Site Problems / Errors

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
13 years 4 months ago #36272 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re:Site Problems / Errors
In the top, right column.. there is a blog about Acceptance.... I'm thinking it does not belong there....

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
13 years 4 months ago #36274 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Re:Site Problems / Errors
The post on acceptance insn't a blog, it's a static page, which is why I put it there. Any admin can remove it if they wish.

The top menu is static and you'd have to modify the theme to change it, however it's fairly easy.

Jon, the old db password is still the same for the dark order. people can login to the main joomla as well as the forum. It may be different for you, since I hijacked your account to access the admin interface. I don't know if you can login to the main joomla or to the forum, mostly because i don't remember what I did (it was late and i was doing other things at the same time). If you have any problems logging in, tell me. Apart from that stuff works. (except for that problem of the forum not being accessible to anonymous users, although that's nothing new). I did however activate Url rewrite. It makes prettier urls than the original version, if there are any problems let me know (also the feature would have to be activated on the new webserver)

And about the chat... it is slightly different. not sure why. The basics work fine until whatever is wrong with it can be figured out.

Apart from that there's no news on the seminary forum ?

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 4 months ago #36275 by
Replied by on topic Re:Site Problems / Errors
Just checked the Seminary and it all seems ok. The only thing that isn't working is the \"log me in automatically each time\" function, which is slightly annoying.

Also, on the main TOTJO site, the link to the Forum listing is missing from the menus. I know it's on the new bit at the top right of the page but can we restore it to the menu too?

Sorry for not replying much - it's a busy week for me so I can't get on as much as I would like to.

• ren
    Registered
More
13 years 4 months ago #36276 by ren
It is in the main menu, just where it used to be. The only menu items that were removed are those that are now at the top of the site.

The link is SEMINARY and links to http://seminary.templeofthejediorder.org/forum/

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
13 years 4 months ago #36277 by
Replied by on topic Re:Site Problems / Errors
As I mentioned, I was talking about the \"Forum\" link that is now at the top of the screen, not the Seminary link. Jasper raised the same issue in the Admin section - could it be restored to the Main Menu please?

More
13 years 4 months ago #36278 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re:Site Problems / Errors
The changes in position of Articles & Blogs, Menus and so on are so easy even I can do it in the administrator panel of the site.

Here is where we are as of now.

1. Ren is making new backups of Dark and Seminary just to make absolutely sure.

1.A. The old server is totally shut down and vanquished. I'll do that. We may get a refund for two months, though it will be locked in our useless TOTJO PayPal account until I get them their stupid papers and have to pay for certified copies of our articles etc. Or we can wait out the 180 days then they have to release the money and close the account.

2. Ren gets this site and its Dark and Seminary subdomains and sites on the new server and we are there to stay.

3. The cosmetic changes we want that are listed here in this topic get done.

Founder of The Order

• ren
    Registered
More
13 years 4 months ago #36280 by ren
Ah sorry I thought you meant a link to the seminary forum, not the totjo forum.

• Jon
  • User
  • User
    Inactive
  • May the Dark Side of the Force serve you well!
More
13 years 4 months ago #36281 by Jon
Replied by Jon on topic Re:Site Problems / Errors
Ren, I have three main problems with TDO:

1. When I log into the main page it no longer logs me automatically into the forum.

2. I keep getting thrown out of the forum.

3. I cannot delete the Joomla cache any more.

The author of the TOTJO simple and solemn oath, the liturgy book, holy days, the FAQ and the Canon Law. Ordinant of GM Mark and Master Jestor.

• ren
    Registered
More
13 years 4 months ago #36282 by ren
Jon I think these problems might be linked to the site not running on templeofthejediorder.org. Except for the joomla cache, that would be a permission problem.

I've just re-started looking at the new server, setting it up and all, so as soon as John's got the DNS issues sorted (which is why the site runs at grayjedi.org instead of totjo) we'll start moving there and sorting things out from there.

More
13 years 4 months ago #36283 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re:Site Problems / Errors
I have the new nameservers and am ready to reset TempleOfTheJediOrder.org to them as soon as Ren tells me.

I can do it right now.

They may take 24 to 48 hours to resolve for everyone in a worse case scenario but the site should be accessible by http://173.236.113.155 directly.

Many operating systems will require a reboot too for your computers at home.

Founder of The Order

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi