Site Problems / Errors

• ren
    Registered
  • Not anywhere near the back of the bus
More
13 years 3 months ago #36441 by ren
Replied by ren on topic Re:Site Problems / Errors
Yes I found out what was wrong with the images and corrected that... Also, it is possible to have color in the signatures, see mine ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBCode

Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth than lies.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• ren
    Registered
More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #36577 by ren
Please test http://test.jediismreligion.org

Performance: There shouldn't be any issues. i've optimized it, and should give the same performance as we get here on a good day. Obviously report anything over 5 seconds (unless you're on dial-up)

Cosmetics: It's not finished, but essentially it's going to be red/grey/white. good dark themes are hard to find and people are complaining. This theme should pose no problem to visually-impaired users and as with any website Ctrl +/- will change the size. The forum theme will change (that red/blue theme is ugly), but after it gets an upgrade, as old themes aren't compatible.

Features: It should all work properly.

How to test: click everywhere, make new posts, blogs, spam the chat and shoutbox, button-bash reload on your browser...

Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by ren.

• Jestor
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
    Registered
  • What you want to learn, determines your teacher ..
More
13 years 3 months ago #36578 by Jestor
Replied by Jestor on topic Re:Site Problems / Errors
I think it went through there, but on my phone, the shout and medley area overlap to where it is hard to read....

So, we are not going to have the dark schemes then? Just asking....

On walk-about...

Sith ain't Evil...
Jedi ain't Saints....

"Bake or bake not. There is no fry" - Sean Ching

Rite: PureLand
Former Memeber of the TOTJO Council
Master: Jasper_Ward
Current Apprentices: Viskhard, DanWerts, Llama Su, Trisskar
Former Apprentices: Knight Learn_To_Know, Knight Edan, Knight Brenna, Knight Madhatter

• ren
    Registered
More
13 years 3 months ago - 13 years 3 months ago #36581 by ren
My guess is that your phone resolution is too small for the template (there are two fixed-width columns), although if it is mostly the shoutbox it could be down to that specific module (I have no problems on ff or webkit-gtk), but I dont use a mobile so i can't really say... this is a minor issue at this time though. When everything is setup the way it should be you can \"all\" -admins and such- take a look at everything and do as you please with the website(John is transferring the domain from Todd's reselling account thing and also we're moving away from the current host since it plainly sucks)

People have been complaining about the current theme, the previous one was broken... Apparently a light theme is the way forward to keep the site clean-looking and readable by all. (dark themes tend not to look very good) john seems to like it and the same theme is available for joomla 1.5, it's free, it works well, easy to modify, etc. Simply seems like a good thing to do.

now, please, you guys, \"click everywhere, make new posts, blogs, spam the chat and shoutbox, button-bash reload on your browser... \"

^^^^ Do this on the test site obviously http://test.jediismreligion.org

Last edit: 13 years 3 months ago by ren.

More
13 years 3 months ago #36582 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Re:Site Problems / Errors
This dark theme that we have is rigged together at best. The new on is solid. It's easy to modify. It will not be difficult to have several versions of it so folks can choose and that can include a dark theme that works right.

The single thing with the theme on the test site that bothers me is that all that gray text needs to be black. Period.

It is up to the admins including me to be able to do these things. I do not know how to do that yet.

Founder of The Order

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi