Where can it be built?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #330829 by
Replied by on topic Where can it be built?

Tellahane wrote:

Yabuturtle wrote: I feel like if it is built in a certain place where there's a decent amount of Jedi, you won't really need to recruit. People will line up to see it and get into the faith without being proselytized about it.

Knighting ceremonies would be best personally

The best way you can learn from your masters and especially if you wish to learn combat, via lightsaber, swordsman ship, martial arts ect. It's hard to do that online xD

More non Jedi will check out the faith and practice it

These are some of the benefits of having it. The Master/apprentice relationship is probably one of the most important things in the temple. Now of course you don't need to have a temple built in order to be trained by a master, but if there is a retreat where there are rooms, lightsabers, libraries perhaps, a place where maybe Masters can teach multiple students at once, that would be great.

I understand there are some Jedi that aren't really Jedi and are just pretending to take the name because it's cool and don't really do anything Jedi related outside of claiming to be one same with those who claim to be witches but don't do anything witch related or magic related and just claim to have powers they don;t have and I always feel people should treat faith more seriously because they end up seeing the ones who don't take it seriously and think all Jedi are like that which is unfair. I have seen that in videos where some guy, ignorant of the faith, think that Jedi believe they can do everything a Jedi can do in the films. Much like the people who see fake magicians or magic users and think "Oh this guy claims to use magic spiritual powers, he must think he can move continents and shoot fireballs like in the movies" when real magic doesn't really work like that (Again, anyone who practices a lot of metaphysical stuff knows what I'm talking about but that's another topic)

But if they see a temple, they may think "Oh wow, I was wrong " and may even practice it themselves.

I guess my question for you is why is recruiting and validation such a huge importance for you?

It's not for the purpose of finding more recruits that I am interested in. People would naturally become more interested in the Jedi faith if they saw a temple.

It isn't important to me so much as it would be more important to the Jedi community. I like seeing new faiths being sprung and some being rediscovered and while seeing Norse and Sumerian temples being built I like the idea of a Jedi temple built in an ideal place and the Jedi faith taught me many things

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #330830 by

OB1Shinobi wrote: Did she use her eye to make a potion? Ran out of bats, or something? I hope she wouldn't expect that kind of commitment from me, i like my eyes.

Someone turned her into a newt, during that time she used her eye in a potion calling for eye of newt. But then she got better. I think she wont ask the same of you since you are not a newt, (Or are you?) But you might want to get your gimp suit to the dry cleaners.

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #330832 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Where can it be built?

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

OB1Shinobi wrote: Did she use her eye to make a potion? Ran out of bats, or something? I hope she wouldn't expect that kind of commitment from me, i like my eyes.

Someone turned her into a newt, during that time she used her eye in a potion calling for eye of newt. But then she got better. I think she wont ask the same of you since you are not a newt, (Or are you?) But you might want to get your gimp suit to the dry cleaners.

Well, she is a very attractive lady, and by the sounds of it, very tough. An impressive person id bet and im sure i would enjoy getting to know her but i dont have a gimp suit (at least not one that will fit her; my last gimp was incredibly small), nor a dry-cleaner, matter of fact, so it seems we may not be compatible in that way. Alas for yet another hope crushed against the rocks of a world thats just too demanding. Why is love so difficult? :(

People are complicated.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #330834 by

OB1Shinobi wrote: Well, she is a very attractive lady, and by the sounds of it, very tough. An impressive person id bet and im sure i would enjoy getting to know her but i dont have a gimp suit(at least not one that will fit ehr, my last gimp was incredibly small), nor a dry-cleaner, matter of fact, so it seems we may not be compatible in that way. Alas for yet another hope crushed against the rocks of a world thats just too demanding. Why is love so difficult? :(

She is stunning and she is hard but also very flexable (in more ways than one ;-) ) so she might be worth some extra effort in imagination. I'll bet you can win her over! Just dont look under the bed... or end up there...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #330855 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

OB1Shinobi wrote: Well, she is a very attractive lady, and by the sounds of it, very tough. An impressive person id bet and im sure i would enjoy getting to know her but i dont have a gimp suit(at least not one that will fit ehr, my last gimp was incredibly small), nor a dry-cleaner, matter of fact, so it seems we may not be compatible in that way. Alas for yet another hope crushed against the rocks of a world thats just too demanding. Why is love so difficult? :(

She is stunning and she is hard but also very flexable (in more ways than one ;-) ) so she might be worth some extra effort in imagination. I'll bet you can win her over! Just dont look under the bed... or end up there...

... And what exactly is the point of all this?

More
5 years 4 months ago #330857 by Vaziel_Sorel
Replied by Vaziel_Sorel on topic Where can it be built?

Arisaig wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Looks like playful banter.
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #330858 by

Vaziel_Sorel wrote:

Arisaig wrote:

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Looks like playful banter.

Playful off topic banter, agreed.

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #330866 by OB1Shinobi
Airisaig the type of guy to say “SSHHHHHH!” after everyone fell asleep :P

People are complicated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rex, Vaziel_Sorel

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #330867 by

OB1Shinobi wrote: Airisaig the type of guy to wait till everyone asleep to say “SHHHH!”

Mhmm. How does this help anyone?

This is a thread to discuss the idea of a physical temple, not my timing as to when you assume I'd tell people to be quiet...

Ideas, not people, yadda yadda et cetera ad nauseum...
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by .

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #330870 by OB1Shinobi
We were long done talking already, how did your “shhh” help?

Look, i like you bro, i think we’re friends, sort of. Or i did think that in the past; you tell me? Anyway, i dont have the power to un-ban myself but while im here, to the degree that i am moderated, it will be self-moderation. That means im going to decide for myself how to speak; I’ll say what i think i should say, though others may disapprove, and im definitely going be silly and play around sometimes. Attempts on your part to decide what is appropriate for me will result in frustration for you but - minus banning - no real change in my behavior.

This is so much more of a polite explanation than ive ever given anyone else, lol.

People are complicated.
The following user(s) said Thank You:

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi