-girls only-a female Jedi...

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4950 by
ok, i know that the world has stupid standards of females in general. but what about Jedi women? are we to also be polite and smart and well rounded and wear dresses and makeup and do our hair and keep up with apperance, or are their different standards for a female Jedi? clothing for instance, what is appropriate and modest according to Jedi standards? How should we act? you can't just sit there and tell me that we aren't held to a standard bar of any kind. What are admirable atributes that a Jedi woman should posses and what should we teach our daughters? What kind of manners are we supposed to have? Just some questions i've been thinking
about.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4968 by
Replied by on topic Re:-girls only-a female Jedi...
Well, as far as clothing is concerned, i feel that we should where clothes that are both practical and easy to move in, so we can go from doing chores to working out in an instant. I like the clothes that the twi'lek wore in the newer movies, you know the blue one. it is a bit revealing but i don't think that entirely matters, as long as it is comfortable. The men in the movies seem to always wear clothes that seem hot and probably are, but this is why i especially like the clothes this particular girl wears, as far as what everyone else is concerned, you can explain why you dress the way you do and then let them deside for themselves. Personally i hope that it doesn't matter what we act like as long as we follow the code and teachings.

Actually, i would like to make a new statement, are we encouraging this sort of special treatment by talking about it? Would it be so obvious that we are women if we didn't make it so obvious all the time? i hang out with mainly guys, they don't view me so much as a girl anymore, more or less just a one of the guys. hm, curious, just some thoughts, opinions?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4969 by
Jedi females???? What? You mean, Jediettes?

Heheheheee ..... Just kidding.... :P

• Neaj Pa Bol
  • Master
  • Master
    Registered
  • Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...
More
16 years 9 months ago #4971 by Neaj Pa Bol

Jedi females???? What? You mean, Jediettes?

:woohoo: :laugh: :lol: :silly:

I don't think we're looking to create a knock-off 50's background singers or a girls singing group!! LOL

Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn. Benjamin Franklin

Let the improvement of yourself keep you so busy that you have no time to criticize others. Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart

Participated in the making of the book, “The Jedi Compass”with 2 articles.

For today I serve so that tomorrow I may serve again. One step, One Vow, One Moment... Too always remember it is not about me... Master Neaj Pa Bol

Faith is daring the soul to go beyond what the eyes can see...

Faith is a journey, not a guilt trip...

Quiet your emotions to find inner peace. Learn from ignorance to foster knowledge.
Enjoy your passions but be immersed in serenity. Understand the chaos to see the harmony.
Life and death is to be one with the Force.

Apprentice's: Master Zanthan Storm, Jaxxy (Master Rachat et Espoir (Bridgette Barker))

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4973 by
Well, like i said....being one of the guys is nice but i DO enjoy being a girl. I also hang with mostly guys..but sometimes....there are just things that guys should know what they're talking about...

as for the twi'lek clothing....i love that outfit that Aayla wears ( the blue one..lol) soooo much. i like ur thinking.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4975 by
thank you, i know there is a time to be a girl, and i love being a girl and have imbraced it. It's just that why should we standardize ourselves into catagories as far as what to wear, how to act, etc. We should raise our daughter to be good Jedi, whether they choose that path or not. They should learn (boy or girl) to be fair and honest, unjudgmental and unbiased. We should teach them about equality, and how you can have nothing without something, boy without girl, black without white, night without day. Those are the things i will be teaching my children. I hope that they will take what i have to offer whent he time comes and use it.

Now if you are talking about the steriotypes we are held to at the moment, i have no idea what those are, lol. I haven't been in the community long enough.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4976 by
lol. i was talking sterotypes of women in general. and thank you for answering the question. i was just curious.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4977 by
okay, lol, i love to laugh. that was kind of a weird statement huh. uh oh, my strange personality is spilling over to the forums, better watch it.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4978 by
it's totally cool

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
16 years 9 months ago #4980 by
I may seem like im starting things but this is a topic that i really dislike
first off \"girls only\" this isnt some club i dont see a girls only christion club.As Jedi we hold our selfs in the same class. as Jedi.yes we do a have a student and teacher bond but we arnts serving under any one.
So why the need to brake away form the group.equal girl this equal women that...
come one women only take the good but not the bad.
Hmmm...
i want equal pay but the guy should pay for the moves and dinner

i want to be treated the same but guys cant come into our clubs or groups.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
and thats just a small part of it....im not trying to be mean its just any time i see things like all men a jerks or women rights this and that.It just sets me off because one not all guys are jerks girls just turn away the good ones and date only asshole guys and two womens right being treated as equals....well its not our nature you should worry about its yours....im sorry for being a negative nanny but its just my pet peeve.
My Code of Honor
/Virtue: You dont need a reason to help people
/Devotion: I will always change, but I will always be myself.
/Sorrow: How do you prove you exist...? Maybe we dont exist...
/Dilemma: Having sworn fealty, must I spend my life in servitude?
/Indulgence: I do what I want! Do you have a problem!?
/Arrogance: The only dependable thing about the future is uncertainty.
/Despair: To be forgotten is worse than death.
/Solitude: do not walk behinde me for a may not lead you,do not walk ahead of me for i may not follow dont walk beside me for i may not need you,just know that im here.

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi