Where can it be built?

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #330872 by
Replied by on topic Where can it be built?
Was not a shush, but more of a friendly hinting that the PM function exists.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #330873 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Where can it be built?
Is that what it was? We all have our perceptions. I saw it as a reactive effort to control something that was irritating you. Kyrin in particular gets on your nerves lol and when she does, you react (to your credit im sure there are times that you keep it to yourself). I dont want to be involved in peoples personal grudges. I think holding onto grudges and the nursing of personal resentments is decidedly UN-Jedi-like.

But again id ask, what did it accomplish? Assuming that either of us had forgotten that the PM function exists, (i didnt) we were already done, anyway. Now here we are, still off topic. Is this conversation that we are having fruitful? Thats a real question, it could be that it is.

Conversations have an eb and flow and they sometimes wander. As much as we may prefer that everyone keep their coloring inside the lines, running around nagging them about it is probably not going go achieve much.

People are complicated.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Vaziel_Sorel

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #330878 by

OB1Shinobi wrote: Is that what it was? We all have our perceptions. I saw it as a reactive effort to control something that was irritating you. Kyrin in particular gets on your nerves lol and when she does, you react (to your credit im sure there are times that you keep it to yourself). I dont want to be involved in peoples personal grudges. I think holding onto grudges and the nursing of personal resentments is decidedly UN-Jedi-like.

Agreed. Which is why I'd very much like it if you decided to read my statements without how they reflect on an individual. I harbour no ill will or resentment to anyone in this Temple, save for those actively breaking rules for giggles. Why? Because I am a Jedi, and any reference to me being anything less... Well, is an insult.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by . Reason: I do, however, harbour resentment to my autocorrect...

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #330883 by
I think it depends on what you want to call a Temple.

I think most of us have a shrine/Temple/Sacred Space that we can/will go to for meditating, grounding, centering, worshiping, cleansing etc... So maybe, the first physical Temple has already been done. Each of us may already have one.

My homestead is my Temple. I have built it to be a small impact on my environment. Comforting, and relaxing. I have opened my home up for as long as I have been able to as an adult, for gatherings, healing, centering and retreats for people that need it. I currently have one person in my home now that is regrouping and establish a plan to move forward on their Path in life.

Each of us, living as Jedi, are a Temple. We carry it with us. We embody it and we are the example of the Temple through our actions and deeds.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #330895 by

Arisaig wrote: Agreed. Which is why I'd very much like it if you decided to read my statements without how they reflect on an individual. I harbour no ill will or resentment to anyone in this Temple, save for those actively breaking rules for giggles. Why? Because I am a Jedi, and any reference to me being anything less... Well, is an insult.

Attachment images.jpg not found

Attachments:

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #330899 by

Kyrin Wyldstar wrote:

Arisaig wrote: Agreed. Which is why I'd very much like it if you decided to read my statements without how they reflect on an individual. I harbour no ill will or resentment to anyone in this Temple, save for those actively breaking rules for giggles. Why? Because I am a Jedi, and any reference to me being anything less... Well, is an insult.

Attachment images.jpg not found

Yes, really. Unless you can prove otherwise... reminder...

Do not antagonize another member based on history
Do not personally attack others in public
Practice empathy and perspective taking.
Dialogue about ideas and do not attack people
Take breaks when needed
And use this space appropriately.

Man, I find myself copying this a lot recently...
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by .

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #330902 by

Arisaig wrote:
Man, I find myself copying this a lot recently...[/color]

Maybe you should take a break yourself then. Self reflection is important.

More
5 years 4 months ago #330903 by Manu
Replied by Manu on topic Where can it be built?

Arisaig wrote: Was not a shush, but more of a friendly hinting that the PM function exists.

Just as there is a wide array of members and guests here, there are a hugely diverse set of "needs" being satisfied by this online bulletin board platform, one of which is the social aspect of bonding with others while being silly. I personally see no harm in the off-topic banter - I mean, you could always do like Karn just did, skip the banter and reply to the topic itself to keep the conversation going.

The pessimist complains about the wind;
The optimist expects it to change;
The realist adjusts the sails.
- William Arthur Ward
The following user(s) said Thank You: OB1Shinobi, Kobos, , , Vaziel_Sorel

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 4 months ago #330905 by
Can't stop when there is a Temple to be built.

To bring this all back on topic (sorry everyone...) I do agree that the UK is best simply because it is an international hub. People going to the EU from the USA will, most likely, pass through the UK (dunno if Brexit will change this tho)... and vice versa.

I've always thought as much. But, I guess, the issue is where in the UK? Should it be closer to the larger, more densely populated south where we can do more work helping people, or out further in the country, where we can live a more peaceful existence of training?

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #330906 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Where can it be built?
A whole bunch of replies were submitted while i was writing this...

You mean youd like me to just do what you want me to do, without me mentioning that youve got actual motives benind it. Oh, I see; you only harbor ill will and resentment towards people breaking the rules. How very magnaminus of you, oh magnificent Jedi. But werent Kyrin and i “breaking the rules” by goofing off for a few posts? Sure we were, by the narrow standards of a persons who’s holding on to a grudge. So, there you were, resenting us, irritated at us for “breaking the rules” even though it really wasnt that big of a deal. You had to step in and REVIVE A CONVERSATION THAT WAS ALREADY FINISHED, just to say “dont continue this conversation.

And now youre so concerned with breaking the rules of “on-topic” that youre continuing to keep us off topic - count how many replies Kyrin and I exchanged and how many you and I have exchanged now, and tell me how important it is to you to stay on topic. You could have let this conversation go after any of my posts but...? Last word, maybe? Every reply will get a reply, remember that when youre balancing your priorities here.

And i gues i need to spell it out for you more plainly; you arent my nanny and it will only increase the frustration in your life if you try to be my nanny in any of my conversations. Look at how much more frustrating this has gotten for you....its not getting less frustrating with more replies, lol. I am grown (or, grown-isn lol) and i have 100x more confidence in my own judgment about how i should carry myself than i do in your judgment about how i should carry myself. Im not listening to you. I keep my behavior within the rules and i USUALLY adjust as necessary (and when i dont, you wont change my mind, lol) so i cant imagine there will ever be a time when you step in to act as an authority over my behavior that youre going to get any more courteous or cooperative response that what you got from my first post. The answer to your question was a simple and polite “no” and thats where we ought to keep it. But if youd like to keep pestering me then we can update that to “and you can also go to hell”.

You can cry me a river about feeling insulted: you arent being insulted, youre being a nanny, which is irritating its own right. And this is the response youll get from me for doing it. You can certainly choose to feel insulted if you want but thats your choice and be aware; choosing to feel insulted when there is no need is the first step to building a personal resentment against someone. Resentment doesnt make your life or relationships better.

————————

This is about the time when someone will step in to say “ok everybody lets all play nice... maybe take a break so we dont have to have “feelings”” lol

People are complicated.
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by OB1Shinobi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , , Vaziel_Sorel

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi