Where can it be built?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #330758 by
Where can it be built? was created by
As far as Jedi temples go?

I understand that as time progresses over and over people are talking about it. Not of what a temple should look like. I mean in iceland they are already building a Zuist temple and that is based on Sumerian Paganism. Why not for Jedi? I remember there actually were petitions of Jedi wanting to built a Jedi temple in Turkey a few years ago too.

but where is that ideal place?

If I make enough money particularly in the lottery, I will try to build a temple for you Jedi :)

I understand churches can be rented out and covered but I feel to make it truly special it should be built from scratch

As a fellow Druid, I am wanting to start my own grove but with money I would be happy to to see if one can be built for you guys. I know it's a stretch but dreams have to start somewhere. I had figured the country or city with the most Jedi should have it. I often hear London or Leeds England has the most Jedi, but what do you think? :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #330761 by
Replied by on topic Where can it be built?
A few things:
London has a lot of proclaimed Jedi, but not a lot of practicing Jedi (who are online). At least, not anymore than any other place.

The monetary cost is astronomical, and the solution is to do it in steps:
A. More people involved.
B. Online to Offline.
C. Have many active offline chapters.
D. Those chapters should be practicing outreach. Service-based stuff.
E. Then, when it’s popular, building the physical temple.

More
5 years 3 months ago #330762 by Tellahane
Replied by Tellahane on topic Where can it be built?
Most importantly, there has to be a need for it first... its a would nice to have, but far from a need.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #330763 by
Definitely. But with cost, it all depends on the temple after all? :P

Because there are temples, and then there's TEMPLES

Ranging from small chapels to large cathedrals or even monastery. Personally I'd want a large cathedral but have to start smaller

Since Jedi are often spread out it is kind of hard to narrow it down.
(Although I bet if people knew a temple would be built for certain, I promise there would be newer converts ;)

More
5 years 3 months ago #330765 by Br. John
Replied by Br. John on topic Where can it be built?
Monastery. A place were a few live there and have room for guests. That will probably be the first.

Founder of The Order
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kobos, thomaswfaulkner

• Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #330766 by

Yabuturtle wrote: If I make enough money particularly in the lottery, I will try to build a temple for you Jedi :)

Ranging from small chapels to large cathedrals or even monastery. Personally I'd want a large cathedral but have to start smaller

Why do you want to build a temple for a Jedi if you are not a Jedi? What benefit do you get out of it? Also how many temples do you plan to build? a monk one? a Buddhist one? a christian one as well? There are as many opinions on what a temple should be for a Jedi as there are Jedi. From a cathedral to a shack in the forest to a multi roomed study building to a full campus. What will you build and how will you get anyone to use it?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago #330771 by
Monastery would be good. I always liked to see that too where it is off the coast for fishing, guests can stay there, fellow jedi can train there and train others too

Although I'm a druid and would like to save money for a grove, I like the Jedi ideology and wanted to see a temple after almost 2 decades of people looking up and practicing Jediism

It's nice to see them become complete like with Norse Pagans having their own Valheim Hof in Denmark and another one is being built in Iceland

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
    Public
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #330772 by
I am thinking that with enough money can be built and the hof in denmark isn't too big either but then it doesn't have to be.
http://grimbeorn.blogspot.com/2016/05/valheim-hof.html
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by .

More
5 years 3 months ago #330785 by Nakis
Replied by Nakis on topic Where can it be built?
So, here's the first question for a theoretical "first dedicated building" idea: What practices must it be able to hold?

Everyone here has their own personal methods and styles of thought, plus everyone has their own personal version of how Jediism interacts with the community.

Does it function as a community center? Does it need to have personally sustainable gardens? Does it need to have rooms for group meditation? Does it need to be interchangeable with storage for various items? Does it need work space to produce items to help fund the program?

The first aspect is to determine the focus of the facility and how it fits in the community. My group, as it stands for next year, has an open place in my home to meet/greet/learn/practice. The focus of my group is community, education, and as a gathering point to execute community tasks. No one lives in the dedicated section of the home to the Temple and thus supporting that side of the program boils down to tea, bread, and furnishings.

Overall, how the first dedicated building would be shaped by how it interacts with the community itself and how it will support itself. I envisioned (provided I won the lottery) a meditation center that allowed for multi-day stays, but the primary focus was providing a mid-day, meditation/yoga/relaxation spot that is somewhere in a commercial district. Rent the meditation rooms by the half hour type thing. The focus point of that building would be providing those spaces as well as cheap spaces for other smaller groups to come and gather at.

We worry a lot about money, which is very important with dedicated facilities, but part of that is how we are focused. There's a world of difference between how a monastery in the woods functions versus a chapel versus a storefront community center, and each of these are also able to offer specialized services to support the function of the Temple grounds.

Licensed Clergy Person
The following user(s) said Thank You: Avalon, Kobos

More
5 years 3 months ago #330789 by OB1Shinobi
Replied by OB1Shinobi on topic Where can it be built?
Somewhere on a coastline with a harbor so we can launch our fleet as necessary. We also need at least a hundred square miles of land, at least partly forested. Some needs to be farmable for crops and ranching, and If we can get a river and some mountains in our map, all the better. Of course it goes without saying we will need an airstrip and a helicopter pad.

Man we could do some really cool trainng exercises with those kinds of resources.

People are complicated.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Carlos.Martinez3, Kobos

Moderators: ZerokevlarVerheilenChaotishRabeRiniTavi