master Knight, M.div, Eastern Studies S.I.G. Advisor (Formerly Known as the Buddhist Rite)
Former Masters: GM Kana Seiko Haruki , Br.John
Current Apprentices: Baru
Former Apprentices:Adhara(knight), Zenchi (knight)

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #46871 by
Actually, the origin of this thread was the standards Jedi women are held to as far as dress. It was a question. As for me, I dress how I like. I prefer to dress modestly but comfortably. Now as far as what the topic became, I agree with the guys actually. I'd rather speak to someone confidentially than talk about things like rape and periods on a public forum. I mean, I feel like it's like having a Caucasian forum or a disabled forum. I used things which many people would consider me so as not to offend people but it's like any common characteristic that people can be born with. And yes, there are things blind people don't talk to sighted people about. I grew up with that for years and have only recently begun to open myself up to the sighted community. May the Force be with us all, male and female.
Leena

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
12 years 4 months ago #46885 by
I on the other feel that we should be able to talk openly about rape and periods (having gone through both myself) The first when I was very young and after my hystrecmony I no longer have the latter.

But if anyone would like to message I am also more than happy to talk privately too.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi