Where can it be built?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #331107 by
Replied by on topic Where can it be built?

Adder wrote: I think a great idea that has potential is a centralized virtual meeting place which exists as an augmented reality overlay on a standardized bare bones ''temple' structure. The closest example of this might be the market place in the recent sci-fi movie Valerian. The idea is that these bare bone temple structures can be built anywhere around the globe, in whatever local material serves the budget and climate, and participants can walk those real physical hallways surrounded by augmented activity from around the globe.

The facilities can be bigger or smaller, but those parts which match the standardized layout could be linked and synched to all temples around the world in realtime.

So there would only be 'one' temple, and it would not exist in any one location, but as dozens or even hundreds. One temple might be built of sandstone, while another a thousand miles away is built of straw... yet all one, interactive, virtual yet real.

I was reading about the Theresa May no confidence vote five days ago so I searched for Valorum, but The Force forced me to misspell Valorum and took me to Valerian and Laureline. Or maybe it was a coincidence. I wanted to nominate Mount Shasta, but my Archons agree with you. It should be Worldwide. I think it should be called the Temple of the Jedi Knights.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #331108 by Rex
Replied by Rex on topic Where can it be built?
Good to know the archons are on board. I was pretty disappointed with Valerian tbh

Knights Secretary's Secretary
Apprentices: Vandrar
TM: Carlos Martinez
"A serious and good philosophical work could be written consisting entirely of jokes" - Wittgenstein

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #331132 by

Rex wrote: I will humbly and preemptively accept the office of grand poobah of the ministry of poor planning of the Jedi state

Welcome aboard! Your first duty shall be to liaison with [insert name here] and assist him in planning of the new temple. We shall need to form a committee that shall decide on what sort of committee we shall need to begin planning the committee to build our new space temple. Also as a secondary task we need money. As grand poobah of poor planning you know this is only a minor detail though and we will talk about it later, no big deal.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #331137 by

JamesSand wrote: Due to irreconcilable differences over the use of apostrophes, I regret to inform you all that I an no longer able to support to Jedi State of the United States (uh?)

I hearby proclaim myself the Champion of Concordian Knights of the Down Under Division

Ok, Just dont be surprised if you find OB1s star fleet on your door step in the morning. He needs to test out his new Ravashall Pulsar Cannons anyway... just saying,... have a nice day!:) :)
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by .

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #331148 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Where can it be built?
The GPS is broken. Siri keeps lesding us in a circle around one of Endor’s moons and apparently we’re three months behind our payments to Belkin. Rex, i need you plan us a route from Endor to Australia— wherever the heck THAT is.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Rex

More
5 years 4 months ago #331149 by JamesSand
Replied by JamesSand on topic Where can it be built?
What are you going to do? Turn the place in an uninhabitable wasteland, scorched by fire and dust storms?

To drag this kicking and screaming back to whatever it was we were talking about - There could be an argument for the Temple being at Skywalker Ranch (I'm not sure how Brother John would feel about this, as I believe he considers his own property the centre and sanctuary for all TotJO folk (The Tax office probably agrees with him)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Manu, OB1Shinobi

More
5 years 4 months ago #331154 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Where can it be built?

JamesSand wrote: What are you going to do? Turn the place in an uninhabitable wasteland, scorched by fire and dust storms?

Beware Australia. The mutated rancor dingos, vicious crocodiles and assassin wallabies WILL destroy you.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward

More
5 years 4 months ago #331156 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Where can it be built?
Cant put the temple on skywalker ranch cause its not skywalker ranch anymore. Disney sued lucas for copyright infringment, he had to change the name. I forget what it is. Something stupid like “im so freaking rich” or something.

People are complicated.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #331163 by

Rex wrote: Good to know the archons are on board. I was pretty disappointed with Valerian tbh

I have not watched Valerian yet. How about something like the OASIS from Ready Player One?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #331176 by
That tis ridickolas

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi